Kunos Next Steps

Kunos...you've killed it with AC. It's phenomenal and keeps getting better. The v10 model is getting better each time. Championship mode...fantastic.

I would like to suggest the next two areas for focus are:
1) Sound. R3E has the best sound in the biz right now. It's sounds dirty and raw and rough....all the visceral things you need from race cars. Let's find a way to dirty up the sounds a bit.
2) Tracks. The limited number of tracks is tough right now. Lot of third party content out there, but we just need more tracks.

What to the other RD members think? What's next?

Step 1: Get those private lobbies and official leaderboards going. I'm not a big online player but I know how critical private lobbies are, and leaderboards are just great fun for everyone.

Step 1a: Throw some major effort at the A.I. as I think it may be broken right now (check assettocorsa.net forums)

Step 2: Use those 505 resources to grind away at the most glaring console complaints, as it is likely that Kunos has tied their future to console success. (I could be wrong there and would love to stand corrected)

Step 3: Tracks, tracks, tracks. Sebring, Mid-Ohio, Ascari, and Bathurst please. :D

Step 4: Dump the cash into an empty pool, invite a few of those stunning italian women over and go swimming.

:laugh:

For tracks, i'd love to see:
-road atlanta
-mid ohio
-Interlagos
-macau
My track proposal (US) :
Sebring
Road America
Mid - Ohio
LimeRock Park
Laguna Seca

You guys forgot Watkins Glen, Riverside and, if you are discussing tracks that don't have the official Assetto Corsa Blessing, Bridgehampton. All very good US tracks.

But then, almost all the tracks listed above do exist, just not as AC approved content. True, some of them need work. The Watkins Glen track that is out there does have a number of issues that need repair. The LimeRock track could use a little sprucing up. I've raced a lot on the Bridgehampton, Riverside and Road America tracks and find all to be VERY good and pretty much ready for market.

How about Le mans, both a pre-chicane (I guess 1965 version) and a current version.

Please don't tell AC that we have enough cars!

Mid to late 70's F1 cars? F1 has BARELY been scratched.

How about more Can-Am cars, like the McLaren M-8 and the whole series of Jim Hall's Chevy Chaparrals?

Endurance racers like the Ferrari 512 M or S, the Alfa T-33, the Lola T-70 Coupe and all the Matras?

Yeah, there's a LOT of cars we still need.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Mid to late 70's F1 cars? F1 has BARELY been scratched.

How about more Can-Am cars, like the McLaren M-8 and the whole series of Jim Hall's Chevy Chaparrals?

Endurance racers like the Alfa T-33, the Lola T-70 and all the Matras?

Yeah, there's a LOT of cars we still need.

You said Chaparral :x3::geek:

You said Chaparral :x3::geek:

Some of the best looking cars that ever graced a race track. Not just Can-Am either. I've looked and looked and I don't think anybody has ever done them.

If memory serves me correctly, those Chaparrals raced on and won at every one of the US tracks that have been mentioned above. They raced at Le Mans too.

As I think on it, the 7 or 8 Chaparrals that were built combined with some of the tracks mentioned above would make a GREAT Dream Pac.

Last edited:
They need more DLC's so they can fund themselves another year or two of AC support.

With every DLC they keep refining/adding more features to core game. This year they had 6 DLC's.

If in 2017 they have another 5-6 DLC's it will be glorious 2017 for AC.

Things I hope change in 2017 ;
AI improvements/fixes.....timed races....

Far reaching hope that this happens; engine stalling/start....multiclass racing....safety car?....league racing enhancements....

They need more DLC's so they can fund themselves another year or two of AC support.

With every DLC they keep refining/adding more features to core game. This year they had 6 DLC's.

If in 2017 they have another 5-6 DLC's it will be glorious 2017 for AC.

Things I hope change in 2017 ;
AI improvements/fixes.....timed races....

Far reaching hope that this happens; engine stalling/start....multiclass racing....safety car?....league racing enhancements....
Console release was a disaster, all they can afford to do is release the licensed content as DLC for any kind of future funds.

Console release was a disaster, all they can afford to do is release the licensed content as DLC for any kind of future funds.

Console part is done by 505 games. They don't have control over that like they do with AC PC version. Simple small patch/bug fix for xbox or ps4 takes month just to get approval.

Also according to Vga charts they only sold 80,000 copies of AC for console (60K for PS4, 20K for xbox one) compared to almost 400K on steam.

That is why I hope they repeat PC dlc success next year.

We need it so core game keeps improving.

Yeah, i'm gonna amend my request to include AI improvements. bk81 has it right in my opinion.

The AI is so much better in rFactor2 and RaceRoom for example. I would really like to see an improvement here.

Console part is done by 505 games. They don't have control over that like they do with AC PC version. Simple small patch/bug fix for xbox or ps4 takes month just to get approval.

Also according to Vga charts they only sold 80,000 copies of AC for console (60K for PS4, 20K for xbox one) compared to almost 400K on steam.

That is why I hope they repeat PC dlc success next year.

We need it so core game keeps improving.
no matter how hard they try with consoles, they will never revive the game on consoles.

Including some fictional racing tracks would be also a good way to keep the tracks count growing. (just think about Blackwood, the famous fictional track from another title)

Fictional tracks are great, i still play LFS partly because it has great tracks that no other sim has. I don't like Blackwood in AC though, it just isn't right.... Also, having a name of a different sim plastered over a track in another sim makes no sense.

Kunos...you've killed it with AC. It's phenomenal and keeps getting better. The v10 model is getting better each time. Championship mode...fantastic.

I would like to suggest the next two areas for focus are:
1) Sound. R3E has the best sound in the biz right now. It's sounds dirty and raw and rough....all the visceral things you need from race cars. Let's find a way to dirty up the sounds a bit.
2) Tracks. The limited number of tracks is tough right now. Lot of third party content out there, but we just need more tracks.

What to the other RD members think? What's next?
Agree wit the above + better VR support.

What I'd do is aim to fill in the gaps in series. I'd look at Blancpain and ELMS for example, and then start trying to fill in the gaps to allow us to go back to an old school racing game/sim where you could simulate full seasons.

Blancpain Tracks Missing:
Paul Ricard

Blancpain Cars Missing:
Audi R8 LMS (but the old one will do)
BMW M6 (but we could run the Z4)
Bentley Continental
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Emil Frey Jaguar (probably best to avoid this one since they have a new project coming).

So with just 2 extra cars and 1 extra track, you could do a pretty good representation of the Blancpain Endurance/Sprint Series. That seems like a good deal to me.

So if it were up to me, we'd finish off the BES/BSS series and then start looking at LMP2s and Sebring/Daytona/Le Mans. :D

What I'd do is aim to fill in the gaps in series. I'd look at Blancpain and ELMS for example, and then start trying to fill in the gaps to allow us to go back to an old school racing game/sim where you could simulate full seasons.

Paul Ricard

Blancpain Cars Missing:
Bentley Continental
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Emil Frey Jaguar (probably best to avoid this one since they have a new project coming).

So with just 2 extra cars and 1 extra track, you could do a pretty good representation of the Blancpain Endurance/Sprint Series. That seems like a good deal to me.

So if it were up to me, we'd finish off the BES/BSS series and then start looking at LMP2s and Sebring/Daytona/Le Mans. :D

Developers in dev stream have already stated that some of the licenses you've mentioned are either too expensive OR did not get a reply at all for their request.

Paul Ricard

Blancpain Cars Missing:
Bentley Continental
Aston Martin V12 Vantage

The Audi is coming but the Bentley isn't happening for whatever reason which is sad. I really wanted another FR GT3 car.

I am aware that certainly things have been discounted, may be too expensive, may be impossible etc. But this thread is essentially a wishlist thread, so that's my wishlist. Since we know the developers read and post on this forum, it's good for them to see what people think too. Too often there are many negative opinions get posted, and not enough positive or constructive comments (The Porsche DLC thread has 90% approval, despite the complaints in the thread). So I think it's all worth us posting what we actually want, in a constuctive way, and if possible, reasons why, even if it hasn't been possible to get these vehicles/tracks/features in the past.

It's good for developers to see what the community actually wants, and why. So ok we might not get a Bentley, and it might've been said that the license is too expensive. That's a shame, and I accept that. But I still want it, and I'm still going to put it on every wish list too. Same with LMP1, LMP2, Le Mans and night racing. It might never come to AC, and that is sad, but I do understand why. But circumstances might change, and the developers should know there is demand for this stuff should that arise. They're smart sensible people, and they know it isn't complaining.

So with this, my ideal wishlist for Assetto Corsa, should the stars align -

ORECA and Ligier LMP2s, Le Mans 24 circuit. - that'd be enough for a good LMS/ELMS run
Audi R8 LMS, Bentley Continental, Paul Ricard - that'd be enough for Blancpain
Mazda and Caddy DPi, Daytona, Road Atlanta and Sebring - that'd be enough for a good IMSA approximation

That'd be make an overly happy man. It might never happen, in fact it probably won't. But wishlists should always be ideal circumstances. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing even more fictional road tracks. The upcoming Scotland one looks great. I don't think it takes anything away from the laser scanned tracks to have fictional roads alongside them.

It was always going to be a hard sell on console, but it could be a slow burner with more sales to come. The DLC that keep coming out will keep it relevant for a while yet.

In terms of made up tracks I'm not overly fond of the BCC track, its not bad but to me is not that enjoyable i hope the Scottish one is better. I don't care if laser scanned but still need to be good quality. I worry more about the gfx engine with paper trees & low poly that seem worse in tracks like Trento Bondone.
Seeing as this is a wish list any of these would be gratefully received.
Snetterton,
Raupuna Park,
Road America,
Cadwell,
Brno,
Sonoma,
Sebring,
Bathurst,
Oulton Park,
Zolder,
Oschersleben
Hockenheim.
Interlagos
Macau
Suzuka
Sepang
Donnington

What features / game elements to people still crave for in AC?

I know it has been discounted, but night racing. Driver swaps would also make this an amazing endurance sim. Improved AI and the ability to choose which liveries the AI run means you could make championship livery packs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 277 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.5%