Kunos have done amazing job with AC

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Just a few thoughts about AC now when Project Cars is out (cause I feel boring and have nothing better to do:D).

First of all, this isn't about which one is better. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.:thumbsup:

But Project Cars made me realize what amazing game Kunos have done. Sometimes we have been too harsh to Kunos and haven't realize what a master piece they have done with such a small team. Yes, there are things that need improvements a lot, but also those other sims need improvements as well. I just have noticed that many people have sometimes unfair expectations and demands about AC. Tiniest errors and mistakes regardin how cars behaves in real world vs game or how AC looks comparing real locations get a huge **** storm:confused:( not always but too often). I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour with other games, at least not so much.

Following comparison about these two games is only my own opinion. ( you never can't underline too much this in sim community:laugh:)

After playing both of these games I realize AC has awesome Graphics and feel of reality when you drive. I really thought PC will win clearly on this aspect based on YouTube videos. But no, there is something that's not right. It looks gameish, not so clear and crisp I thought. Especially when you look in to the distance. Scaling the environment is another thing. World dimensions feels more real in AC to me. Though PC has more alive environment, with all those spectators, flags, helicopters, leafs and so on. And this is only in my Computer, I don't care if it looks different in some high end pc cause I don't have one;)

Comparing FFB is pointless because there is as many opinions as there is sim racers. It's propably a draw:). About user interface and all the setting I say only this: Less is more:thumbsup:

It could be that I'm just so used to AC and it need some time to feel comfortable in PC. I just really hope these both games have great future here in Racedepartment ,and not so that everybody plays only one of those.
Maybe I afraid just a little bit my competitiveness if most of the people moves to PC:p. I'm pretty good at the moment in AC and my fear is that in PC you can find a way to be unrealistically fast. In AC It's all about how good driver you are, not how well you can exploit game physics.

Ps. I don't know if I should have write this in a existing thread so feel free to move it if necessary.

Last edited:
PC's helmet cam ... nice gimmick for youTube vids but an absolute mess in my opinion.
It's me to decide on which part of the screen i want to focus.
Helmet cam pretty much denies you access to the dashboard, which is borderline stupuid.

SMS not ensuring that FFB is at least at an acceptable level for the most used steering wheels is what costs them lots of reputation. Although AC is lacking a hell lot, atleast i can plug my G27 in and instantly get enough feedback from the game to get a feeling for the cars and tracks.

PC's helmet cam ... nice gimmick for youTube vids but an absolute mess in my opinion.
It's me to decide on which part of the screen i want to focus.
Helmet cam pretty much denies you access to the dashboard, which is borderline stupuid.

If you are talking about the blur effect, just set Helmet DOF to No in the settings. You can also remove the helmet altogether.

upload_2015-5-16_21-36-33.png

Just gone back to Assetto having a week off playing project cars. My head is split. Just had a really good race at Spa and cars now seem more difficult to drive. There is equal love for them both as they both have different strengths and weaknesses. Every sim racer should have both to get the best of both. I'm not going into a breakdown of particulars because we all know what's what. Just feels like I've just put a pair of comfy old slippers back on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back