Kunos Next Steps

Kunos...you've killed it with AC. It's phenomenal and keeps getting better. The v10 model is getting better each time. Championship mode...fantastic.

I would like to suggest the next two areas for focus are:
1) Sound. R3E has the best sound in the biz right now. It's sounds dirty and raw and rough....all the visceral things you need from race cars. Let's find a way to dirty up the sounds a bit.
2) Tracks. The limited number of tracks is tough right now. Lot of third party content out there, but we just need more tracks.

What to the other RD members think? What's next?

If I'm to dream give me Rainbow Road with 24 slots + the local rent go-karts available at Vallelunga and I'll do this years Race of Champions there. PRONTO I SAID IT.

But in reality, it'd be nice to see:

Aston Martin (if option A "Bentley" isn't coming, go to option B) + Another US track (Sebring or Road America) and an European track (I put my money on Paul Ricard or Misano, Maranello's track is nearly a certainty in the Ferrari 70 Years pack)

I know it has been discounted, but night racing. Driver swaps would also make this an amazing endurance sim. Improved AI and the ability to choose which liveries the AI run means you could make championship livery packs.
Night racing with headlights would be really cool in AC, to have alternatives to day driving/racing. Hopefully a 24h cycle, so not just static night.

In Championship mode you can choose each AI car per livery, so use this to race instead of quick race/weekend in case it matters choosing the AI liveries. If not, the other race modes work as before.

I think Kunos has already said their current engine won't support headlights at night but I like the idea.

I posted this in Kunos forum too, but i'd also like to see:

-rubber bits on the track. Don't care if it doesn't affect grip. Just the visual
-rubber bits on the windscreen

There are a few things that I would like to see as part of the wishlist type "begging", however a few things like fixing the multiplayer leaderboard would be top of my list. People leave the server then the leaderboard seems to break or display people in the wrong manner, people are split over two pages however there is only like 7 people in the server for example. Another bug I saw recently again is that the start lights never appear before a race start. These are things which need fixing before any further "features" in my humble opinion. Again on the leaderboard, it needs to be displayed after a race is over to give the finishing postions, even if only for 5-10 seconds (which you could skip etc). I know there was a change on this recently so it might already be in, however I can't remember, I dont think this is currently the case.

The most practical request I can think of is some multiplayer server code to support sharing cars - main intention being to allow driver swaps, but also for spectating purposes or whatever else people can come up with.

Not sure exactly how it would work from a client pov when you're not in control of the car, maybe just grey out the "drive" button until the other driver pulls it into the pits. Downside of doing it that way is no access to apps while spectating, I think camera hotkeys still work. Even making it relatively manual like that would be huge for enduro.

Serverside scripted control of race results for the same reason - if you want to straight up show multiclass positions, or give funky penalties, or run timed races, you could do it if the server could modify peoples' lapcounts/best lap/laps remaining.

What features / game elements to people still crave for in AC?

Timed races. Two race format with reverse grid for second race (online and offline). Option to force pitstops/tire change in shorter races (online and offline). A flag system that isn't just cosmetic. Rolling starts (definitely online, believe Stefano said it's too hard to teach the AI to do it). Manual pit speed limiter. Formation lap. Cool down lap. Able to select livery in online pickup races (apparently not happening). An option to select your car number would be awesome, but apparently not really possible with the current structure. Accelerated dynamic time for online races. Would love to be able to set a race format online where practice happens in the morning, qualifying at early afternoon, race at late afternoon/early evening so you feel like the day is progressing and the track conditions evolve/change throughout the session.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 99 14.0%