Kunos teases Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

r8.jpg
Looks like Kunos Simulazioni may be gearing up for a third Assetto Corsa DLC. Kunos official Facebook page posted the following video with the "#dreampack3" hashtag. No official announcement or further details yet, but it's probably going to include a Lotus 25.

Additionally, the team published a screenshot of the Audi R8 Plus, which is apparently "incoming free bonus content". Certainly good news for fans of the Italian racing sim, which has steadily improved in the last couple of major updates.

Once again, there are no details about the R8 Plus roadcar, so we'll have to wait a little more. In the meantime, you can drive the R8 LMS Ultra which was included in the previous release, Dream Pack 2.

Would you buy another expansion pack for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will pay. Love the game, love the mod content... Would love to see a more involved career mode, pit stops etc., for the likes of people like me who haven't the confidence to race online and specifically not to ruin anyone else's race, but it is not a necessity. I have spent more hours playing this game than any other and my gaming tastes are varied. Would like to see better mp for those that like mp as this seems to be quite an important factor when it comes to race games.
If £7-10 every so often keeps the momentum moving forward with this game I have no issue with that. There seems to be a misconception that once a game has been paid for everything else should come for free. If I calculate money spent to hours played (and enjoyed), then I think it is money well spent. And a big thank you to the game creators for allowing mod content, most of which are free and some I have paid for all add to the longevity of AC.
THANKS.

"Would you buy another expansion pack for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments. "

Mmmm not yet. Haven't got anywhere near my money's worth with 1 and 2, would like to see better tracks and improved (much needed) core game updates than just another car package.

Pretty much my opinion too, and I feel the same about R3E. Neither of them will be getting much more of my money until they make some improvements to the core or introduce the much needed features we've all been whinging about for months and months, or at least tell us what their general plans are for these improvements/features. If I knew that in the next year or so we were going to see some of these improvements/features then I'd have no problem throwing money at them. But right now we don't really know what the plan is for either of these sims, and that makes me hesitant to continue spending money on them. I have faith in both dev teams, but it is starting to wear a bit.

Pretty much my opinion too, and I feel the same about R3E. Neither of them will be getting much more of my money until they make some improvements to the core or introduce the much needed features we've all been whinging about for months and months, or at least tell us what their general plans are for these improvements/features. If I knew that in the next year or so we were going to see some of these improvements/features then I'd have no problem throwing money at them. But right now we don't really know what the plan is for either of these sims, and that makes me hesitant to continue spending money on them. I have faith in both dev teams, but it is starting to wear a bit.
Agree 100% :thumbsup:

If we don't want them laserscanned, then there's no point as we have track modding.

That's a pretty narrowminded and flawed mindset in my opinion. Its more than possible to create some fantastic tracks without laser scanning. In fact if you want a historic track then they can't be laser scanned, unless Kunos has a time machine I'm not aware of.

If demanding laser scanning only ends up lowering the total number of quality tracks AC has when development ends then I am not a fan of the community's shifting pretensions.

Is not just about laserscan, the license by itself costs a lot. The fact that they don't have 30 LS tracks but about 15 is because of money. And that money would be for license and for staff. Currently there's only one main dev developing the tracks; maybe now they are using outsourcing for some of the next tracks, maybe for the classic ones.
But if they are to spend so much money on licensing and developing, why not laserscanning them. Well, LS can also cost a good amount of money, to rent the track for the LS Van and take photos.

So from my interpretation, I'm sure that laserscan requirement isn't the one holding back the amount of tracks in AC. But actual budget to license and hire staff for track development.

If we want to see more mod content being used online, then hiring someone for Steam Workshop implementation can be more useful, to give a better use to modding and without creating the need to make fictional or non-ls tracks.

Really enjoying racing AC since 1.3 update......Minorating has helped alot too.

Once a new dlc comes the lobbies come alive for a while and slow back down after a while.....whats lacking for me in content is tracks....i despise the nordschleife, always 3 or more servers pretty much full ....doing what?
Need a decent track pack(laserscanned or not) , AC has the best driving experience at the moment and lacking a better race experience ....
I would buy the next dream pack but won't be overly excited about it.

Although I appreciate that they are doing server tests to improve the netcode, I sincerely hope that they don't get themselves way too trapped in the technical stuffs, and the "to improve multiplayer experience" is not just the netcode. I like Kunos being geek and focus really hard on simulation, on tire physics, and network programming, but I really hope they also find fun in coding something else. Such as timed race, better pitstop, etc.

Didn't they resurface the loop at Monza sometime since the turn of the millenium?

I honestly also don't see the point of licensing so many names. Imitations are fine with me if its not laser scanned. I enjoy Bologna Historic in SCE more than most of the official tracks in AC and Reiza's Kansai is a masterpiece.

I've never been that bothered by official badges to be frank. To me its just like a designer label. If it drives properly that's all that matters. If anything variety of tracks to me is more important than variety of cars, though fewer GT3s in the future would be nice. How about an LMP eh?

Didn't they resurface the loop at Monza sometime since the turn of the millenium?

I honestly also don't see the point of licensing so many names. Imitations are fine with me if its not laser scanned. I enjoy Bologna Historic in SCE more than most of the official tracks in AC and Reiza's Kansai is a masterpiece.

I've never been that bothered by official badges to be frank. To me its just like a designer label. If it drives properly that's all that matters. If anything variety of tracks to me is more important than variety of cars, though fewer GT3s in the future would be nice. How about an LMP eh?
We can resume this discussion like where some people prefer pro evolution soccer, and others fifa. I personally prefer fifa because of the career, licensing, and gameplay. But maybe if I wouldn't like their gameplay I wouldn't care as much for the rest.

I tried to like Bologna Historic, but modern Imola from AC feels too right for me and I genuinely like its flow of the corners and the road physical form. And I like SCE's Kansai, but so far I haven't tried a laserscanned Suzuka. The laserscan helps to get all the forms, but then the post processing of how the physical road is built upon laserscan is greatly important too.

How dare you? There can't be enough GT3 :o

I know……there are a lot of people these days who like these cars. Just look at the most popular online servers everywhere: it’s GT3. Blancpain Series in Iracing? Most successful series. Go online in AC, PCars, R3E, what will you find? GT3. Personally I’m bored of GT3. These cars are not interesting, they feel dull and quite lifeless. I’m more the guy who prefers cars with character, especially old (race) cars. Though I must admit that I drive GT3 cars online…just because the other servers are not that populated. :roflmao: The GT3sation of the simracingworld.

I know……there are a lot of people these days who like these cars. Just look at the most popular online servers everywhere: it’s GT3. Blancpain Series in Iracing? Most successful series. Go online in AC, PCars, R3E, what will you find? GT3. Personally I’m bored of GT3. These cars are not interesting, they feel dull and quite lifeless. I’m more the guy who prefers cars with character, especially old (race) cars. Though I must admit that I drive GT3 cars online…just because the other servers are not that populated. :roflmao: The GT3sation of the simracingworld.
Some different series wouldn't hurt indeed, but as long as they don't give different series, GT3 all the way! :p
I was hoping for the RUF to be a Cupcar tho, maybe next DLC they come with cup cars of those

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%