Kubica in Running for Williams Seat Following Two "Successful" Tests With Team

Robert Doornbos have said on Dutch television - when rumours with Kubica testing with Renault became surfacing - that Kubica almost haven’t got any muscle tissue left in his arm. And that he can’t really use his arm for anything that requires some muscle tension.

And that it looks as bad irl as on photo’s because it looks so unbelievably thin and fragile. So in that regard, his arm isn’t reflecting his personality. :thumbsup:

"[...] perform at a level good enough for Williams [...]",
if their car performance level stays at that level of this year's then definitely, if they're able to challenge Force India or even RedBull again then it'll be tough.

Both. It is partly due to the angle and lighting of the shot, but his arm is a lot thinner as well.

Just out of curiosity I looked up a few pictures. From some angles it doesn't look too bad but my guess is he's lost maybe 20-30% muscle in that arm? What I didn't realise was the loss of muscle in the bicep as well.

DGIT43-XcAEJotf.jpg

From this angle it doesn't look too bad at all but the forearm has lost quite a bit of muscle mass.
comment_w6d6OXQXKpvdPfKWUtUZzMUAxVFVSh6K.jpg

With regards to the comments about Zanardi. Alex is one of my racing hero's. The guy is a legend in my eyes. He suffered in F1 (bad timing more than anything in my view as he joined Williams just as they were at their lowest ebb and Lotus were never a top runner during the time he was there) but in an Indycar he was incredible to watch.

His performance both in the Spa 24 Hours and at the Olympics is a lesson to all of us not to ever give up and if you believe enough you can achieve miracles.

Hoping he does return to Spa 24 again, unfinished business.

When a billionaire can pay to fast track his little poppet into F1 frankly i don't give a stuff.
RK could most likely be right at the sharp end if he were in a Merc, only fans of drivers give a stuff about the drivers, its all about the car and the engineers / designers, no one in a poor car compared to the field will get even close to wins let alone WDC....just ask Alonso..

Everybody knows that all time truth - engineer alone will not improve the race car. There were must be a tandem between engineers and the driver. Driver which can talk in technical language. RK gives a chance to develop in every team in which he participate. IMHO.

Everybody knows that all time truth - engineer alone will not improve the race car. There were must be a tandem between engineers and the driver. Driver which can talk in technical language. RK gives a chance to develop in every team in which he participate. IMHO.

Not the engineer who sits track side and talks over the radio to the driver!!....the many engineers making the parts for the car etc etc and the designers working with engineers for the aero etc, they are the reason the cars can go the speeds they do round the corners...

With the reasoning he retired F1 last season, Copa NEXTEL Stock Car seems the most obvious choice. And yes, he had some good races. But he also seems to become more and more scorned and bittered. Making bad decisions on track because, well uhm.... He can. And nowhere as devestating as Vettels bad decisions. But bad for such a seasoned driver anyway ruining results for himself and other drivers.

And the funny part is, now almost a year after his retirement from F1 which lasted for only a couple of weeks... He is upset about the team ignoring hem as the “obvious” choice for 2018. I guess it’s some frustration for never really be in control of his own future and always played the second violin for the larger part of his carreer.

As for Robert Kubica, I don’t know... Is he fit enough to perform a whole season? I highly doubt it. Sure, a few races will be doable. But a whole season with all forces on only his usable arm and hand? Well, the future will tell. Wouldn’t mind it if he really returns though, he always were one of my favorites in F1. A true daredevil at heart.

Well, long time since Massa told he dont want to race in Brazil after F1 but... you never know how fast that can change...

Massa gets a lot of grief but he did miss out on WDC by 1 point and when he was in a good car could win races or at least be at the front, had Lewis stayed at McLaren or even moved to the wrong team like Williams he would be stuck on 1 WDC and bumbling around like Massa.
F1 has been an even bigger joke since Merc dominated, this season Ferrari caught up a bit at least but they imploded and Merc are clearly the team to be in.

Not the engineer who sits track side and talks over the radio to the driver!!....the many engineers making the parts for the car etc etc and the designers working with engineers for the aero etc, they are the reason the cars can go the speeds they do round the corners...
So why they (designers, engineers) not puts the robots into cockpit? :) Feedback and understanding is the clue. Of course between talnted people. Next are the environement - money. BMW with talented Mario Theissen and his people were so close to success but they don't believe in Robert enought. And now there is no BMW in F1.

So why they (designers, engineers) not puts the robots into cockpit? :) Feedback and understanding is the clue. Of course between talnted people. Next are the environement - money. BMW with talented Mario Theissen and his people were so close to success but they don't believe in Robert enought. And now there is no BMW in F1.

Well they could do once that tech is available, but people like to support drivers and drivers then bring a mixture of talent / money / and image to the table.
People get behind drivers, but Merc are in F1 not to simply make Lewis bolster up his CV and racing records, they are there for Merc brand and to win WCC...
But Lewis's image helps Merc brand as much as his talent.
Of course there are better drivers, Lewis is way above a Palmer, but then stick Palmer in the Merc he should still be qualifying 3 or 4 places maybe more higher than if he was in the Renault, or stick Lewis in the Renault and he'd never win a race... this is motorsport...

Well they could do once that tech is available, but people like to support drivers and drivers then bring a mixture of talent / money / and image to the table.
People get behind drivers, but Merc are in F1 not to simply make Lewis bolster up his CV and racing records, they are there for Merc brand and to win WCC...
But Lewis's image helps Merc brand as much as his talent.
Of course there are better drivers, Lewis is way above a Palmer, but then stick Palmer in the Merc he should still be qualifying 3 or 4 places maybe more higher than if he was in the Renault, or stick Lewis in the Renault and he'd never win a race... this is motorsport...
Yes you're right but in my post I mean developing of the car, his performance and competitiveness and great role of the driver in this process.

Yes you're right but in my post I mean developing of the car, his performance and competitiveness and great role of the driver in this process.

I agree a driver can bring development but i would argue that both Michael and Nico developed the Merc more than Lewis, Lewis climbed on board when Merc were well on the uppers.
I imagine the conversation went along the lines of "Lewis you will have one season where the Merc will have possibility of race wins, but come the following seasons its a WDC car." Lewis leaves McLaren and rest is now history...
I don't think Lewis went to Merc to develop a car, he went there because he was willing to trust they really did have the secret formula for the future regs... basically an engine that eclipsed all others and the knowledge of how to match that to the chassis.
F1 untill this season was Nico v's Lewis...then the rest..like class racing... but Michael and Nico had a massive part in that story... imagine if Michael had stayed on in Lewis's place, he'd of most likely been on 10 WDC...if not Nico would be a 3 times WDC!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back