Kunos teases Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

r8.jpg
Looks like Kunos Simulazioni may be gearing up for a third Assetto Corsa DLC. Kunos official Facebook page posted the following video with the "#dreampack3" hashtag. No official announcement or further details yet, but it's probably going to include a Lotus 25.

Additionally, the team published a screenshot of the Audi R8 Plus, which is apparently "incoming free bonus content". Certainly good news for fans of the Italian racing sim, which has steadily improved in the last couple of major updates.

Once again, there are no details about the R8 Plus roadcar, so we'll have to wait a little more. In the meantime, you can drive the R8 LMS Ultra which was included in the previous release, Dream Pack 2.

Would you buy another expansion pack for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
the worst thing that even forza falls into is the special colours duplicates, they add something like "paraffin yellow" and surprise another car. Another thing is say they have three skins for a ferrari 458, yeah that counts at 3 cars not one. Imagine if kunos did that with their 458, hell with all the skins i have AC would have like "2000" cars by console standards.

Honestly, I would expect nothing less from Xbox "exclusive", in fact I don't even consider Forza a sim, I'd say its the most realistic arcade.

I was slightly upset that in last DLC the Akrapovic BMW was a separate car, I think that with merely exhaust that changes only sound should've been a step version, like the RUF with RWD and AWD. Of course I understand marketing too, so I just hope that this move leads AC towards a better future with immersive sounds, since they have this contract with Akrapovic to help them with recording and processing.

Kunos, bless their hearts, does not have the same core design philosophy as Polyphony. GT is more of a car enthusiast game rather than a more focused genre that Kunos puts out.

So far Kunos has so many great classes to race in:
-70s F1
-80s/90s Touring Cars
-GTE/GT2/GT3 racing series (not all same year spec but close)
-Various Road cars from FWD (fail wheel drive) hatches to an LaF
-Junior Formula racers ie. F Abarth, F3 (rsr mod)

The tracks are all amazing, and ones most suitable for good racing. Personally I'm glad we don't have any Tilke dromes. The only one that needs to be there is Istanbul GP. The rest could get ruined in earthquakes and I wouldn't bat an eye lash.

Also, mod'ing, is winning. The most talented modders are coming to AC. I've beaten this horse already, but the problem is some series are so popular that others dont get multiplayer time. And let's face the truth, racing a GT3 car vs a 70s F1 car is way easier to do and provides closer racing with more consistent performance. Most of AC users are new to the genre, most are not skilled enough to handle some cars accurately and consistently over a race distance, most dont have 10 years simracing experience to understand that time and practice are required to get proper enjoyment out of the game and what it offers. We are a push button society now, blah blah blah blah AC is good. lol

• Deleted member 130869

Those mentioning Steam Workshop, isn't there some kind of issue with the majority of the mod content breaking copyright rules left right and centre?

Without charging money, scratch-made mods, or uploaded/converted with permission, can certainly be allowed. Currently there are issues with specific people uploading mods belonging to others and being stubborn about it, it doesn't look like anything will happen to them but if there are too many flags (from those mod creators and users), the user may be reprimanded.

Oh, that must be why the URD guys change the name on all of the cars (e.g. Ferruccio for Ferrari) since they charge money for the product? And that is all legal and above board? cool!
As far as I'm aware, what URD is doing is not legal at all, as many of the brands have patents and copyrights on the actual shape and design of the bodywork on the cars in addition to the brand name. This is so that you can't just clearly create, for example an Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro, and call it an "Aura", or a Ferrari 458 GT2 and call it a "Ferruchio" or whatever it's called.

This is so that you can't just clearly create, for example an Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro, and call it an "Aura", or a Ferrari 458 GT2 and call it a "Ferruchio" or whatever it's called.

Again not sure about cars but thats what they do in sports game such as PES/International Cricket. Not all teams are licenced to for the unlicensed teams they replace the name with something else but you can tell who the player is modeled off. e.g. they replaced sachin tendulkar with tenhukker.

Also arn't guns licensed for certain shapes etc? EA doesn't pay for gun licences anymore.
http://kotaku.com/ea-wont-be-paying...RgQ.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com.au/

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, what URD is doing is not legal at all...

IANAL, but there is a big difference between modelling a car in a game and cloning and selling a real car. I have a painting of a Porsche 917 on my wall and I bet the painter didn't license that image from Porsche. I think as long as the likes of URD don't use the real names then they are unlikely to have any legal problems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%