Fuel: 4
Alignment
Camber front: -3.20
Camber rear: -1.50
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35
Notes
Quick Race Mod with Tyre and Fuel Simulation / Only assist is auto gear
Finished 8th in a Williams using this setup. :)

Car
Williams

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
25%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Rear Spring Stiffness: 4

Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph
Gear 2: 158 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 276 kph
Gear 7: 314 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.30
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Option

Notes
FP3 - 1:38.217, again this time was set on Prime tyres which had about 3/4 laps on them, fuel was about 6 laps, DRS is again making the car ride on the limiter but only at the end of the two straights, which will make the car better in the race

*Edit*

Just finished a messy 1:37.603 on the Option tyres, there is more time to be found, I didn't get a perfect line through the double apex at 7/8

*Edit 2*

Q1 with 5 laps of fuel on the prime tyres I got a 1:37.766 on my second flying lap
Q2 with 5 laps of fuel on worn (1 previous flying lap) options I've got a 1:37.041
Good setup managed 1:37.847

You must have damage turned off?

The engine should be blowing the way you drop gears down shifting with the new physics engine?

If you are using a no damage setting then what good are videos showing insane down shifts when most of us use full damage effects?

If you are using a full damage setting then how is the car still running after a full lap of your fast shifting?

Is the damage model that crap/buggy that it may or may not bust the gearbox?
I've noticed that as long as you apply enough pressure when breaking you can downshift fast, sometimes i did it too fast for the breaks and i saw a smoke behind the car (i was on Q1) but the engine didn't blew.

Car Mclaren

Circuit Sepang

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F48% - R 52%
Pressure: Medium

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar:11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 2: 155 kph
Gear 3: 184 kph
Gear 4: 213 kph
Gear 5: 244 kph
Gear 6: 280 kph
Gear 7: 320 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front:3.50
Camber Rear: 1.30
Toe Front: 0.14
Toe Rear: 0.29

Tyres
option

Notes
Time Trial ; Assists TC only 'cause I've done it on keyboard and it's impossible to drive w/o TC.
Time : 1.34.243 it can be massively improved

Sector 1: 24.052
Sector 2: 31.704
Sector 3: 38.485

Notes:
- Option tires
- ABS and Traction control On. Using a Xbox360 Gamepad.
- No DRS
- No Kers

Car
Marrusia

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Brake Size: Standart

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 6

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox

Gear 1: 130 kmh / 81 mph
Gear 2: 155 kmh / 96 mph
Gear 3: 185 kmh / 115 mph
Gear 4: 219 kmh / 136 mph
Gear 5: 250 kmh / 155 mph
Gear 6: 276 kmh / 171 mph
Gear 7: 299 kmh / 186 mph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Time
S1 25,403
S2 33,551
S3 40,955
1:39;870 (With drs you can drop this to 1:38, maybe 1:37 almost 1;36).

This setup is enough to fight for 14-18º place with marussia in legend AI.

Having lots of fun trying to make the most of this car.

Im sure thats a little room for improvement, but for now im happy with this number.

im sticking to a standart brake size because thats what i have in the carreer at the moment, maybe you can improve a little there.

EDIT: changed roll bar and improved the time. Already changed it.

Car: Ferrari
Condition: Dry

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11
Gearbox
Gear 1: 126 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 156 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 184 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 213 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 243 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 278 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 319 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: 4
Alignment
Camber front: -3.20
Camber rear: -1.50
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35
Notes
Quick Race Mod with Tyre and Fuel Simulation / Only assist is auto gear
Good setup, managed 1:37:835 with redbull.

Notes:
- Option tires
- ABS and Traction control On. Using a Xbox360 Gamepad.
- No DRS
- No Kers

Car
Marrusia

Circuit
Kuala Lumpur

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Brake Size: Standart

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 1

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox

Gear 1: 130 kmh / 81 mph
Gear 2: 155 kmh / 96 mph
Gear 3: 185 kmh / 115 mph
Gear 4: 219 kmh / 136 mph
Gear 5: 250 kmh / 155 mph
Gear 6: 276 kmh / 171 mph
Gear 7: 299 kmh / 186 mph

Alignment

Time
S1 25,617
S2 33,770
S3 41,108
1:40:495 (With drs you can drop this to 1:38, maybe 1:37).

This setup is enough to fight for 14-18º place with marussia in legend AI.

Having lots of fun trying to make the most of this car.

Im sure thats a little room for improvement, but for now im happy with this number.

im sticking to a standart brake size because thats what i have in the carreer at the moment, maybe you can improve a little there.

if this setup works it must be a bug. balance 1, ride height 1 and springs 1. this should be impossible to ride (theoretically) the car must bottom out like hell.

offcourse thank you for placing your setup here, don't get me wrong.

yes i was a little surprised too that worked pollie. But like i said in the melbourne setup, Marussia and HTR you need to go a little against the commom sense.

The setup of F1 2012 also is very simplified so this helps a little making a crazy setup to work.

A marussia top speed is around 280-290km without DRS and that you will only get in the final straight. You also don´t have kers.

HTR excluded, any other car in the game can make 300km or more in the same conditions, and they have Kers to add even more speed. Also doing the same setup with a mclaren i see those cars also have a better grip.

This create a problem, The car win against you in corners and straights, so you need to be competitive at least in some parts of the track if you hope to hold them.

The car will be a challenge to keep on the track as your tyre lose grip. So i recommend anyone using this in a race to change tyres before they reach the limit. Also the corner at the end of S2 is a dangerous one with this setup. You will lose time but you make up for it in all other parts of the track.

I did the time with a mc laren, just kers, no DRS. Around 1:37. Using DRS i think i would go down to 1:35 / 1:34 but the setup was really not that good for a mclaren, just a a good starting point.

Im going to try to make the setup for marussia a little better.

EDIT: I tryed again changing the suspension, even a 2/2 increase in stiffness and you start losing 0.3 to 0.5s in a lap.

But i put back the anti-rool bar to 6/6 and improved the time by 0.6s, too much to be only driving style, also did a try for 3/3, 8/8 and even 4/6 but both made me lose time, very little, so little i dont know if its the configuration or driving style but it was there.

wings again, any change and you lose time. As they only work in fast corners (S2). In S3 you lose all the time you win in S2.

Car Mclaren

Circuit Sepang

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Engine

Alignment

Tyres
option

Notes
Time Trial ; Assists TC only 'cause I've done it on keyboard and it's impossible to drive w/o TC.

Car Mclaren

Circuit Sepang

Condition
Dry

Distance
TT

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Engine

Alignment

Tyres
option

Notes

hi,tried this and was faster than the set up (my husband plays) my hubbie had. his time was a 1:37:0, he got a 1:36:886. he cant improve the time now(?????)! thank u :)

Car
McLaren

Distance
Time Trial ONLY (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 6
Rear Ride Height: 6
Front Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 77 mph
Gear 2: 93 mph
Gear 3: 110 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 147 mph
Gear 6: 170 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph

Alignment

Notes
Time set: 1:33:762 - 26th on Xbox leaderboard
Sector 1: 23:871
Sector 2: 31:494
Sector 3: 38:478

I used to love this track, it was challenging but doable... Not anymore!
What has Codemasters done to Kuala Lumpur?? In a game that I have been enjoying so much, this circuit is the worst I have drove on so far.
The first sector is horrendous, especially turn two. You go into turn 2, and half of the time you're guaranteed to get super oversteer, unless you slow down to gear 1 and literally crawl through the corner....

Looking at other ghosts, they somehow manage to find super grip through there, no twitches or anything, how????

Sector 1 is probably where I am lacking the most in time, but its the same for other sectors too. The twisty turner nature of sector 2 is tougher then previous years, and the Hairpin is harder to get round too without either 1) oversteering or 2) ending up on the grass. Sector 3 seems to be the easiest, which is amazing to me, because in previous years, that famous blind right hander before the back straight was always my bad spot on the track, whereas this year you can quite easily drive over the inside curb without much bother.

Seriously, I have spent so many hours on this track, at least 6 hours trying over and over with all kinds of different setups, and this was the best I could do. Hopefully one day I will find that perfect setup to make this track a joy to ride around again.

Until then, I hope this setup helps you a little bit, to even keep the car on the track without the super oversteer. Good luck to all who dare try Kuala Lumpur on 2012.

EDIT: Finding better ways to get through turn 2, I managed to post a slightly faster time. The ride height has been changed, that is all.

Car
McLaren

Distance
Time Trial ONLY (Dry)

Aerodynamics

Braking
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 11
Rear Ride Height: 11
Front Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 77 mph
Gear 2: 93 mph
Gear 3: 110 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 147 mph
Gear 6: 170 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph

Alignment

Notes
Time set: 1:33:844 - 27th on Xbox leaderboard
Sector 1: 23:871
Sector 2: 31:494
Sector 3: 38:478

I used to love this track, it was challenging but doable... Not anymore!
What has Codemasters done to Kuala Lumpur?? In a game that I have been enjoying so much, this circuit is the worst I have drove on so far.
The first sector is horrendous, especially turn two. You go into turn 2, and half of the time you're guaranteed to get super oversteer, unless you slow down to gear 1 and literally crawl through the corner....

Looking at other ghosts, they somehow manage to find super grip through there, no twitches or anything, how????

Sector 1 is probably where I am lacking the most in time, but its the same for other sectors too. The twisty turner nature of sector 2 is tougher then previous years, and the Hairpin is harder to get round too without either 1) oversteering or 2) ending up on the grass. Sector 3 seems to be the easiest, which is amazing to me, because in previous years, that famous blind right hander before the back straight was always my bad spot on the track, whereas this year you can quite easily drive over the inside curb without much bother.

Seriously, I have spent so many hours on this track, at least 6 hours trying over and over with all kinds of different setups, and this was the best I could do. Hopefully one day I will find that perfect setup to make this track a joy to ride around again.

Until then, I hope this setup helps you a little bit, to even keep the car on the track without the super oversteer. Good luck to all who dare try Kuala Lumpur on 2012.

Wow, 11/11-11/11 suspension ;D. I'll try and build one tomorrow, and give feedback and stuff :). Is it really that hard? Haven't played Malaysia yet :S.

Car
Mclaren

Circuit
Sepang

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 10
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 4: 214 kph
Gear 5: 247 kph
Gear 6: 281 kph
Gear 7: 321 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: 3
Alignment
Camber Front: 3.50
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front: 0.7
Toe Rear: 0.20

Tyres
option

Notes
My previous setup did 1.34.2xx something but with this one I managed a 1.33.304 ( TC on, ABS on ) . This time was done on keyboard so who has wheel or gamepad can surely do better. Took me 3 hours to nail this lap together...( the car seems stable at the rear )
Sector 1 : 23.792
Sector 2 : 31.384
Sector 3 : 38.127

I go a bit wide in turn 2 in order to open up turn 3 and have better traction.( See how Alonso passed Perez in the race). At the hairpin I try to avoid the kerb cuz I lose traction with wheelspin so I take it as gently as possible. Sector 3 seems ok although last corner is tricky either you lose or gain a lot of time.

Wow, 11/11-11/11 suspension ;D. I'll try and build one tomorrow, and give feedback and stuff :). Is it really that hard? Haven't played Malaysia yet :S.

Yes .. I tried it so many times. Australia and Austin I had nowhere near as much trouble as Malaysia. And I usually prefer Malaysia to those circuits, on previous games I was quite smooth around it. I found the onky way to beat my time was to put the ride height at the highest, it really helps as the track has a lot of annoying bumps, curbs, and hilly sections.

I go a bit wide in turn 2 in order to open up turn 3 and have better traction.( See how Alonso passed Perez in the race). At the hairpin I try to avoid the kerb cuz I lose traction with wheelspin so I take it as gently as possible. Sector 3 seems ok although last corner is tricky either you lose or gain a lot of time.

Its pretty frustrating for me round turn 2. After dozens of attempts at getting it right I either

1) Go on the actual racing line, fighting to make sure I don't oversteer, then it does.
2) I brake a lot more then I did in previous games, just to make sure I get round it, can easily lose a few tenths that way.
3) I just happen to hit the sweet spot, even then its still slow compared to one of the top Ghost cars. He must have got the perfect launch through there, and he used the racing line.

Not sure if its an issue with me, my setup, the track itself, or a mix of all three,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back