Kunos teases Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

r8.jpg
Looks like Kunos Simulazioni may be gearing up for a third Assetto Corsa DLC. Kunos official Facebook page posted the following video with the "#dreampack3" hashtag. No official announcement or further details yet, but it's probably going to include a Lotus 25.

Additionally, the team published a screenshot of the Audi R8 Plus, which is apparently "incoming free bonus content". Certainly good news for fans of the Italian racing sim, which has steadily improved in the last couple of major updates.

Once again, there are no details about the R8 Plus roadcar, so we'll have to wait a little more. In the meantime, you can drive the R8 LMS Ultra which was included in the previous release, Dream Pack 2.

Would you buy another expansion pack for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some different series wouldn't hurt indeed…

And that’s why I’m hoping that Kunos add more cars to the existing ones (not GT cars): to create other "series" to race with. See my post I made yesterday. The GT3 guys now have quite a nice variety of cars to choose from, what about the other cars? If this won’t happen we’ll still see the same series over and over again in online MP.

And that’s why I’m hoping that Kunos add more cars to the existing ones (not GT cars): to create other "series" to race with. See my post I made yesterday. The GT3 guys now have quite a nice variety of cars to choose from, what about the other cars? If this won’t happen we’ll still see the same series over and over again in online MP.
True dat tho ;)

I would like to see more open top cars (they are unbelievably good using the Oculus Rift). Not bothered if race or road, but would prefer race. If road then maybe a few classics like the E-type or Stag.

Track wise I would like to see some of the smaller private tracks like Bathurst or Croft. This would work and be beneficial in a few ways.
Firstly by allowing people to race on their 'local to home' track (mine being Croft and Olivers Mount) which is possibly more realistic as its not just a dream track, secondly will bring a little revenue to these struggling tracks (via Kunos paying to use the rights, people wanting to have a track day there for real, or people just wanting to visit an event there).

If there was a track pack that included private smaller tracks I would jump all over it.

I can not enjoy this game 100% because of the sounds. They are awful. They really should improve them because I think that sounds are very important in a sim
Sound mods exist, some are not so good some are amazing, search and ye shal findeth.

Also fml, this game is getting amazing, historic Spa, c'mon now, RD Club race December 25th : GT1967 - GT40, Alfa Giulia. The joy is in the driving feel of this game, I could turn laps for a long time.

I can not enjoy this game 100% because of the sounds. They are awful. They really should improve them because I think that sounds are very important in a sim

Sounds indeed are not too impressive, but for most of the cars from new DLC2 sound is great, Kunos explained that they started to use a new method to record sounds and will eventually update all cars. Besides, play Gran Turismo for an hour, that will make you adore the sound in AC.

• Deleted member 130869

I would also like to see the ability of non-DLC buyers to join sessions with DLC-cars.

Ehh, I will buy the next dreampack mostly because they are cheap as heck and simply so that I have all the content, I mean I'm not exactly gonna die of starvation or lose my house by getting it so I got nothing to lose... ain't gonna stop myself from getting my hands on some quality stuff just to prove a point, there are other people that are way more willing to play the martyr so I'll leave them to their work. xD

But I will say that I'm not exactly excited by new cars anymore, the only cars thing that Kunos can do to excite me is if they release a dream pack with the early 2000's GT1 golden era of sexiness, I only say this because they already have licenses with Lambo, Ferrari and Chevy so why not get the Murcielago R-GT (the most eargasmic GT car ever made), the Ferrari 550/575 (they are some of the most beautiful cars in their BMS Scuderia Italia liveries esp. the 550), the Chevy C5R (big ol' lazy american v8 powered thingy) and Marco could do his usual magic and get a Maserati License as a christmas gift for the MC12 GT1 (all round wall poster material). Now that would be my personal dream pack car roster. And in my honest opinion they are sitting on a gold mine with those beasts, much better to drive than the boring GT3 cars and since 'driving' seems to be the top selling point for AC why not go for these relatively modern automotive monstrosities that take some skill to master. :p

Now that my lack of excitement for new cars is out of the way, time to move on to the tracks or the lack thereof. As many people pointed out previously tracks are lacking in AC. And the fact that they pigeonholed themselves by promising only Laser Scanned tracks has now grown into an issue. People got ultra butthurt about Zandvoort being a non LS product and flooded the forums with bile for days on end, could you even imagine what the backlash would be if they decide to roll out non LS versions of national treasures like Laguna Seca or Bathurst. I mean I might be bummed that they won't nearly be as great as they can be but I don't have a problem with it either because after driving on their version of Zandvoort I'm pretty certain they can atleast outsource their non LS work to people who know what they are doing. But when you think of it in another way, how many people would have skipped AC altogether if laser scanned tracks wasn't an advertised feature. So yes, both Kunos and the people who bought it for the sake of LS tracks made their bed and now they have to sleep in it. Scanned tracks cannot be pumped out at the same frequency as non scanned ones, that is how nature works. So either deal with it and wait or move on to other sims would be both valid solutions. :D

if they release a dream pack with the early 2000's GT1 golden era of sexiness, :D

The old days were the best days, agreed there, but these new GT3 cars all have different characters and are just a joy to drive. What we would need is game optimization with respect to longer races where BoP would actually take effect. In sprint races, on certain tracks the same cars would have the advantage imo. Regardless, the GT3 class is amazing to drive.

With regards to older racing series, although theoretically they might the ability to obtain that info, access might be another thing.

However this game is much more than Kunos' content, really talented ppl are producing quality mods with equal or better results than Kunos. The best use of Fmod for example is the Miata Mod, simply amazing sound.

I dont mind the content at all, they have quality licenses and execution so nothing to worry about there. However, as they've done, steadfast improvement to the sim's core is slowly starting to pay real dividends.

@Cristian Haba Indeed. The GT3 cars facilitate good racing which I'm all for. My most raced class online in any sim is GT3, iRacing McLaren rebel army represent *throwing wild gang signs in the air*. But I enjoy the racing aspect of the GT3 cars more than the driving aspect of them simply due to how forgiving they can be, but in turn the same forgiving nature means a more accessible car for rookies to compete with whlch makes big packs of similarly paced cars possible so it's no wonder they are the most popular class of cars in sim racing. In the GT1 races of our old GTR2 league a few fast dudes used to run off into the distance with no way for the rest of the pack to catch up and the rest of us scrubs just battled in the background, but simply due to the engaging nature of how hairy they are to drive you are always entertained and have fun. You didn't have to drive them at the car's limit like the GT3 cars to bring them to life, the GT1 thingies are entertaining even at the driver's limit.

But maybe that's because of the older sim which has an older physics model that made those cars so immersive when they could possibly be totally tame IRL or it's just plain rose tinted goggles. It'd still be glorious to have them in a modern title with nice care and faithful attention given to them. They just seem to be so woefully neglected and forgotten by the newer breed of titles that it breaks me a little inside. :)

I wasn't very interested when they teased dream pack 2. But when it came out the price was so low that I just had to buy it. I wish they do the same thing so I won't hesitate to buy their DLC again.
Reading this post makes me feel that people's tastes for cars in racing sims are vastly different.

Some want GT3 some want openwheeler some want prototypes. I like all of them. I also like road cars. They post the picture of a road version R8 and I like that. With lots of road cars I can easily tell my friends who are busy playing GT6, "Want to try some really nice to drive road cars in a different game?"

Reading this post makes me feel that people's tastes for cars in racing sims are vastly different.
That's more than likely why we're getting dream packs rather than something more specific like classic F1 packs, or DTM packs.

Kunos seem to have done their homework when it comes to people's gaming habits, so while they can't help but listen to the vocal minority, the statistics and sales are telling them something completely different.

They may not move onto very specific content like a race series pack until people completely lose interest in dream packs. It may also be something that they'll have to leave until after the console release. A classic F1 pack would need at least a good range of cars and tracks, if not the entire series of cars and tracks from a particular year. That's a lot of work.

• Deleted member 130869

They will keep mixing it up instead of making dedicated packs because of impulse buying, as shown by Steam.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 267 10.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 319 12.9%