Kubica Gets Official Spot in Post Hungarian Grand Prix in Season Test

ERS and DRS nothing major , unless pressing buttons is too much and looking at the display .

It is for Honda.

Button = 'go faster'

Display =

windows-xp-bsod-error-56a6fb0d3df78cf7729140f2.png

Last edited:
Come on people its just another F1 Stunt show ,
yes he was very talented driver and still is in some aspects , at the time was my number 1 driver in F1 to watch ,
but looking at the state of his arm and been a realist , yes id love to see him come back like the rest of us , he be welcomed with open arms , class act through and through ,

he has not a cat in hell chance of been that fit to race at the top in F1 these drivers are hardcore fitness and it takes fitness to drive these cars , he just cant compete at the very top .
You are joking now or...? or You are just one of this many ignorants, who thinks, :
1. Renault with many other young drivers give car for Kubica, beacouse he make a show. Well...for this then dont need extra preparing, just organisee one or two official events on the streets, like in London was.
2. Kubica everyday sits on the couch and peels the peanuts, than Renault calls and says "Hi Rob, will You drive with our F1 car on Hungaroring? If Yes, car is ready, just come and drive"...So Kubica goes to WC, piss of, thin..."hmmm, ok why not"...Than he returns to the couch and peanuts...
Or are You just...stupid? Maybe only You plays stupidity to provoke... dont know. But trust me. No one, any F1 team gives so many time, spedns so many casch only for one man show and fun... It would be stupid...

Wish him well.
Really hope it go to plan.
He is not a fool, if he could not do it, he would not be doing it..
The team would not risk the car, or driver.
F1 cars are rather expensive...
Testing is very expensive..
Dead or badly injured drivers are not good for the image of the team..
I think it is safe to say, both driver and team know what they are doing...
F1 drivers have to have a Super License...
Have to be medically fit..
Before even sitting in a car...
Think about it...
They have.

This is getting to be a proper blockbuster Hollywood material. Just imagine this story well told with good actors, the drama of accident, titanic recovery and that happy end. Excellent example to show everyone that success can be possible even after such accident.

Well done Robert for such hard work getting back here and hopefully you'll have your chance to fight again for the F1 crown. Good luck!
Someone actually do fan trailer!

Whatever about he's injury still being an issue he's age is starting to become another issue. He's 32 now and If he's not in a seat this year or next year I think he's chances of returning start to diminish more and more. There's also the fact there are a lot of young drivers waiting to progress that would be a lot cheaper. I don't think they'd put him into a seat this year after just one test.

But I'd say Kubica could whip up a lot of sponsorship that the young lads wouldn't be able to do. Best of luck to him, it would be a major achievement to be back in the pinnacle of motorsport after such an injury.

Whatever about he's injury still being an issue he's age is starting to become another issue. He's 32 now and If he's not in a seat this year or next year I think he's chances of returning start to diminish more and more. There's also the fact there are a lot of young drivers waiting to progress that would be a lot cheaper. I don't think they'd put him into a seat this year after just one test.

But I'd say Kubica could whip up a lot of sponsorship that the young lads wouldn't be able to do. Best of luck to him, it would be a major achievement to be back in the pinnacle of motorsport after such an injury.

C'mon! Hill came to F1 for the first time having 32, became a champ having 36.
I was closely following all news on Kubica's return in recent months.
Kubica beat to death Renault's 3rd driver in Valencia - he was faster by 0.45s (not by 0.3s as early reports told) per lap and the completed 115 laps. He had no problems at Paul Ricard with passing the 5s test and he admits himself that he is in better overall fitness form than he was in 2010 or 2011.
In Renault's (RS17) simulator he did hundreds of laps including being consideralby quicker than Hulkenberg in Barcelona.
All the things tells that he is in very serious form and is very fast. So fast actually that it shouldn't be in theory possible for a man who almost got killed and with one arm nearly amputeted... but in the end he is. Waiting for Hungary showdown.

20258121_1500692923320996_3777026237694601391_n.jpg

I sincerely hope the test goes well for him. It was tragic what happened to him back in 2011 just when he was on the verge of something great. It would be great to see him back on an F1 grid so I'll be watching with interest to see what he can do in the 2017 car.

I have my doubts that he can do it but at the same time I'm sure Renault would not be wasting their time if they thought he was not capable of getting in that seat and performing at the level they need.

As for his age that's irrelevant... he's as hungry as any youngster and still has several years ahead of him. It's all about whether he can handle the car consistently and without hindrance caused by his injuries.

Good luck to him.

Last edited:
C'mon! Hill came to F1 for the first time having 32, became a champ having 36.
I think there's a difference between the good old days in F1 and today. I think drivers are better trained and educated these days. They have the advantage of the experience and developments that all the drivers before them have made. They can train more and get more useful feedback about their driving thanks to technology. I think things have taken a huge step forward over the past 20 years. Now I would consider Kubica to be one of those type of drivers, but I think the standard has been raised so much that things like youth and fitness become deciding factors when everyone has been developed to the same extremely high standard.

Come on people its just another F1 Stunt show ,
yes he was very talented driver and still is in some aspects , at the time was my number 1 driver in F1 to watch ,
but looking at the state of his arm and been a realist , yes id love to see him come back like the rest of us , he be welcomed with open arms , class act through and through ,

he has not a cat in hell chance of been that fit to race at the top in F1 these drivers are hardcore fitness and it takes fitness to drive these cars , he just cant compete at the very top .

Let's Renault judge by themselves if Kubica can compete at the very top or not.
you seems very confident he can't.
But Renault has hired an expert for the hungary test, to evaluate Kubica.
this expert is called "time" and he said : 1'18"500
...1'18"500 :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back