kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Hi Kristiannn
I havent tried your mod yet but i just want to say THANKS for your efforts and time you put in this game. You are giving us hope that we can still enjoy this game. Codemasters should be ashamed and embarassed! All those guys over there getting paid big $$$ for releasing this product. If people have any feedback to give Kristiannn, please do it respectfully as he has worked hard on this mod.
Thanks again

@kristiannn
Hello, a little feedback. In my opinion the AI is way to slow, especially in a 100% Races. I don't know, but with this mod I didn't have any challenge on the track. Take a look at Rowing Ace's AI 1.2 -> there's more competition. The corner speeding is way to slow, too.
As I've took a look at the edited braking points, I've seen that you gave the AI to much braking distances. An example: Second corner melbourne you set a "0.94" or so and in my special file theres a "0.89" with a higher curve modifiere number. But I am not really sure if your track files are the problem, maybe it can be the database or an other file. If you want my melbourne to test let me know, but you can sure that you must pushing so hard to win. There no comparisation with any other mod. ;-)

Cheers, JayS

@kristiannn
Hello, a little feedback. In my opinion the AI is way to slow, especially in a 100% Races. I don't know, but with this mod I didn't have any challenge on the track. Take a look at Rowing Ace's AI 1.2 -> there's more competition. The corner speeding is way to slow, too.
As I've took a look at the edited braking points, I've seen that you gave the AI to much braking distances. An example: Second corner melbourne you set a "0.94" or so and in my special file theres a "0.89" with a higher curve modifiere number. But I am not really sure if your track files are the problem, maybe it can be the database or an other file. If you want my melbourne to test let me know, but you can sure that you must pushing so hard to win. There no comparisation with any other mod. ;-)

Cheers, JayS

I know there's a room for improvement but for now this will be it. As for Melbourne, it's one of the tracks I didn't give too much at. It's the first track that I made so it has plenty for room for improvement. The middle tracks are the ones which are made the best way. I just waited for RowingAce to release his mod and now I released mine. Over the weeks, there will be improvements, but I won't rush anything. These things need to be done very precisely and with lots and lots of testings. I have something on my mind actually, but we'll see if it will work like I want it to. If it works - I'll make the AI a lot harder in no time. :)

Honestly I don't think it's gonna be much faster than I made it. There is something going on in the exe that calculates the out of sight speed, that is different to the in sight speed. And that is somithing I don't think can be circumvented.
Best thing is to find that sweetspot, where out and in sight speed match up, which is pretty much the speed the player has on middle standard setup.

I'm happy to announce that what I wrote above that I was going to try - worked. Without changing any breaking points or/and cornering speeds I managed to decrease the IN SIGHT speed of all cars by 1 second. They're still not flying off the track or anything. I'll try to push them very hard.

IF someone finds a corner on which the AI is slow or is breaking too soon - please tell me. Just like Jays did with turn 2 on Australia.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I'm releasing lots of versions in no time because I saw that this guy in CM's forum is doing it like this and people like it more. You don't have to start a new career when changing between versions of my mod.

@ kristiann: I tried the version 2.1 of your mod. is fantastic, you've actually fixed the braking distance and time of AI cars no longer possible to approach them on the brakes. I noticed one thing though, the AI ​​cars do not block the wheels under braking and never in my opinion it would be nice to see the AI cars make overtaking under braking to wheels locked. But I do not know if it is feasible as a thing.

hey kristiannn,
did you increase the overall ai speed? meaining that they are now much faster than pre mod 2.1? or did you just adjust braking points without increasing their lap time?

hey kristiannn,
did you increase the overall ai speed? meaining that they are now much faster than pre mod 2.1? or did you just adjust braking points without increasing their lap time?

They're faster but a new mod is coming soon on which they'll be a lot faster. I'm still only testing but Melbourne: 1.22.8 lap times. Spain: 1.18.6. India: 1.23.2. You can freely play with V2.1 now, you won't have to start a new career or anything with the new version so... :p

@ kristiann: I tried the version 2.1 of your mod. is fantastic, you've actually fixed the braking distance and time of AI cars no longer possible to approach them on the brakes. I noticed one thing though, the AI ​​cars do not block the wheels under braking and never in my opinion it would be nice to see the AI cars make overtaking under braking to wheels locked. But I do not know if it is feasible as a thing.

I tried to make them overtake on breaking but as you see, they were crashing into each other. It's just not possible to make it properly.

They're faster but a new mod is coming soon on which they'll be a lot faster. I'm still only testing but Melbourne: 1.22.8 lap times. Spain: 1.18.6. India: 1.23.2. You can freely play with V2.1 now, you won't have to start a new career or anything with the new version so... :p

OMG, it's too fast for me even with 2.1! how can I reduce the AI speed? simply not copying the track files?

After Singapore 100% race, legend difficulty, i have to say it's a superb mod! Well done kristiann! finished 3rd (Ferrari) 18 sec behind Vettel who was flying.I had to push all the time! Minor incidents with smaller teams without safety car.A trully stunning race! Well done again!

After Singapore 100% race, legend difficulty, i have to say it's a superb mod! Well done kristiann! finished 3rd (Ferrari) 18 sec behind Vettel who was flying.I had to push all the time! Minor incidents with smaller teams without safety car.A trully stunning race! Well done again!

Thanks. Did you notice any slow corners? I mean, too late breaking and etc on any corner of the track? Because I'm improving the tracks, and 1 less run @ Singapore would be great! :D

I tested your mod and everything seems good for now, only that qualification times are a bit strange. There is always a bigger gap between the 8th and 9th or the 2nd and 3rd places. Around a second. And the qualification times in istanbul are slow, I ran with torro rosso a 1:25:599 and it was enough for pole time. In rowing aces mod the pole time says 1:23:600.

I tested your mod and everything seems good for now, only that qualification times are a bit strange. There is always a bigger gap between the 8th and 9th or the 2nd and 3rd places. Around a second. And the qualification times in istanbul are slow, I ran with torro rosso a 1:25:599 and it was enough for pole time. In rowing aces mod the pole time says 1:23:600.
In rowing ace's mod the "fast forward" times are seconds quicker than the real times which they do on track. The lap times are going to be decreased a lot at the next update altho.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back