Kunos Confirms Delay to Upcoming Assetto Corsa Console Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the upcoming Assetto Corsa console update has been hit by delays, meaning private lobby support will have to wait just a little bit longer....

Posting by way of the official Kunos Facebook page, the studio have confirmed that a planned release for the end of the current month will no longer be possible as the proposed update has hit unforeseen delays. Although no new release date has been offered by Kunos at this time, and no reasoning behind the delay has been shared, Kunos have promised to continue to work hard and aim to update the community in the near future as to when we can expect this update to land.

Recently Kunos confirmed the build release was with Sony and Microsoft respectively for approval before launching into the public domain, so one can only assume the new build has failed the rigorous checks required by the console giants and Kunos will have to return to the drawing board before again attempting to launch the update.

You can read the full statement from Kunos below and check out the images from the upcoming new build attached to this article.

"Despite our best efforts, we are unable to launch our next major console update at the end of this month, as hoped. However, we’re pushing hard and fingers crossed, we should have a release date to share with you all very soon. We’re almost there!

Thank you all so much for your continued patience and support - It means so much to the team!

This update is full of incredible content and features, including Custom Online Lobbies, Custom Championships and much more. Stay tuned for more info..."

Assetto Corsa is a PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 racing simulation available to purchase now. Additional DLC content can be purchased via the respective game stores.

Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Console - Private Lobby Creation 3.png

Assetto Corsa and RaceDepartment are a match made in heaven if you enjoy mods and quality online racing events. We have our very own dedicated sub forum for the game, where you can catch up on the latest news and join in with your fellow fans discussing the simulation. Head over and check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming console update? Are you excited about private lobbies coming to the title? Do you think Assetto Corsa on console can go on and overtake its main racing game rivals in time? Let us know in the comments section below!

And again Kunos lied to its customer .... what a surprise ... not

It seems they don't give a **** about the community
You're lying to us right now that Kunos is lying to their customers.

If you treat any missed deadline or change of plans as lying, you need to reconsider a lot of things... Are those image previews in the article also a lie, an illusion?

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

If they didn't care they wouldn't update the game for you
Not necessarily - (example) they could also update (or pseudoupdate) to attract more customers - that would mean they update only because of money, not because of the community!
Pretty sure that happens more often than you realize ...

A good counterexample would be Blizzard - they really care about the community (but not only)

You're lying to us right now that Kunos is lying to their customers.

If you treat any missed deadline or change of plans as lying, you need to reconsider a lot of things... Are those image previews in the article also a lie, an illusion?
Maybe do first a fact check before you write your comment here.

They didn't miss 1 promise for private lobbies release date, they missed many.
They also promised stuff, which never happend.

Kunos also treated the community bad in the past, there are several articles about it.

But just keep ignoring facts, right? Because saying the truth is forbidden when you have an army of fanboys around (pun against iRacing intended).

Chris

Premium
But just keep ignoring facts, right? Because saying the truth is forbidden when you have an army of fanboys around (pun against iRacing intended).
I'm confused. Where was the pun in that?

In all seriousness, if this thread is just going to become an excrement slinging contest, then people are going to find themselves removed very quickly. Everyone is more than welcome to comment on their disappointment in the delay or whatever, but please keep things respectful.

Kunos also treated the community bad in the past, there are several articles about it.
I see you get your information from a great place.

What do you consider treating the community bad? Give me concrete examples and maybe you'll see is more some people being extremely needy and sensitive, and quickly get offended with anything little.

They didn't miss 1 promise for private lobbies release date, they missed many.
They also promised stuff, which never happend.
Many, how many? 10, 20? Which other stuff they promised?

But I doubt you are happy about private lobbies and the other things in the next update. The more negatively dramatic you react the less satisfied you are. A normal person/player would be happy they showed previews and gave more details about big things coming in the new update.

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

I see you get your information from a great place.
What place do you mean? I got them partially from Racedepartment!
Every source I have has proofs in it.

What do you consider treating the community bad? Give me concrete examples
A good example at Assetto Corsa is, where a dev started attacking the opinion of Fredrik Sørlie - just look it up you will find what happend and see this is inacceptable. The same dev did it not for the first time ...

Many, how many? 10, 20? Which other stuff they promised?
At least 3 times they said Custom Lobbies are ready ... packed in "finish line is in sight" - this is going on since January ... but we only see delays ...
I mean 1 or 2 delays are okay and sometimes happen in game industry - but more than 3 delays is ridiculous and I consider that messing with a community - and even I like PCARS a lot - this was something I really didn't like about them there. Not to mention that the release version was not bug free ...
They should have said from the beginning: Guys its not ready - this is our plan but we guarantee nothing

Star Citizen does it awesomely - they actually started to release their internal schedule (not everything, secret stuff is hidden, but 90%+ is in it) and they update it pretty much every week. If something happens there is a comment as to why. And they write "Target release date" - its no promise but their intended release date

But I doubt you are happy about private lobbies and the other things in the next update. The more negatively dramatic you react the less satisfied you are. A normal person/player would be happy they showed previews and gave more details about big things coming in the new update.
Stop personal attacks please
Not to say that what you say is completely incorrect.
Just 2 word: False promises - seen at BF4, PCARS, No Man's Sky, AC, iRacing and many more

Yes I don't own AC on consoles, for me its generally about treating customers in gaming.
If more people like my raise their voice to say: "We don't accept being screwed", hopefully!, less companies try to screw customers.
No Man's Sky is a good example what happens if people raise their voice - they lost nearly all credibility and now they stop messing around with the community ... it helped.

I'm confused. Where was the pun in that?
I always though a pun is a "gibe"? Did I misunderstand the usage of "pun intended"?
What I meant is, that said behavior happens very often at iRacing, in the present as in the past ...

I always though a pun is a "gibe"? Did I misunderstand the usage of "pun intended"?
What I meant is, that said behavior happens very often at iRacing, in the present as in the past ...
Nah it specifically refers to two phrases that sound similar, using one of them to refer to multiple things at once. Like you could say a patch that improves collisions is a "solid" improvement since cars pass through each other less and also solid means 'reliable'

With their budget and team size it's a miracle they make any updates at all especially considering it's out on 3 platforms. This is a niche product and Kunos is not Polyphony or Turn10 with that have unlimited budget. Be patient.

I've never seen them publish a date for private lobbies, Only they they are working on its inclusion as soon as possible.

Based on what I have read I would say they have never broken such a promise.

If anything they probably took the push back harder then anyone, Their reputation is on the line. They probably didn't realise how hard it seems to be to get console updates over the line. It would take someone pretty immature to believe they are doing this in order to mistreat their customers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

Dude why are you stressing out on something you don't own :O_o:
Chill dude, life's too short :cool:
Calm down, dude. :rolleyes:
There are more important things in life than an update for the sim of your choice.
Some people just need to get things in their head right.
As said above, its about principals
Or do you want, that this behavior becomes normal in the game industry (or further along in other businesses)?
Making false promises and cheat the customer all day long?
For me the answer is no - and I show that by raising my voice and state that I don't find that behavior okay.

If I like AC or not has nothing to do with that ... its irrelevant - for me its about the behavior foremost

As said above, its about principals
Or do you want, that this behavior becomes normal in the game industry (or further along in other businesses)?
Making false promises and cheat the customer all day long?
For me the answer is no - and I show that by raising my voice and state that I don't find that behavior okay.

If I like AC or not has nothing to do with that ... its irrelevant - for me its about the behavior foremost
You need a dictionary to know what "false promises", "cheat", "lie", actually means. I'm not joking, I'm seriously telling you because you've been pushing this "lie" thing for too long.

Here it is, a lie: "to say or write something that is not true in order to deceive someone"

So applying that to this situation, Kunos thought private lobbies would be done before but they delayed its release a few of times. There was no deceiving from their part because they thought it would be ready but unfortunately when that period arrived the update wasn't ready. Perhaps private lobbies were even finished a month or more ago, but they are part of an update that includes other features and fixes, so until those are ready for submission private lobbies will need to wait for other features and fixes to be finished as well.

Another reason why they are not lying to the customers about it, which is that Sony/Microsoft didn't approve the update like the article above says, so they needed to rework on it, which again adds more time until the process is complete for release.

And before you misinterpret what "deceiving" means and accuse Kunos of that too, I give you this one for free: "deliberately cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, especially for personal gain."

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

You need a dictionary to know what "false promises", "cheat", "lie", actually means. I'm not joking, I'm seriously telling you because you've been pushing this "lie" thing for too long.

Here it is, a lie: "to say or write something that is not true in order to deceive someone"

So applying that to this situation, Kunos thought private lobbies would be done before but they delayed its release a few of times. There was no deceiving from their part because they thought it would be ready but unfortunately when that period arrived the update wasn't ready. Perhaps private lobbies were even finished a month or more ago, but they are part of an update that includes other features and fixes, so until those are ready for submission private lobbies will need to wait for other features and fixes to be finished as well.

Another reason why they are not lying to the customers about it, which is that Sony/Microsoft didn't approve the update like the article above says, so they needed to rework on it, which again adds more time until the process is complete for release.

And before you misinterpret what "deceiving" means and accuse Kunos of that too, I give you this one for free: "deliberately cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, especially for personal gain."

And I'm serious too: <snip>

<snip> I totally disagree with what you write: < <mod added text
  • They knew it wouldn't be that easy - they knew they had first to pass MS / Sony - but no, they promise first and can't deliver in the end
  • They promised to deliver Private Lobbies - but they lied to us, because they didn't deliver sofar
  • They deceived us by making us believe its coming in the very very near future but they knew it would come down to other factors (outside of their hands) aswell and probably they also knew they not gonna pass it (on the fact they already promises us 3 times and at least 2 times it failed approval) - if you say: "We trying to put it into next update and are intending to release if Sony / MS approve" - that would be not lying ... they would make it clear that they intend to but don't make any promises. Then its no problem.

Just writing definitions is one thing, understanding them and putting them in correct context another one, which you fail at.

I have more and more the impression you try to defend Kunos because you like them. It won't help you against facts.

mod edited - See, It's so easy to disagree without insulting, hence the blue text above

Last edited by a moderator:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 135 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%