• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU KTM X-Bow RR @ Sepang - Thur 30Nov17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Nov 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 30-11-17
  1. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    Well, I don't know what's going on but I was definitely not on Twitch. I haven't been on there in probably 4 months. In fact, I close down my browser after I open TS to avoid any possibility of something running in the background during the race. I have only Raceroom, TS and CC running during a race and the video I take is from the Nvidia built-in recorder. Anybody have an explanation?

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    There's definitely something very weird going on with Joseph's audio in that recording. In general, it is delayed compared to what's happening on the screen and to others on TS, which would indicate it is indeed coming from some sort of stream (can't tell you how). But then there are even moments where the same part of the audio is repeated twice - at the start of the first race, a sentence about "someone on the right" suddenly plays in sync with the video (making Joseph actually talk over himself), and then is repeated later where it belongs with the rest of Joseph's audio, and shortly after the start of the second race, there's a sentence about "launching so far back" that once again plays in sync with the video and is later repeated again in its proper place with the rest of Joseph's audio.

That's some pretty weird stuff. What was the audio source set to in Shadowplay?

3. Patrick Fournier

Patrick Fournier
    Death by snoo-snoo Premium

Ratings:
    +481
    Or Joseph inadvertantly opened a private channel with Mike? That's really strange...

And my stream sniping comment was a joke, I can't see any advantage to be doing it in a racing game :p

4. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    I didn't take any offense from the comment Patrick, just wondering what happened. At the time, I assumed that everyone was hearing what I was hearing but since my no one could hear me on TS, I couldn't confirm that assumption. Frankly, I actually enjoyed Joesph's entertaining banter but I don't think I want it every time :p.

As far as my Shadowplay settings, the input source was set to "Microphone, USB audio device" and it wasn't changed from previous races.

5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,496
    Did you hear me whilst you were racing or just in the video?

6. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    I heard you in both races and warm-ups. Not sure about quali as it wasn't always clear if you were talking to other drivers on TS or to viewers. I did heard your story about your pregnant cousin, who didn't know she was pregnant until she had her baby :).

• Haha Haha x 5
  7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,496
    All of that was to the viewers only... Really strange that only you could hear me... :cautious:

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,208
    That's just weird. How about the RD main page running in the background somewhere? That would've had the stream in that small thumbnail in the bottom right corner, wouldn't it? Though you said you close everything before the race and it also doesn't explain those instances where the audio is repeated...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +453
    Well, the fact that I wasn't being heard by anyone on TS and my TS Notifier wasn't working says that there was some kind of anomaly going on other than just hearing Joseph. I'm going to chalk it up to a quirk caused by the frantic update and not worry about it unless it happens again. I will reinstall my TS and TS Notifier though, just in case.

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,208
    Yeah, I guess there were weird things happening for you. I mean the cars in your video blink like crazy as well.