• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Kokomo Speedway Voted as Next iRacing Dirt Oval Addition

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,960
    iRacing Confirm Komoko Speedway.jpg
    The fans have spoken! Kokomo Speedway in Howard County, Indiana has been voted as the next dirt oval addition to iRacing.com!

“We are very appreciative of our fans voting us to be the next dirt track added to iRacing”, said Kokomo Speedway president Reece O’Connor. “Being available to race in iRacing will give existing fans a new way to experience our track as well as introduce legions of new fans to Kokomo. Personally, I can’t wait to race Kokomo online!”
    The opportunity for fans to vote for which track they would next like to see added to iRacing was a first for the long standing US based online racing simulation, allowing the players of the game a direct opportunity to influence the upcoming content selection in a title that is steadily building up an impressive collection of loose surface racing environments.

Players were given the opportunity to vote from a selection of five well know American dirt oval locations, and in something of a tease from the developers it has been confirmed that all tracks have already been laser scanned, meaning that early 2018 looks highly achievable for the release of Kokomo and furthermore the remaining tracks in the vote will all be coming to the game in future.. exciting times for dirt oval racing fans...

For the record, Kokomo won the poll by just 118 votes, beating other well known venues such as Fairbury American Legion Speedway, Lernerville Speedway, Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, Weedsport Speedway and Cedar Lake Speedway, with Fairbury finishing up in second place on the final list.

Furthermore iRacing have confirmed that the Charlotte dirt oval and a further unannounced circuit are already under development behind closed doors, both of which are scheduled for release early in the new year.

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing game available directly from iRacing.com or via the Steam network.

For more iRacing news and discussion head over to the iRacing sub forum and get involved in the community discussion today!

Happy to see Komoko Raceway coming to the simulation? Enjoying dirt oval racing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Matiozo

Matiozo

Ratings:
    +1

:whistling::D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +72
    Man... Lernerville would've been sick. There's no outside walls on the corners and backstretch. So if you make a mistake, you fly off the banking. It's really punishing. I had so much fun there in the old RatBag Dirt Track Racing games.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    ...To be honest, I'm still not really interested by dirt... but I understand that if iracing does it, that's because lots of people ask for it so, great for them :)
    ..Strange thing that the track winning the vote is a track that had already be scanned by the team...
    @++

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +34
    Going in a constant circle...is not for me... dirt or asphalt...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Lucas oil offroad series/Torc series is the dirt racing I want to see!!!

7. Matt Orr

Matt Orr

Ratings:
    +264
    They already have the tracks scanned - or at the very least licensed and access to them - it was just a vote on the production order of them. 1/2 mile dirt track in the middle of nowhere, USA =/= FIA Grade 1 circuit on the other side of the planet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sebduloiret

sebduloiret

Ratings:
    +0
    i'had try it one time ,but turning in lil circle as when i was kid on a carroussel are not my cup of tea and gives me pain in the skull lol :D

9. leseb64

leseb64

Ratings:
    +118
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Cody White

Cody White

Ratings:
    +157
    1/4 mile dirt track...and probably other than Eldora, Knoxville, and the Grove, its up there in popularity. It is the best bullring in the state of Indiana for sure!

11. Cody White

Cody White

Ratings:
    +157