Kunos have done amazing job with AC

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Just a few thoughts about AC now when Project Cars is out (cause I feel boring and have nothing better to do:D).

First of all, this isn't about which one is better. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.:thumbsup:

But Project Cars made me realize what amazing game Kunos have done. Sometimes we have been too harsh to Kunos and haven't realize what a master piece they have done with such a small team. Yes, there are things that need improvements a lot, but also those other sims need improvements as well. I just have noticed that many people have sometimes unfair expectations and demands about AC. Tiniest errors and mistakes regardin how cars behaves in real world vs game or how AC looks comparing real locations get a huge **** storm:confused:( not always but too often). I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour with other games, at least not so much.

Following comparison about these two games is only my own opinion. ( you never can't underline too much this in sim community:laugh:)

After playing both of these games I realize AC has awesome Graphics and feel of reality when you drive. I really thought PC will win clearly on this aspect based on YouTube videos. But no, there is something that's not right. It looks gameish, not so clear and crisp I thought. Especially when you look in to the distance. Scaling the environment is another thing. World dimensions feels more real in AC to me. Though PC has more alive environment, with all those spectators, flags, helicopters, leafs and so on. And this is only in my Computer, I don't care if it looks different in some high end pc cause I don't have one;)

Comparing FFB is pointless because there is as many opinions as there is sim racers. It's propably a draw:). About user interface and all the setting I say only this: Less is more:thumbsup:

It could be that I'm just so used to AC and it need some time to feel comfortable in PC. I just really hope these both games have great future here in Racedepartment ,and not so that everybody plays only one of those.
Maybe I afraid just a little bit my competitiveness if most of the people moves to PC:p. I'm pretty good at the moment in AC and my fear is that in PC you can find a way to be unrealistically fast. In AC It's all about how good driver you are, not how well you can exploit game physics.

Ps. I don't know if I should have write this in a existing thread so feel free to move it if necessary.

Last edited:
Any reviews of how feel in AC compares to rF2? Just got the demo yesterday but it only has 2 cars. Played the F1 mostly but not too sure yet with my current FFB settings.

Having driven both AC and rF2 extensively I can say that AC is simply no match - at all - to rF2 physics wise, or ffb wise for that matter. Those two aspects are completely connected, so you really can't have one without the other.

rF2 uses the direct raw forces (nothing is canned/"faked") straight from the physics, while AC uses a lot of "faked" forces, or slightly altered forces, which gives it that sloppy, disconnected feeling. The exaggerated self aligning torque in AC's ffb gives it that "heavy nice feel" that so many seem to enjoy, even though it doesn't have anything to do with reality.

If you're interested in "feel" over "looks", rF2 is the sim to drive.

weather effects? Exactly, is just weather effects that basically don't do anything to the handling. Wet track and dry track is the same stuff, only a bit less lateral grip.
Collision free racing.. you must be kidding me.

All the weather effects are just gimmicks because of consoles. Is for the wow effect. But really leaves to desire on what you'd expect from a realism driving experience.

Well, at least pCARS has weather that does have some effect on the racing... and it has 24h cycle... and pit stops... and rules... Oh, and some proper force feedback options.

So even though it's "just a console game" it still gets things right that Kunos haven't yet managed to get right. Something to think about. :)

Oh, and some proper force feedback options.
It's too customizable to the point that you have to take shots in the dark at settings. What would have worked better would have been an in depth FFB wizzard to run you through the menu.

While you are completely correct in saying that AC is missing the overall immersion that weather and day/night cycle provide (never realised how much I missed that aspect of GT racing until I tried it) the proper force feedback is not up to par, and with regards to AC it's in a lower league. First we will overlook the fact that some cars behave differently FFB and physics wise than others (read some are better some worse with the same settings), AC's FFB was almost perfect after 5-10 mins of calibration by me alone without aid from seasoned players of the game.

Further with AC I am able to realize 4 distinct tire surfaces interacting with the track something that I cannot yet do in PCars (including brakes locking up which I cannot at this moment dial into the FFB in Pcars).

It seems as a lot of users are having different experiences with diff sims, and it could quite simply be down to proper calibration of various settings/parameters. I joined AC at v0.9 i think so the game was quite far along then and as such had more time with the game to customize it to what I feel best suits me.

AC is more visceral in appealing to my driving experience, where PCars lacks in "realism/physics" it more than makes up in the immersion aspect of motorsport.

Today I tested 3 different simulators, R3E, AC and GTR Evolution. The most driveable sim was GTR Evolution. The reason is that you can really feel the car weight, front tyre grip and G-forces as well as the wheel can do that. It was and it is the best sim ever.

Funny, I always hated how it feels. Almost like a train simulator. And how much time I spent tweaking FFB and was never satisfied...

Yes, AC has still lots of things unfinished but it's miles better. Nice trolling, but next time try harder.

All I conclude from the 3 sims ( ? ) .... why I say 3 ? because RF2 is the only one to make it different. ....

Stupid automatic limiter, stupid penalty system, stupid because it's not lack of imagination: that's just a way of only preparing a hotlap system: the non valid lap is just for hotlap and nothing else !
Why not free pitlimiter or 1st gear not visible at start in AC ... because they refuse ( or are not able ??? ) to apply a normal old and still living system of penalty: warning, penalty and disqualification if penalty not taken ! ..... there is no alternative ... but rather than copy the past, they have nothing else to propose ( of course ! ... most of people just do what they have to do logically after being forced to pay a penalty or reading in rules that a penalty has to be paid ). ....

True in real race and true also in simracing.

Most new sims lack something complete as GTR2 or Rfacfor are/were. .... except maybe if all developpers should work hand in hand. ... utopy of course. :D
NB: why do these 2 old sims keep many fans after so many years ? .... the answer seems obvious .... the new ones are just better graphical games ... that's nearly all ... they are using the profits of new informatic possibilities ....

Well, at least pCARS has weather that does have some effect on the racing... and it has 24h cycle... and pit stops... and rules...
What do you mean with 24h circle ? AC has 24h day<->night [or up to evening, still not tested if nighttime is possible to set up, haha ;) (would be too dark to drive / to match corners in AC anyway)] circle as well.
When you start a session at daytime e.g. 14h and drive drive some hours, the daylight, casted shadows,.. will change gradually "every minute" in AC.

Why would i make a car undriveable to feel "real" ??? a car should feel real with well designed setups/physics.

"Real" is a setting in the options menu when it comes to driving aids. "Real" is referred to if the car has driving aids IRL. As people are complaining that the cars have too much grip, I was just pointing out a way of changing that...I am not saying it feels real.

Oke, pCARS installed, first laps done!!! After the wheel calibrated and game settings done I did few laps on Nordschleife with Ariel Atom 500 V8.

Cannot find anything Arcade from this sim, it feels like a real car, just like GTR Evolution but this is much better with awesome graphics. The track, IT LOOKS SO REAL AND IT FEELS THAT YOU ARE ON THE REAL NORDS, SO AWESOME DETAILS AND GRAPHICS!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANY SIMULATOR OFFERS THIS FEELINGS!!! Simbin's GTR was the first good sim and was awesome 10 years ago, but it was still arcade, GTR2 was the first good simulator, then GTR Evolution was the best ever all over the years before this project CARS!!! IT'S LIKE A DRIVING A REAL CAR!!!

project CARS starts the new ERA of Simracing history, thank you so much...after this I dont ever touch AC again, ever!!! I will check how AC Nords look after this but that's all...forget AC, project CARS is here!!!

Note!! be patient with settings and with wheel calibration, the price is huge after all is done!!!

Oke, pCARS installed, first laps done!!! After the wheel calibrated and game settings done I did few laps on Nordschleife with Ariel Atom 500 V8.

Cannot find anything Arcade from this sim, it feels like a real car, just like GTR Evolution but this is much better with awesome graphics. The track, IT LOOKS SO REAL AND IT FEELS THAT YOU ARE ON THE REAL NORDS, SO AWESOME DETAILS AND GRAPHICS!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANY SIMULATOR OFFERS THIS FEELINGS!!! Simbin's GTR was the first good sim and was awesome 10 years ago, but it was still arcade, GTR2 was the first good simulator, then GTR Evolution was the best ever all over the years before this project CARS!!! IT'S LIKE A DRIVING A REAL CAR!!!

project CARS starts the new ERA of Simracing history, thank you so much...after this I dont ever touch AC again, ever!!! I will check how AC Nords look after this but that's all...forget AC, project CARS is here!!!

Note!! be patient with settings and with wheel calibration, the price is huge after all is done!!!

Glad it works for you but wrong Forum/Thread.

Spent the weekend on PCars - after doing some research and extensive tweaking to get the FFB to an acceptable level. Made my way through Formula Ford, Formula Gulf, C, B etc. Spent quite a bit of time with the road cars as well - I think they handle a bit better. But besides the extensive career options, I don't see myself coming back to the game a month down the line, 6 months, 12, etc. Unless it's to check out new updates. I simply do not find the game's driving model compelling whatsoever.

Booting up AC after a long stint on PCars is a revelatory experience. AC FFB is truly the best out there. And the car behavior in general is vastly preferable for me. 500+ hours in AC and no sign of slowing down - it will continue to be my go-to driving experience, and checking out the competition has really put into perspective what an incredible piece of software AC really is.

edit: I don't dislike PCars at all - I actually love the massive career mode. I just don't know if it has the depth necessary to keep me coming back indefinitely like AC, RF2, GSC.

Last edited:
I don't need to compare with the great AC but: -
tried PC over weekend, definitely not as bad as that tl;dr blog tries to say. some cars seem better than others; LMP was quite believable, quite enjoyed that. open-wheeler not so much. it is certainly easier to drive than AC. hopefully there will be some extensive revisions to the game to improve it.

I don't need to compare with the great AC but: -
tried PC over weekend, definitely not as bad as that tl;dr blog tries to say. some cars seem better than others; LMP was quite believable, quite enjoyed that. open-wheeler not so much. it is certainly easier to drive than AC. hopefully there will be some extensive revisions to the game to improve it.
For me AC is just too slippery without any grip, cannot find any good words for it, so sorry.

But project CARS was very nice surprice, I don't understand why people tells stories about arcade game, it's not. Must say that I don't like slow cars, not in this sim or any other sim. But fast cars like Ariel Atom 500 V8 and especially Lotus 98T Renault Turbo blows my mind, you can feel the torque, you can feel Turbo kick and awesome speed, project CARS is my wet dream...you can even drift so realistic way, long slow slide is possible at first time in sim racing history, you cannot drive any other sim like project CARS. So it is worth of try, then Kunos will continue with AC and try to make it better (smile). Every car is different, 'normal' street cars are so boring but fast race cars are solid gold...and most interesting thing is that the track look and feels like a real...bumps and grip is there...you can trust your tyres...not too much grip but enough, you can spin so easily so where's the arcade, you can drive wide so easily so where's the arcade mode, not included???

Stelios didn't even read before rating my post LOL

Stelios, AC is so out know!!! AC soon be buried completely LOL

And that's it, don't waste my time with AC any longer it's disgusting like <mod-edit: removed>

Right that's it Kimmo. You have an official warning point added now. If you have difficulties staying polite re-read our Terms of Service.

There is something seriously going on with him,i can sense it...it got out of controll,seriously!!! i thought he was joking but now,wow...the hate towards the game devs,the game itself the players and fellow members of the community that HE is a part of its absolutely mind blowing...ignore list without a second thought...

Last edited:
Kimmo, I thought you said pCars is your wet dream and you will leave AC for good... what are you doing in this forum if you don't care about AC? You can go away now that you found pCars is he best for you.
And this is for you

New racing sim from Finland, it comes with original Rally english :)

See this awesome sim full presentation from following link, especially notice all incredible features it includes, see and hear author's comment about other sim racing games from 27:00, he can tell you the truth, this is the only realistic sim in this planet...if you do not believe so check it out, 51 minutes pure satisfaction...this sim will be the best seller!!!

http://www.gamereactor.fi/pelitietokanta/52224/My+Summer+Car/

Just enjoy! Shake AC!!!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline