Kunos teases Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

r8.jpg
Looks like Kunos Simulazioni may be gearing up for a third Assetto Corsa DLC. Kunos official Facebook page posted the following video with the "#dreampack3" hashtag. No official announcement or further details yet, but it's probably going to include a Lotus 25.

Additionally, the team published a screenshot of the Audi R8 Plus, which is apparently "incoming free bonus content". Certainly good news for fans of the Italian racing sim, which has steadily improved in the last couple of major updates.

Once again, there are no details about the R8 Plus roadcar, so we'll have to wait a little more. In the meantime, you can drive the R8 LMS Ultra which was included in the previous release, Dream Pack 2.

Would you buy another expansion pack for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering what they´re charging for the DLC's I will buy it. I needs to include content that I am interested in though.
I want more interesting classic open wheelers, vintage cars with h-shifter. Just a pack of GT3 cars I wouldnt buy personally. I would like to see kunos do his best to implement the formula ford from netKar with the same level of physics. That kind of high level content is missing in AC imo. Too many pointless lotuses and so on for my taste.
Some laguna seca, bathurst and road atlanta would be nice too.

My personal opinion too is that sound is lacking so much that I would even pay to get a serious dedication to improve all car sounds.
Agree about high level content, although I really like the Lotuses ;) Anyway, since I upgraded my nvidia driver to latest whql version, also new hdmi sound driver got installed and for me the game hasnt sounded any better . Track Pack would be awesome, I`d be willing to pay alot on that front ;)

I don’t get why there’s no more interest to host a server with tracks like Paul Ricard, Donington, Grobnik, Bridgehampton etc…they are out there! They are great! They are very well done and don’t have to hide behind Kunos content.

Because they're mods and majority of people don't know about them, steam workshop would probably fix that.

Because they're mods and majority of people don't know about them, steam workshop would probably fix that.
But by hosting them they show up in the browser, then people see them, then people check them out, then they download them, then they play them, then the server gets populated, then more servers can host them and get traffic, then more people see them, then they ask what they are... and so on.

A lot of what limits the community is a stasis created by people on both ends, user and host.

But by hosting them they show up in the browser, then people see them, then people check them out, then they download them, then they play them, then the server gets populated, then more servers can host them and get traffic, then more people see them, then they ask what they are... and so on.

A lot of what limits the community is a stasis created by people on both ends, user and host.
Generically, people are lazy. If they see some mod: "Oh, I don't have it". I bet you, at least 75% can't be bothered (or do not see them at all due to the DLC filter) , they are happy enough with stock content as there are enough races in there or they are not capable of installing mods. Maybe like 5% of the viewers want to get the download, they open one or two of their favorite sites, can't find it and quit. Those who never visited mod sites will have an even harder time finding the correct AC mod through search engines, as most mod hosts do not show up in the first page. (Think of 'mod-blogs')
I bet you, that out of 100 server name 'views', 1 or 2 will actually download the mod and join the server. Marketing is not that easy to just 'host a server with a mod' and downloads will flow in.
Besides that, how do you want to get your server viewed in the first place? Top spot servernames are generally taken, DLC filter exists and a full server will not be a feasible 'marketing' method as you don't have that big a publicity for a specific mod. @D1visor is right stating that the Workshop would generate a lot more publicity, ease-of-use and automatic updates to keep people up-to-date and constantly able to use the server.
As long as there is no Steam Workshop, we provide our services to enable modders to find a bigger target group through our 'Downloads'. But even then, not everybody who owns AC, knows RD.

But by hosting them they show up in the browser, then people see them, then people check them out,
And what's the point in that?

Learning a track for a mediocre driver like me takes quite a long time.
So i have 2 choices:
* Download the track and learn it on my own and hope for it ever to be in rotation again or
* Join the server and possibly **** up the race of others.

I skip mod content in MP races unless it's announced in advance like in RD's club races.

Generically, people are lazy. If they see some mod: "Oh, I don't have it". I bet you, at least 75% can't be bothered (or do not see them at all due to the DLC filter) , they are happy enough with stock content as there are enough races in there or they are not capable of installing mods. Maybe like 5% of the viewers want to get the download, they open one or two of their favorite sites, can't find it and quit. Those who never visited mod sites will have an even harder time finding the correct AC mod through search engines, as most mod hosts do not show up in the first page. (Think of 'mod-blogs')
I bet you, that out of 100 server name 'views', 1 or 2 will actually download the mod and join the server. Marketing is not that easy to just 'host a server with a mod' and downloads will flow in.
Besides that, how do you want to get your server viewed in the first place? Top spot servernames are generally taken, DLC filter exists and a full server will not be a feasible 'marketing' method as you don't have that big a publicity for a specific mod. @D1visor is right stating that the Workshop would generate a lot more publicity, ease-of-use and automatic updates to keep people up-to-date and constantly able to use the server.
As long as there is no Steam Workshop, we provide our services to enable modders to find a bigger target group through our 'Downloads'. But even then, not everybody who owns AC, knows RD.

Nice to see another realistic thinker :). Answer: Steam Workshop

Last edited:
I would also like to see the ability of non-DLC buyers to join sessions with DLC-cars.
This is the reason I'm probably not buying any more dlc until this is fixed. I'd also like some multiplayer improvements.

That is of course unless the next dlc has a car I really really like. Anything from the historix mod type of cars would probably make it very tempting. Same with anything from 70s-90s racing cars that are not aero obsessed (not fan of gt cars or prototypes and definitely not single seaters from 80s onwards). Touring cars would be amazing (even fwd ones), transams and imsa cars from 80s would be hard to resist. I don't really mind gt3 cars either way though.

Biggest issue at the moment is the wide variety of tire physics issues but I'm confident kunos will fix those.

But at the most basic level the bad way the dlcs are done (reason in the post I quoted) my approach to all dlcs is slightly negative instead of neutral or even interested. I'm not holding my breath though as it seems this issue is not a technical limitation but it seems to be actually a business decision. It seems it is done that way on purpose which I personally find a bit disturbing. Technically it is easy to solve.

I'm not a fan of race cars as I find most of them boring (except maybe for M3 and Merc DTM - cool analog stuff)...

But if Kunos have resources... and McLaren F1 GTR already in game... then... why not make Ferrari F40 GTE (obvious choice), Lotus Esprit GT1... and maybe some Lambo Diablo...

DP3 is ofc instant buy for me.

And what's the point in that?

Learning a track for a mediocre driver like me takes quite a long time.
So i have 2 choices:
* Download the track and learn it on my own and hope for it ever to be in rotation again or
* Join the server and possibly **** up the race of others.

I skip mod content in MP races unless it's announced in advance like in RD's club races.

I dunno.. I like driving different tracks... I get bored of the same ones after a while... I'm not a spectacular driver either but I can learn a track well enough to not be a hazard even if I can't run at pole.

I just don't understand the logic in this argument. I think it just feels like you're trying to rationally defend a disinterest without having to admit to being disinterested.

I see this as a hobby, the kind where you have some investment in exploring it and pushing yourself. I guess others see it as a switch brain off, press buttons, receive bacon type of deal.

I just don't understand the logic in this argument.
When i learn a track 2 things are extremely common:
* I take turns way slower and brake way earlier than possible
* I tend to spin out

Both actions are very likely to affect other drivers on the track.
I don't want to be the guy to knock out other drivers, so i don't hop on MP servers hosting tracks i don't know at all.

When i learn a track 2 things are extremely common:
* I take turns way slower and brake way earlier than possible
* I tend to spin out

Both actions are very likely to affect other drivers on the track.
I don't want to be the guy to knock out other drivers, so i don't hop on MP servers hosting tracks i don't know at all.
Which holds true for all tracks including Kunos official content. I don't see how this is an issue for mod tracks, particularly since the number of high quality mod tracks worthy of being used along side official content numbers less than the total number of Kunos tracks.

This is a problem for any new Kunos tracks as well, so I still don't see the logic, unless its that you're unwilling or uninterested in investing in learning a new track that isn't Kunos.

This is a problem for any new Kunos tracks as well, so I still don't see the logic, unless its that you're unwilling or uninterested in investing in learning a new track that isn't Kunos.
Kunos tracks come with a pretty solid guarantee there'll be online action at some point, whereas different people have different standards on mods so you might never see a certain track online (esp. if there's multiple versions of it from different sources)

Kunos tracks come with a pretty solid guarantee there'll be online action at some point, whereas different people have different standards on mods so you might never see a certain track online (esp. if there's multiple versions of it from different sources)

I already explained how its a feedback loop of demure attitudes. Everybody has official content-itis. The mod community is supposed to be a selling point but everyone is busy humping the same tracks over and over again.

It shouldn't take more than 10-15 laps of a 1:30-2:00 length track in practice to learn how to post a lap time within 10-15 seconds of pole in any car you're familiar with as long as you're willing to not push at maximum attack on every lap and settle for racing with people at the back of the grid.

I would buy it because...
(1) They've offered AC at a very reasonable price to start with.
(2) The DLC content has also been very inexpensive....(not complaining here).
(3) They continue to work to optimize it...so they too need a salary...just like the rest of us.
(4) It's a choice whether to buy it or not. A choice that won't affect your original game.

Yes another DLC would be a great news. I just hope for another quality laserscanned track and why not a F1 from the years 2000. Actually I don't understand why KUNOS doesn't export the F1 car they created for the Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 383 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years