Kunos Confirms Delay to Upcoming Assetto Corsa Console Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the upcoming Assetto Corsa console update has been hit by delays, meaning private lobby support will have to wait just a little bit longer....

Posting by way of the official Kunos Facebook page, the studio have confirmed that a planned release for the end of the current month will no longer be possible as the proposed update has hit unforeseen delays. Although no new release date has been offered by Kunos at this time, and no reasoning behind the delay has been shared, Kunos have promised to continue to work hard and aim to update the community in the near future as to when we can expect this update to land.

Recently Kunos confirmed the build release was with Sony and Microsoft respectively for approval before launching into the public domain, so one can only assume the new build has failed the rigorous checks required by the console giants and Kunos will have to return to the drawing board before again attempting to launch the update.

You can read the full statement from Kunos below and check out the images from the upcoming new build attached to this article.

"Despite our best efforts, we are unable to launch our next major console update at the end of this month, as hoped. However, we’re pushing hard and fingers crossed, we should have a release date to share with you all very soon. We’re almost there!

Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support - It means so much to the team!

This update is full of incredible content and features, including Custom Online Lobbies, Custom Championships and much more. Stay tuned for more info..."

Assetto Corsa is a PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 racing simulation available to purchase now. Additional DLC content can be purchased via the respective game stores.

Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 3.png

Assetto Corsa and RaceDepartment are a match made in heaven if you enjoy mods and quality online racing events. We have our very own dedicated sub forum for the game, where you can catch up on the latest news and join in with your fellow fans discussing the simulation. Head over and check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming console update? Are you excited about private lobbies coming to the title? Do you think Assetto Corsa on console can go on and overtake its main racing game rivals in time? Let us know in the comments section below!

A good counterexample would be Blizzard - they really care about the community (but not only)
So, let's talk for a moment about Blizzard. Diablo 3 is a failure. It is so since it came out. They refused to listen to what the community was asking for...Then they reduced their "team", they released an expansion that became quickly boring and for 2 years nothing happened. Now they are releasing a new expansion even tho the game is dead (check the forum in case you don't believe me). But let's consider another game, HOTS... They release a new hero every month or so and every single time that hero is op, making the game almost unplayable unless you ban him in every single game. It takes them 1 month to nerf him (hopefully enough). Do you know why every new hero is op? Because they want to sell it quickly and get more money. Now, i just considered 2 of their games and i don't see how they could be better than Kunos.

What are you doing here then, checking its pulse?

I've tried really hard to like ac. I bought it about 5 months ago when I got my rift. My first thought was it was pretty bare but drives really well compared to most games and ppl were saying content will be added. I've given it a chance for 5 months and nothing seems to have changed. The career still isn't a career. The ai still makes the offline side of the game pointless as they don't have the ability to overtake each other. I've tried online and it seems ok but the end of a race is terrible where it just transports you back to the pits without a race results screens.

These are all issues that I've seen complained about over and over and nothing has been done . If it weren't for mods this game would have been forgotten long ago

At least you pushed all them paid dlcs out ok though.

What baffles me the most about this game is the rabid fanboyism it produces

I've tried really hard to like ac. I bought it about 5 months ago when I got my rift. My first thought was it was pretty bare but drives really well compared to most games and ppl were saying content will be added. I've given it a chance for 5 months and nothing seems to have changed. The career still isn't a career. The ai still makes the offline side of the game pointless as they don't have the ability to overtake each other. I've tried online and it seems ok but the end of a race is terrible where it just transports you back to the pits without a race results screens.

These are all issues that I've seen complained about over and over and nothing has been done . If it weren't for mods this game would have been forgotten long ago

At least you pushed all them paid dlcs out ok though.

What baffles me the most about this game is the rabid fanboyism it produces
The career isn't going to change, even more now that they added custom championships. The career will always have the same format in this game. But probably they will change it if they make a new Assetto Corsa.
About AI you're right that it isn't that good, but many players know about it already so is not any news. The news is that Kunos worked on AI for the next update, so check back when it comes.

What has it to do with them releasing more dlcs? Btw, the last one was in 2016 and we are already 5 months past that, so it doesn't seem like they are just pushing dlcs out. On the contrary, so far they released 1.12 and 1.13 game updates this year, both with free content. Just because the AI isn't very good it still makes sense to release content to be used online (since they've been working on multiplayer this year and the two updates were quite concentrated on multiplayer), is still good enough for AI race and then for hotlapping is also good to have new content.

You only see fanboyism because you have a hater mentality and you're very intolerant to different perspectives, so if people don't share your opinion they are rabid fanboys.

"If it weren't for mods this game would have been forgotten long ago"

Yes, sure... but no. The fact that Kunos makes updates and content for so long is the reason for the game to still be played because if you go online the populated servers aren't filled with mods. Devs and the users still playing are keeping the game alive, the mods are an extra and for a part of the community.

So, which sim racing games have you been playing very frequently these last 5 months?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%