KTM X-Bow RR Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience KTM X-Bow RR Released.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released the unique KTM X-Bow RR for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, bringing the interesting open cockpit race car to sim racing for the first time. Available via the in game store for 349vRP, the KTM X-Bow RR comes with thirty nicely crafted liveries to bring the single make GT4 specification series to the RaceRoom title.

Already added to the game as part of the recent November update, today Sector3 have opened up the car for players of the simulation to purchase and use in game. The KTM X-Bow RR is a 360hp real wheel drive racing car that usually runs under the GT4 rule set specification. Although reasonably modest in its power output, the ultra lightweight chassis ensures a lively experience for the driver whilst still allowing those less experience in high powered GT machines to maintain control of the vehicle in tight racing conditions. Ideal for club racing and close online battles, the X-Bow RR will most likely become a popular online choice in the coming weeks.

KTM X-Bow RR Release Trailer
Car data:
  • Mid-engine open two seater
  • Carbon composite monocoque
  • Audi 2.0 TFSI. Turbo-charged 4-cylinder.
  • 360hp @ 6800rpm
  • 500Nm @ 3600 rpm
  • 6 speed manual
  • Redline @ 7500rpm
  • Shiftpoint @ 6800-7000rpm
  • 40 liter fuel cell
  • 790kg (dry weight)
  • 37/63 weight distribution
  • 250 kg+ downforce at 200 kph
  • 200/610-17 & 240/640-18 slicks
  • Steering defaults are 792 degrees of rotation with a 25 degrees steerlock

KTM X-Bow RR eSports Trophy - R3E.jpg

To coincide with the release of the KTM X-Bow RR, Sector3 have announced they are launching a new eSports competition in conjunction with the manufacturer, offering players the opportunity to sample a real life KTM X-Bow at the Red Bull Ring, the venue for the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.

Running from November 23rd through to the 15th February, players will be tasked with taking on the Zandvoort, Hungaroring, Lausitzring, Slovakiaring, Red Bull Ring and the epic Nordschleife over the next three months to be in with a shout of the chance to drive a real life X-Bow. More details will be revealed in game from tomorrow. Good luck!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available with limited content to download for free on the Steam network. Additional content packs, such as the KTM X-Bow RR are available to purchase via the in game store.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for some of the best Club Racing available for the sim. We host regular events utilising popular content in a warm and friendly environment. If racing online isn't your thing, you can always pop over to the RaceRoom section of our site and join in some of the community discussion, download a setup or two and catch up on the latest news. It's all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Have you tried out the X-Bow RR yet? What do you think of the car? How is the sim post November update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Another release sold piecemeal and not as a pack, and a buggy storefront that currently will allow owners of the premium pack to re-buy it(which is good news, but unfortunately confirmed as a bug by Sector 3) has just about killed all the goodwill S3 saw from me after finally releasing their updated AI. So very very tired of their terrible pricing structure.

Car seems fun though, tried it with the free trial thingie.

bringing the interesting open cockpit race car to sim racing for the first time.
I been driving this thing already, if iam correct, in Project Cars so its not completely the truth but on othet hand it might be true cuz PC aint really a SIM :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Another release sold piecemeal and not as a pack, and a buggy storefront that currently will allow owners of the premium pack to re-buy it(which is good news, but unfortunately confirmed as a bug by Sector 3) has just about killed all the goodwill S3 saw from me after finally releasing their updated AI. So very very tired of their terrible pricing structure.

Car seems fun though, tried it with the free trial thingie.

whats so terrible with pricing vrp is just same as there would be price in Zloties or Rubles or Dollars or Bath or Roepies or whatever currency just convert it into euro's ;) 349vrp = 3.49 € that doesnt make SIM bad or does it ???

I don't appreciate being nickel and dimed in my videogames, so yeah it adds a bad taste to the Sim. A taste it surely doesn't need after a week of barely having their sim work at all.

Heck even their own storefront suggests buying things in packs are better, all while not offering packs for 2/3 of their new pieces of content.

Just want to give everyone a heads up, you can indeed buy the Premium Pack more than once. So if you're still on the fence about picking up the new DTM 2016s, Audi TT Cup and the X-Bow, you can purchase the Premium Pack now and still be able to purchase it again for future content.

I purchased the Premium Pack on Launch Day last Tuesday to get the DTM 2016 pack and all the Audi TTs. Today I was able to purchase it again for 199VRP for the KTM pack.

• Deleted member 205301

Damned !
Why the open cocpit version, when the "real" GT4 version is with closed cocpit ????!!!!!!!!!!!

whats so terrible with pricing vrp is just same as there would be price in Zloties or Rubles or Dollars or Bath or Roepies or whatever currency just convert it into euro's ;) 349vrp = 3.49 € that doesnt make SIM bad or does it ???
well 349VRP is technicaly anything from 3.13 Euro to 2.26 Euro ... depends how much vRPs you gonna buy .. reasonable 1100 vRPs for 9.49 Euro will make it ~3Euro for those 349vRPs ..

Last edited:
Peeps will be amazed how much money is being collected from R3E:confused:
The commercial side is very slick...they know how draw peeps money. "Ah...is only a few euros"...forgetting the 100 euros already spend:sneaky:

well I have all I want so far and those 60E is not more than other sims .. if you buy and think while doing it it is just fine .. but yep, lots of money ... and thanks to that we have those licences, patches, physics redons, possibly new engine in future ... (well I guess partnership with some other companies/brands helps too )
And to be honest sometimes I would prefer this in other games to .. like buying just those two Porsches, two japaneese pack cars, etc I like in AC for 2 euro/piece would work for me just fine :)

Last edited:
The video showing the KTM is very well done but it's not realistic enough and doesn't show the whole experience, it has no 503 errors.......:whistling::sneaky::laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years