KTM X-Bow RR coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR Redbull Ring.jpg

The rather unique KTM X-Bow RR with be making its sim racing debut in Sector3 Studios RaceRoom Racing Experience title in the coming weeks, as the Swedish studio announced a new licencing partnership with the Austrian manufacturer.

Bringing another new make to the free to play sim, the KTM X-Bow RR will form part of a new car pack featuring 30 unique liveries. Alongside the announcement notes for the KTM collaboration, Sector3 have also revealed players of the game will be given the opportunity to win a drive in a real life KTM curtesy of an upcoming competition run in conjunction with KTM!

RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR Skin Pack.jpg

Speaking as part of the official licence announcement Licencing Manager of KTM Hannes Tribelnig commented:

"We are excited to be a partner of RaceRoom and look forward to seeing players getting in touch with our KTM X-Bow RR. The fastest will get a chance to prove their skills not only in the virtual- but also in the real world. Have fun and we hope to meet you soon."

Although no release date or price have been announced for the KTM X-Bow RR, judging by the attached screenshots, development looks to be a long way advanced and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that gamers might be finding the new car pack available to purchase in the very near future!

KTM X-Bow RR Specs
  • Mid-engine open two seater
  • Carbon composite monocoque
  • Audi 2.0 TFSI. Turbo-charged 4-cylinder.
  • 360hp @ 6800rpm
  • 500Nm @ 3600 rpm
  • 6 speed manual
  • Redline @ 7500rpm
  • Shiftpoint @ 6800-7000rpm
  • 40 liter fuel cell
  • 790kg (dry weight)
  • 37/63 weight distribution
  • 250 kg+ downforce at 200 kph
  • 200/610-17 & 240/640-18 slicks
  • Steering defaults are 792 degrees of rotation with a 25 degrees steerlock

RaceDepartment hold daily events using Sector3 Studios RaceRoom Racing Experience software. Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club to join in the racing action. Don't forget to have a browse through our R3E forums for news and discussions with your fellow sim racing fans.

RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR 1.jpg RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR Redbull Ring.jpg RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR Skin Pack Martini.jpg RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR Skin Pack side view.jpg RaceRoom KTM X-Bow RR.jpg
Do you like the new licence announcement from Sector3? Looking forward to trying out the new X-Bow in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So jumping on users who gives negative feedback of a game is considered constructive critisism here?
Jebus, the reply war is off topic. Topic here is the KTM release.

You can jump on people on the conversations posts.

But that is not only for you. I mean that you all. I only got your latest post as a reply since you were going off topic.

Name calling, troll feeding and other stuff, please do in the conversations.

To be fairly honest, I agree with you on the features stuff, it's imperative that S3 releases more features, this game is way too light on features still, though I'll keep getting the content I like seeing out.

Back to the topic folks, last thing I want to this is to become an inflamed topic.

Jebus, the reply war is off topic. Topic here is the KTM release.

You can jump on people on the conversations posts.

But that is not only for you. I mean that you all. I only got your latest post as a reply since you were going off topic.

Name calling, troll feeding and other stuff, please do in the conversations.

To be fairly honest, I agree with you on the features stuff, it's imperative that S3 releases more features, this game is way too light on features still, though I'll keep getting the content I like seeing out.

Back to the topic folks, last thing I want to this is to become an inflamed topic.

It seems that I may be one of the "Whingers" that wants more features rather than constant car releases. After spending hundreds of pounds on RRE tracks and cars (No I didn't buy the all inclusive pack last Christmas) I would like to be able to compete in endurance style races with night and day transitions and driver swaps. I have no problem with RRE as a sim, as I actually love playing it. However, I would just like a bit of concentration, by the developers, on the ability of the platform to deliver true, multi driver league racing, with realistic weather and night time effects. This would make this sim unbeatable. That's "My opinion" and I believe I've been able to post that on Race Department since the day I joined and subscribed over 2 years ago. Previous to that I was a fan of VirtualR which was spoilt by bickering and fan boys.

Please don't make this site go down the drain by putting down people's opinions when they don't agree with your own. We have enough of that **** to deal with in the UK after the Brexit vote so I don't want to come on here and read childish arguments when I come here to cheer myself up.

TVM.

Please don't make this site go down the drain by putting down people's opinions when they don't agree with your own. We have enough of that **** to deal with in the UK after the Brexit vote so I don't want to come on here and read childish arguments when I come here to cheer myself up.

TVM.
Nah, we ain't pulling a referendum just yet.

But gives an unlimited supply of pints to all of us in the staff zone to see what what we're capable of doing :p

Just gonna point out that this is the X-Bow RR and not R that everyone keeps referencing. Not that I expect there to be a day and night difference. Hopefully we'll see some of the other announced cars out earlier though, kinda looking forward to that M6.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back