F1 2010 Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have to agree with the Fallas gears. The rest of his setup didn't work for me, but the gears did. In testing, I can run lap after lap within a half-second of difference and I noticed right away in my lap times. I'm sure there might be a couple of other tracks out there where too much shifting isn't helping, and would be glad to know which tracks might be quicker by shifting less.

• paulbrickell

What the hell? If you say this in the face of an F1 engineer he'd slap you. Not using one of the gears is effectively wasting 1/7th of the performance. The gear changes are so quick that not using a gear doesn't mean a gain in time, ever.
Do you have any evidence of this? Can you show me an on board lap where a car doesn't shift to 7th?

This is such a dimwitted thing to say. Every gear change costs you time. If you can set up a decent set of ratios in 6 gears you don't lose any performance you just distribute it differently and you save time on changes.

This is such a dimwitted thing to say. Every gear change costs you time. If you can set up a decent set of ratios in 6 gears you don't lose any performance you just distribute it differently and you save time on changes.

Yes you do, because everytime you change years it will drop to 9.000 rpm and if you use all seven years it will drop to 11.000 rpm. So what is the best thing to do? If indeed you show that to an f1 engineer he'd slap you. Gear changes cost 0.01 seconds in f1, cause they have seamless gear boxes.

• James Dempsey

Insert Team Name

Virgin

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Meduim
Brake Size: Standard
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox Default setting (Fine tune may improve)
Gear 1: xxx kph / x xx mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel:
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

The car will reach around 200 mph Pos 1 Opt about 1.40.032 (feels like it could get faster) 1.41.167 on primes!

Good setups here I got a 1:33.570 with ramon's set up and that's with out a clean lap so I would say 1 or 2 more sec to take of if I could hit a clean lap.
With fellas I could only get 1:40 as the set up is good I think I just cant Handel the car as I keep spinning it out and mess my laps up

Hi Guys, this worked well on Lotus in carrer mode. I was 7th in race and 8th in qualifying whith a 1.36,7xx. Gave it a try on TT with Maclaren and did a 1.30,308s. I can take about a second with some practice. Did the race in carrer mode with lotus and about 10 laps on TT. I fell that gears need alot of work. The 1st 4 have too much power and the 5 and 6th too long. If someone can help with this it woul be nice.

PS: Still driving with traction controll. (stil learning this one :redface:)

TT
Maclaren (PC with Momo wheel)
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:8
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Std
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 141 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 173 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 205 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 237 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 277 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 307 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 344 kph / xxx mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast (maybe std) I fell, after slow corners, to much whell spinning.
Fuel: TT
Alignment
Camber front: 1.20
Camber rear: 2.90
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

Thanx a lot, Conxinnen! Since none of the setups above fits to my driving style, I used yours and it worked perfect for me.
Only thing I changed, I mixed it with Fallas´ Gearbox-Settings ;)

To put an end to the debate can someone please run Fallas setup vs the same setup but with 1st and 2nd gear the same (as he doesn;t use 1st gear I assume he has set 2nd gear to the slowest corner), then with 7th gear set to where Fallas' 6th gear is set, and then 3-6 spread out between.

I too can't see the sense in not using all the gears, but I'm not an expert on this, so would love to see the two compared. (Would do it myself, but sneaking on the net from work atm).

To put an end to the debate can someone please run Fallas setup vs the same setup but with 1st and 2nd gear the same (as he doesn;t use 1st gear I assume he has set 2nd gear to the slowest corner), then with 7th gear set to where Fallas' 6th gear is set, and then 3-6 spread out between.

I too can't see the sense in not using all the gears, but I'm not an expert on this, so would love to see the two compared. (Would do it myself, but sneaking on the net from work atm).

Before anyone calls me a moron as well, I hit 1:29.1 on this track in time trial, and 1:28's in grand prix mode. Unfortunately, my times didn't save because I accepted a xbox live race invitation before quitting time trial mode. Anyways,

Using only 6 gears is KEY for this track. Malaysia is a very smooth flowing track. Therefore, high speeds on corner exits is key for fast lap times and consistency (except for Sector 2). By using only 6 gears and wider gear ratios, you're reducing the use of traction control, allowing you to power out of the corners.

Even more important are your alignment settings for this track. You want your toes to be setup for maximum straight line stability, and your cambers to be setup for maximum straight line acceleration.

As for a comparison, I was hitting 1:29.6's with 7 gears, and 1:29.1's with 6 gears.

Whoever posts setups and says "You don't use 1st or 7th gear" is an absolute moron and shouldn't be doing setups.

That is all.

just here to say. with ramon's set i got 1:35-1:36 in the mclaren. it just oversteeres too much. but with fallas' set i got a 1:34 after a few laps. and a 1:32 or lower is possible. the gears he made are amazing. now im not going to be mean. and i dont want to start an argument. but this is a game. remember that. in real life in a real f1 car yes using 1st and 7th is probably better. but in this game shifting less gears helps reduce oversteer. one could say the same for games like fm2. the koenigsegg ccgt on the ring. ive had a 4 gear set running 6:10. the point is these are games. not real life. and in games one can utilise the physics to make the car faster than is possible in real life. thanks for the sets ramon and fallas. take care people.

I think Ramon's setup works the best with me, managed a 1:36.571 in Q2 with HRT so theres definitely potential there, maybe a tweak to the gear ratios but the car handles superbly!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%