General Kunos shuts down modding section of official forums

BTW the title is still misleading, the general modding section, and thus modding support will stay, hopefully in a more focused way to specific issues and questions as fewer resources will be required to be the "mod police". Any speculation looking for a "deeper meaning" is laughable.

How many mods had to be removed in the last months?

Also, why don't you include the sounds subforum? You also need "mod police" there.

I watch the tracks forum pretty close and don't recall any recently that have been locked due to ripped content. I do think it has more to do with the flood of WIP threads. There is on guy who will flood the entire track forum with 20+ WIP threads at once making almost everything go to page 2 in a flash.

I watch the tracks forum pretty close and don't recall any recently that have been locked due to ripped content. I do think it has more to do with the flood of WIP threads. There is on guy who will flood the entire track forum with 20+ WIP threads at once making almost everything go to page 2 in a flash.

That has an easy solution though.

BTW the title is still misleading, the general modding section, and thus modding support will stay, hopefully in a more focused way to specific issues and questions as fewer resources will be required to be the "mod police". Any speculation looking for a "deeper meaning" is laughable.
now i can understand if you guys dont want to tell us but i imagine its some sort of legal issue for whatever reason, its way too out of character for kunos to just say its because of converts. Its too late into the game for you guys to paradigm shift the whole thing because of a few converts so i simply refuse to believe that its something small

There are some fantastic WIP mods that are close to being finished (like Patrik's 962C). I hope this doesn't affect those to where they say screw it and don't release them.

Also, why don't you include the sounds subforum? You also need "mod police" there.

The amount of mods being removed does not reflect the amount of reports or complaints we receive.

As for your other question, I do not know.

Modding is very important, among other things the community-sourced content we have, I wish there was an easy way to keep everyone happy.

If "the mod section wasn't used for its intended purposes, and people were abusing it" is the genuine motive to shut the whole thing down, then surely enrolling a couple of extra moderators would be the most logical solution no?

Can't wait to see how good the modding support will become from now on :rolleyes:

As a long-time vocal supporter of AC this move just sounds like Get the feck outta here. We don't need you anymore kind of thing.

Can't wait for the upcoming sheitstorm and nose-dive of the modding scene. The decision would've been OK if they'd have any alternative solution already available other than go share your "20 pages of unfinished stuff that has no purpose other than ego" on "another place on the internet."

I don't understand this at all.

rF2 has modding section and so do other games.

This doesn't sound like someone came after them legally.

To me it seems they are trying to clean up and be taken seriously as company not as some shell game with modding support.

Their reasoning is that the forums always were "support forums" - after THREE years of modding discussion they decided to close the modding section. They even added some mods to the base game, I don't believe them.

There are some fantastic WIP mods that are close to being finished (like Patrik's 962C). I hope this doesn't affect those to where they say screw it and don't release them.

But why would they? Let's be objective. Will the modders have a place to show off their work? Yes, among others on this site, which is also designed for that. Will modding be banned on the official forums? No, every modder can still discuss their issues on the official forums, where they can also interact with the devs.

It's also interesting how negative comments are made by people who are (were) doing physics modding, and that section is not going anywhere.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%