Cars KRB Tiga Lotus Esprit Silhouette

BawFc4f.jpg

Nice, that looks comfortable :roflmao:
Are you using one big texture for the floor? best way to go is to do those rivets with alpha channel on it's own small map, otherwise you'll end up with one huge map just to make them look good.
the only "padding" it has is the flaky paint :cautious: at least on all the photos I have

and yes, its one 4096x4096 texture for the whole interior right now in these pics. I thought about doing it with alpha, but its literally hundreds of rivets (I made a custom brush in Gimp for them..) and I have no idea how to do it in model with that alpha technique. And I don't want zfighting either

8h1zBWg.jpg

even more rivets (and it will get many more :roflmao:, proper submarine it is)

That's what I've thought, it'll be a killer to have a 4k interior map, you can get away with a single square of geometry for each bolt and using a very small texture with an alpha map + normal to get that rivet effect, shown here with bolts:

__custom_showroom_1517509889.jpg
__custom_showroom_1517509979.jpg

Polycount doesn't matter on your case (it will add up a lot) since they won't be visible in cockpit LR anyway, only when up close.

@A3DR I think in the context of 4k skins being normal it will be fine. I tested an additional normalmap, but it had hardly no visual influence. Atm whole kn5 size is still below 40 MB.

@A3DR I think in the context of 4k skins being normal it will be fine. I tested an additional normalmap, but it had hardly no visual influence. Atm whole kn5 size is still below 40 MB.
Well it's up to you, now you know what to do if at the end the file size ends up in 140mb or more :roflmao: (happens more often than you'd think! hehe)

Strange that you used a normal map and didn't notice a visual difference... most likely you need to bump up specular values and / or fresnel levels to make those details stand out.

Tweaking Normal Map colors, brightness, contrast would also help to get something. You'll be able to place those rivets very easily by using shrinkwrap modifier.

I just had an idea, I wonder how it would work to use ks_fewsnel_multimap_nm shader for such surfaces like interior panels, or worn out interior aluminum surfaces. Is it used for some cars @A3DR ? It is used in tracks making for terrains, and tarmac and more. I guess it would help a lot with such "uneven", "worn out" textures.

its still all in testing stage, I'll probably redo the rivet layer as currently they are still too big in general. I may try creating a second brush just for the NM, as the rivets in the car are a rather flush type that cause dimples in the sheet metal, just using a NM creator filter on the rivet layer gives the wrong result.

Regarding file size, I already have most textures in dds, and in general its way less than I used on the Audi, as there is less stuff overall. I just got better in UV-ing and atlasing of those - even tho the latest info from Gergo about how DIP and things work makes a lot of this rather useless.

And half of it this one texture :D

Those dimples from rivets looks good :)

Those in vertical panel looks good, but those in the horizontal are not. They could use less diffuse and more specularity. Anyway by using separate material for them you could have them in greater detail, and more control over them (just not sure about dimples), and win about 20-15MB. Of course you will loose a little on DIP.

When the car builder sees the above screenshot and tells you "eh, you got something wrong, the car is almost as wide as the R8" .. got wrong width from somewhere early one, missing almost 20cm in width.

thank god for the scale function, should be fixable without too much hassle

Last edited:
The car sound in the video - is that going to be the car's sound pack when released? Or is it a placeholder for now? There's nothing wrong with the sounds...I think they're quite good actually. I'm probably completely wrong about this, but in my head I imagined a rougher sound with lots of pops, squeaks and clanks. The Alzen Porsche 996 BiTurbo Turbinchen was more animalistic and the KRB Audi S1 Silhouette was bonkers and violent as the RPMs climbed. :D So, when I thought about your two other cars I just assumed the madness would continue. :cool:

On a side note...I can not believe that this car will be the first quality, built from scratch Lotus Esprit in AC. There is something about the Lotus Esprit street car that I just love. It's gotta have something to do with growing up in the 80s and lusting after it. The Esprit got quite a bit of attention back then.

The car sound in the video - is that going to be the car's sound pack when released? Or is it a placeholder for now? There's nothing wrong with the sounds...I think they're quite good actually. I'm probably completely wrong about this, but in my head I imagined a rougher sound with lots of pops, squeaks and clanks. The Alzen Porsche 996 BiTurbo Turbinchen was more animalistic and the KRB Audi S1 Silhouette was bonkers and violent as the RPMs climbed. :D So, when I thought about your two other cars I just assumed the madness would continue. :cool:

On a side note...I can not believe that this car will be the first quality, built from scratch Lotus Esprit in AC. There is something about the Lotus Esprit street car that I just love. It's gotta have something to do with growing up in the 80s and lusting after it. The Esprit got quite a bit of attention back then.

I'm considering a mid 90's Esprit to add to my collection after I'm done with the NFS cars. Not only it'll be a nice addition to the game, but it won't be too far from the NSX and 993 in terms of performance ;)

I took this video as reference:

There´s a few others, but basically I found it to be quite smooth and gentle actually. I think my recent of the car represents the sound a bit better with less audio compression.
Speaking of madness, once you hit the rev limiter full on, it sounds like the car is about to fall apart, at least to me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back