Kunos Next Steps

Kunos...you've killed it with AC. It's phenomenal and keeps getting better. The v10 model is getting better each time. Championship mode...fantastic.

I would like to suggest the next two areas for focus are:
1) Sound. R3E has the best sound in the biz right now. It's sounds dirty and raw and rough....all the visceral things you need from race cars. Let's find a way to dirty up the sounds a bit.
2) Tracks. The limited number of tracks is tough right now. Lot of third party content out there, but we just need more tracks.

What to the other RD members think? What's next?

i dont think it is realistic to expect them to improve sounds per car .. they might at least improve digital car-like noise comming from engine under 2000 rpm ... byt they are clearly getting better with new content and changes to sound engine too ..
Tracks .. yes .. we need more tracks. There is a good chance that from those 12 race tracks (with more variations) you won`t like 3 or 4 and than 8-9 good ones is just not enough. Tracks should complement the car park in game ..

More US tracks and road courses in general with some multiplayer refinement and it's gg.

We need an in-built crewchief that can let people on outlaps/invalid laps know when to move over for people doing hotlaps. Better penalty system and the option to ghost those that crash or lose control before they hit others. Just make it an option so the server admin can decide if they want it or not.

Last edited:
2008 car set? I'm with ya on bathurst and v8.....but why 2008?

Becuase I liked the cars in 2008.....

Also Greg Murphy

To eloborate on that a little futher, A very good long time friend of mine was building the race engines for Greg Murphy at the time (he now works at Triple 8 in Brisbane)

Last edited:
No, thanks. I don't want them to go down the Project Cars route and just abandon the existing game. With all the content we have in AC now, I'd love them to put at least one more year into the game and flesh it out. Still has some quirks, but so much potential to be a timeless classic of simracing.

No, thanks. I don't want them to go down the Project Cars road and just abandon the existing game. With all the content we have in AC now, I'd love them to put at least one more year into the game and flesh it out. Still has some quirks, but so much potential to be a timeless classic of simracing.
Still preproducion phase could be already running for that one year, even some production part ... it probably is the case in some form .. whether offcialy or unofficialy ... anyway they are just launching it on consoles so they can just abandon it before it is finnished (well they can but you know what I mean .. )

Remember that t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶*̶l̶o̶t̶*̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶s̶.̶ W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶3̶D̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶(̶L̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶9̶1̶7̶/̶3̶0̶)̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶u̶f̶a̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶r̶.̶ P̶l̶u̶s̶ track licenses and laser scanning are expensive. They're currently working at least on Laguna Seca and a fictional italian mountain road which was requirement for the Porsche and Maserati deal. Both Porsche and Console launch took them more work than expected, let's see what they can do once that's done

EDIT: was misinformed

Last edited:
Remember that tracks require a *lot* more work than cars. With cars, they can buy 3D model from modders (Like with 917/30) or get from Manufacturer. Plus track licenses and laser scanning are expensive. They're currently working at least on Laguna Seca and a fictional italian mountain road which was requirement for the Porsche and Maserati deal. Both Porsche and Console launch took them more work than expected, let's see what they can do once that's done

What you said about cars is quite misinformed, we never received models from any manufacturers and even the best mods require several weeks of extra work, the 917/30 was built by an artist who had already been working for us, and although it was started as a mod, almost half of the car's development was done as "contract work", built to also meet official AC requirements.

On the whole, producing a track (unless it's the Nürburgring) does not take a whole lot of time more than a car, the principal difference is that there are more cars in development at the same time, whereas tracks are made one by one in a linear fashion. Track licences and laser scanning are indeed expensive though.

I wish they'd use and polish some good quality 3rd party non-laser-scanned tracks. To me, Zandvoort does not represent a lower value than any other laser-scanned track. I know, that the licensing part is present in this way too.

Including some fictional racing tracks would be also a good way to keep the tracks count growing. (just think about Blackwood, the famous fictional track from another title)

I hope they get around to fixing the H pattern down-change animation; it looks daft for the hand to go back to the wheel between every gearchange on the classic cars.
F1 2013 managed to animate a delay on multiple downshifts that resembled an actual classic F1 car going down through the gears, and that was on PS3, so it can be done.

• Deleted member 130869

On the whole, producing a track (unless it's the Nürburgring) does not take a whole lot of time more than a car, the principal difference is that there are more cars in development at the same time, whereas tracks are made one by one in a linear fashion. Track licences and laser scanning are indeed expensive though.

What if someone can provide a laser scan of Isle of Mann? :sneaky:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing