Resource icon

Apps Kissmyrank - Local Assetto Corsa Server Plugin 1.6f

Login or Register an account to download this content
@noxxfaxx if you make a fresh install and just launch the plugin, you'll get the Setup Wizard that will guide you through the process.
This will help to get the critical configuration options right.
You can then edit config.json and setup the rest.

For the track list you can verify it here: http://jsonparseronline.com/ post only the part after : and before the , like:
Code:
[{"track": "ks_silverstone", "config": "national", "races": 10},{"track": "ks_vallelunga", "config": "extended_circuit", "races": 10}, {"track": "ks_barcelona", "config": "layout_gp", "races": 10}, {"track": "spa", "config": "", "races": 10}, {"track": "magione", "config": "", "races": 10}, {"track": "mugello", "config": "", "races": 10}, {"track": "imola", "config": "", "races": 10}, {"track": "monza", "config": "", "races": 10}, {"track": "ks_nurburgring", "config": "layout_gp_a", "races": 10}]

You can do it with the whole config.json too to verify if it's correct when you're done.

Good evening again, I noticed that all the administrator commands work well, the only thing that fails is the next_session that takes players out of the server. V. 0.6e

next_track kicks players because Assetto Corsa has no native rotation support.
To rotate it needs to stop and relaunch the server.
If you install this launcher mod you will auto reconnect: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kissmyrank-assetto-corsa-multiplayer-launcher-mod.18198/ ;).

next_session should not really kick players unless it's track switch time (e.g. you already played the amount of races that you specified in the track list ;)).
If it happens in other cases, can you show me the Kissmyrank console log for this problem?

Last edited:
Brioche updated Kissmyrank - Local Assetto Corsa Server Plugin with a new update entry:

Version 0.6g

v0.6g Fixed an error with UDP Relay not starting due to recent changes. New track_list, current_track, track_rotate_to, track_get_races, track_set_races, add_track, edit_track, remove_track, save_track_list, edit_config console commands. Added Startup Backup of config.json (since now you can permanently update the config at runtime, you might need a backup if you want to revert some edits).

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the review one comment says “ it will keep out bad drivers! “
I would like to understand how.
Also, what do you mean by “self consistent”, the definition I found is :
self-con·sis·tent
ˈˌself kənˈsistnt/
adjective
  1. not having parts or aspects that are in conflict or contradiction with each other; consistent.
    "the theory is both rigorous and self-consistent"
I am not sure to understand how that applies to what this app is trying to achieve.

Ups, it looks like a poor translation from Italian. It should say "self-contained" sorry, my bad, I'll fix it. Thank you for the tip.
Regarding the other part of your question, everything is relative and it depends on your definition of bad driver and good driver.
There are more than 30 settings in the plugin and I think that we can safely assume that whoever runs the plugin can set penalty and rewards according to his own definition of good driver. The nice part about this plugin is that it puts control in your hands (you can disable and enable what you wish) so you can decide what to reward and what to punish.
Anyway if this is not enough for you, you have a good choice of other rating systems. Your choice will help to shape the gameplay on your server and I cannot be anything but happy if you're satisfied with whatever choice you make :).

Thank you @Brioche for this reply and the other one in the support forum, I have a better idea of what that app can achieve. It is ambitious but also very relevant.
Adding a reponsability level to the racing experience in form of reward and punishment is a great step in the right direction. I will look for a server that is implementing your app and see how different the experience is.
I always drive as if I had to pay for the repairs, even though sometime I could probably be faster by not caring, but for me driving like if it was real is where I get my kick. Finding a group which also enjoy what I enjoy could be a nice addition to my enjoyment of sim(ulation) driving/racing.

Brioche updated Kissmyrank - Local Assetto Corsa Server Plugin with a new update entry:

Version 0.6h

v0.6h New Car Towing Cost. On a regular racing day, you're always driving to the pits. If you park the car, someone will have to come and tow it unless your pit crew is near enough to push it. If "car_towing_cost" is set and you go back to pits without driving, you'll have to pay the car towing fee (set "car_towing_cost" to 0 to disable). This feature should allow for better immersion for those who like to have it on their servers. Added configuration for the clean gain reward (previously it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It would be good if at the end of each race it appeared who is the one who has won the most and who has lost the most. In the statistics of the web would be very good who has won more money or lost more money weekly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind although the end race chat is already getting a few messages and it's nice to leave some room for real people chat (congratulations and discussion about the race). I normally keep the web browser open in background and check the online list for that. It's very useful to learn what drivers are good and which ones are more "risky".
Maybe an ingame app would be more appropriate for this (with more time in the future ;)).
Regarding weekly stats, I have to see if this can be made in a lightweight way. I want the plugin to stay light for the moment.
If I decide to expand the web portion, I'll surely consider your idea.

Congratulations Brioche for this great contribution.
One complaint; On my out lap I was behind a guy on a hot lap, about 20 meters, he made a mistake and went wide out off the track invalidating his lap, I passed him and was kicked. It is not fair since he was no longer in a qualifying lap.
Regards.

Assetto Corsa doesn't send information in real time about a car being out of track. Currently the hotlap protection is disabled whenever the speed drops too much but I can't make this too strict or it might disengage on slow corners.
On default setting you have about 12 seconds to make a clear getaway so my suggestion is to stay behind until the car in front makes a real mistake that allows you to gain 50 meters fast. If in the future the servers sends real time info about cuts I can improve this.

Seemed to work OK, except the rules need tweaking.

It likes to block cars and force them to stay lapped.
Such as: car slow vs car fast, fast gets lapped due to race circumstances (pit, crash, ...) by slow, now when fast wants to overtake slow AC gives blue flag and KMR in most cases kicks the fast car... because KMR doesn't seem to understand pace differences nor see that the distance between cars is increasing and fast is not some troll purposefully blocking.
This may not be a problem in very short races with drivers putting down the same times but in longer ones and with varying driver performances it is.
It's a blue flag given after overtake, where the car you're overtaking did not overtake you very recently. In normal racing you can go and overtake freely but with KMR you're locked down to that position in many cases unless the slow car goes off track or does some other mistake. In close racing they will simply sit in draft giving you endless blue flag long enough for KMR to kick you even though you may be doing 2s per 2min lap faster times, KMR ignores paces and immediate car distances.

Otherwise it seemed to work OKish, except the rules for league use would need to be configurable so that one can give penalties, warnings, etc. instead of a kick. Although leagues at least in games that support spectating will have the track situation watched by organizers to do this.

The usual Q mishaps as mentioned above, KMR doesn't really recognize right when someone is on hotlap or not, sometimes it kicks people for invalid reason and other times it doesn't prevent blockers either. Too simple of a system I believe unable to tell the paces and who's doing what. The straight out of pits blocking prevention seems to work I suppose but when cars meet mid Q and someone is behaving badly by blocking KMR doesn't know.

You drive enough in a field of varying performances and you see it all. Get kicked for invalid reasons etc.

Indeed some of this may be out of 3rd party hands and is left to the whim of Kunos, what they decide to report to 3rd party or not and how fast. All this should be standard configurable features honestly, not left to 3rd party. Sadly that is not how AC devs want to do things, they offload most features to 3rd parties :(

Personally I think it works better than the centralized MR. Which I find quite useless and it doesn't prevent wreckers from joining unless one locks it to A or AB only. Where as KMR will resolve wreckers by itself, ruining their virtual money account etc. automatic restart and so on, gets annoying sure when there are 5+ restarts and you're doing fine up the field yet there are many crashes down the field by less experienced drivers or wreckers. This is not uncommon in real racing either, people pile up and wreck each other further down in the field where it gets too crowded after a start, everyone panicking trying to win before T1 or slowing down too much, changing direction into someone else, ...

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I appreciate it.

Regarding the hotlap/lapping protection. It's all configurable. Right now the default warn grace is set to 12s so you have 12 seconds to gain 50 meters if you want to unlap yourself. Since the plugin runs slightly low refresh (1000ms) these 50m might expand and shrink a little when there is a strong acceleration/braking spot.
The default setting is a compromise. I can mostly unlap myself if I have a good pace, I was never kicked so far but if you think that the time is not enough you can just increase the warned carn grace.
In quali it's different, if you are on the outlap there is no reason to overtake a car in the hotlap.
A different matter is if you saw the guy going off track but unfortunately I have no way to detect that in an efficient way. I thought about mapping the track but I dropped the idea for now. This kind of project would be too time consuming so for the moment I didn't even consider it.
If in the future the AC server generates an event for this, then I can handle this just fine.
In any case you just need to observe caution, wait for the guy to make a mistake and gain enough space quickly.
As I said I was never kicked once.

Other than that in a league race you could easily set the warned_car_grace to 30 seconds and that would be it.
However regarding the kick, it's surely a good observation. I can try to give an option for money based penalty instead of kick. Unlapping will cost you a bit then if you do not have enough pace :D.

AC server doesn't report when car's wheels go off? Such as 1-4 wheels are off. And yeah it doesn't invalidate their KMR hotlap status I believe.

I sometimes drive on french .tk server with DTMs, and I hold fastest track times for all 3 cars quite often. Still I can get kicked or locked behind cars if I'm under blue and can't unblue unless the car in front makes a big mistake. On Monza it's particularly difficult as if I overtake on corner exit, they draft me and stay there, no way to gain enough distance even I'm if slowly going away and they aren't sitting on my tail most of the time.

Oh I don't mind paying in the KMR money, yesterday finally someone made me have 2nd biggest account balance because I stopped driving :D So fine away ;)

I guess they have the default settings there, unfortunately I couldn't get registered on their forum to discuss things, would have to get on their TS and since I don't speak French I'm not sure it would be of much help.

Usually not a problem since I'm leading Qualification and Race but in the times say when I mid race join, when it was allowed maybe still is, or they wreck me and I do a pit to repair I can be under blue and then notice these instances where it can be almost impossible to unblue. Same in Q I think when as you said they may go off track and return but still get in my draft or something and I get kicked. Though I don't really mind the Q personally as I may just not Q at all and start last for fun.

Why I'm mentioning this is that I'm sometimes quite significantly doing faster pace by 1-4 seconds per 2 min lap and these kicks can still happen. I'm sure for people who are more in similar pace under 1s difference it's a common thing and it can be seen sometimes from the server message log that people are getting kicked quite a bit at times.

If it can be tuned, well it's up to those that use the server app to fine tune it.

Do you know what servers use it? I've so far only seen the french DTM server with KMR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back