1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobalt 200 Las Vegas March 10th 8pm EST

Discussion in 'Xbox One | NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series' started by Michael Watts, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Kobalt 200
    Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    March 10th 8pm

[​IMG]

Track Record: 196.378mph Time: 27.498

Practice 3%
    Qualifying 3%
    Race 50%
    Sim Physics
    Custom Setups
    CAUTION SPEED 55mph

*** New Rules for Cautions ***
    -"Lucky Dog":
    After Caution is "Waved" Pits are Closed until we form up. Lucky Dog Driver (First car a lap down) will be able to go around the outside of the track passing cars on their right and get lap back. "Lucky Dog" will be able to Pit and catch up before we go "Green". The field will run an extra caution lap if nessesary for the "Lucky Dog" to catch up and start at the rear of the field.
    -"Wave Arounds":
    Will be on an Honor System, however, if you are a lap down or multiple laps down You may get your lap back if you choose not to pit. You will be allowed to travel around the field/Leader on the "1 Lap to Go" and catch up to the back of the field. Due to worn tires "Wave Arounds" must start at the back of the field behind any possible "Lucky Dog" and Accident Involved cars.

Entry List:
    1.Bob Warren, Peak/Menards Chevy SS #27
    2.Michael Watts, Arris Toyota Camry #19
    3.Lucas Gortman, Dollar General Toyota Camry #20
    4.Shawn Gortman, Furniture Row Toyota Camry #78
    5. Colin Papas, Florida Fresh Ford Fusion #43

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    The 78 car will be in for this one also.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +19
    Colin Pappas and the 43 Fresh From Florida Ford Fusion will be racing for sure this weekend! Already spoke with the wifey about it! Should be a fun first race for me.

4. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,856
    #21 will unfortunately be out this week. Parents need some help in VA, and they are getting old. Late notice unfortunately, but I have not seen them in a while. Should be back Sat. before the snow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +19
    Rob, have a safe trip!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    I hate to see that you'll miss the race Rob. I hope you have a safe trip... In other news I am finally putting the beach chair and cardboard box out of commission and finally put the money on a racing seat it will should be here by the time we race at auto club

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Safe Travels Rob Family First. Cool news Taco! Hope you can snap a picture when it comes in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CKxWhalefan26

CKxWhalefan26

Ratings:
    +3
    Nicholas Raill and the #32 Keen Parts Ford will be present.

9. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,856
    How did it go? Or are you all still racing?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    No we got done around 10:30 last night. Pretty good race with some real long green flag runs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +19
    Even though the end of the race was kinda messed up, I had a blast running around in the top 5 for most of the race.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Yeah it was good to have you out there Colin. If we do switch to Skype we will need to have all drivers in the club as I think I can send a game invite to all in the club. As far as ending the race we need to figure out when we can cut off cautions so we can finish under Green. It may be track specific. Maybe we can throw a Red flag before there are 3 laps to go. Then have a Green White Checkered finish. Still learning each and every time we go out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    In spite of some really extreme lagging toward the end , the race was good battle in a few places on the track. Position for 4th , 5th , and 6th was starting to tighten up and looked like a good battle was about to happen for the last few laps until the 43 got taken out by the lag and then the 27 ( Me ) was the next to meet his demise from the lag . Up front it sounded like it was about the same with the 19 and the 20 as the leader just went about his business of Fast ( great job ). Other than a few mistakes, I think we are learning each others driving styles and the racing is getting better as we become more patient on restarts also. Good race and it was fun.. See you all and maybe a few more at Auto Club.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    It was a great race. I love those long green runs. The most exciting was battling the 88 when (20) me was on the bottom and the 88 all the way at the top of the track and I was keeping him back and when the 19 was on my bumper. I'm glad that I have a car that can run up there I just need to work alittle harder to get that win... My car could run fast on the high side but I could race more defensively on the bottom. The red flag idea sounds great Mike so when we have that caution we 4 to go or 3 to go some of the smaller tracks it might be harder but the longer ones will work perfectly . I can't wait for some more racing :)

15. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,856
    You might want to make it harder for a caution to be "called" so to speak. On many occasions, even a two car spin is inconsequential to the rest of the field. Now, instead of punishing those who wrecked (I realize not everyone is always to blame), a driver initiated caution not only is overused, but incentives the at-fault driver to gain benefit from a mistake. Sure they have to pit, but w/o damage, that's not an adverse consequence. And many times, it actually helps the involved parties. I know it has me. Especially at the end of Atlanta.

Unless cars are sitting on the track (which is more likely at smaller tracks), or there is "the big one" at a larger track, we should continue to race. Then, cautions would decrease and those involved would actually get a penalty (as cars go by) instead of just a reset. A guaranteed red flag at three to go = a three lap race.

Also, the Atlanta race took 2.5 hours. Personally, a 3-4 hour race would be a no-go for me, and that's what would happen at the shorter tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree whole heartedly to the limits of cautions as well. That long great flag run that we had was great and I truly believe that we should have that more often.

I get it, lag does happen and it was poor judgement on my part to have said caution with 3 to go... it's just frustrating when you are battling with two other people for position and a laggy, much slower car ends up messing it up. Overall though, it is only race 3 of a very long season and it was a great race.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    I like this alot definitely for the smaller tracks. Also it makes drivers drive more carefully because if they're involved and its only a two car spin it hurts a lot worse. Now with a bigger field It might be alittle harder to police but all in all its a good idea

18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Yeah, I agree. This is my first NASCAR league, so I'm open to constructive suggestions. I was disappointed with the #6 car last race. He may not be back in the next race. But I won't block someone out if they're just slow. As long as they can maintain a line they're in. There are slower drivers in every race in real life and negotiating lap traffic is all part of the deal. Granted the #6 was nearly impossible to pass and was all over the track and ended up lag spiking two other cars. If you want, you can record the race and we can use that for a protest if you feel like you get screwed by someone in the race. I'm going to download Twitch tonight and make sure I start recording my races.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Ratings:
    +10
    Microphones should be MANDATORY, period. The #6 caused numerous issues, but it may all have been connection related, with lag being evident late in the race. Either way, some explanation or apology would have been nice. We all make mistakes, but to suffer in silence was infuriating. Rant over, mic drop.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Colin Pappas

Colin Pappas

Ratings:
    +19
    Mike, I didn't mean to offend anyone by stating "Slower drivers". Slower drivers are to be expected.