Kimi Raikkonen

I never liked him, fast on track but that was about it, nothing interesting to do with him at all, he never had his hearti n F1 for many years it seemed, so i was glad indeed when he left. :)

I am also a fan of Kimi regardless of the team he was in.
I followed his carrear from the Melbournce 2001 to Abu Dhabi 2009 and I must say his determination to win and his 'cool' driving style really got to me.
I also liked the fact that he dared to be himself in a world of F1 where every driver needs to be interviewed and answer questions in a civil manner.
He didn't do that nor did he show any emotions and that's why I like him, I still remember the day he won the 2007 WDC and on the interview he said in his finnish monotone voice and expressionless face: 'It feels fantastic'! ;)

What I didn't like about Kimi was the feeling I got that he thought he was above F1.
He always gave the impression of self-importance and that he was bigger than the team/sport.

He was never THAT good in my opinion.
Not good enough to have that kind of attitude anyway.

He was a great driver.
What sucked about him is that he had almost no "face" expression whatsoever. It was like talking to a wall.
The Ice-man. I think we all saw Kimmi not care much after 2007. BUT a lot of people doubt him in 2007 @ Ferrari saying "He isnt Schumacher and cannot win a championship for Ferrari" and look at the fatal mistake Ron Dennis did. Put a double WC and a agressive but talented Lewis. At the end he had to back Lewis most of the time or extreme riots would of broken in Britain.
That issue destabilized Mclaren and also the spy gate issue. Kimmi wont that his WC fair and square.

i liked when he was asked why he didn't turn up to the presentation for schuey the first time he retired, and he simply said 'i had to take a s**t haha'

legend

See part of me sees the funny side of that, but part of me thinks "who do you think you are?".
Regardless of if it's Schumacher's presentation or some test driver's birthday celebration in the motor home, you don't say that to the media about why you didn't go. Massively arrogant and disrespectful.

I've never heard that story before, but he wasn't good enough to warrant having that much of an attitude problem. What a blank.

See part of me sees the funny side of that, but part of me thinks "who do you think you are?".
Regardless of if it's Schumacher's presentation or some test driver's birthday celebration in the motor home, you don't say that to the media about why you didn't go. Massively arrogant and disrespectful.

I've never heard that story before, but he wasn't good enough to warrant having that much of an attitude problem. What a dick.

You call that an attitude problem, I call that an avarage finn :p

On a serious note, I think he was just joking with the reporters on that one. When you get interviewd by various media throughout a weekend you're bound to get bored and sick with it at some point.
My point is I can't see where you see Raikkonen being massively arrogant and disrespectful, if that's the case I think some media moments by Montoya or Hamilton has been far worse.

Tbh I think he was one of the drivers that thought you get in the car, you race and then you go home.He moved up the ranks rapidly and I doubt he experienced any media commitments unroll he got f1, once he saw how it worked he instantly hated it and disagreed with doing anything other then race.He says he idolises James hunt who himself cared little about media commitments and just wanted to race, so I guess that's where it came from.

I dont want to start an argument but i really dont see what people like in him, his interviews are boring and he shows no emotion or happiness or anything. hes like a robot that gets in the car, drives, then gets out and thats it. Im not saying i dislike him, im just saying that i cant understand how people are "huge fans" of him.

Anyone who enters a powerboat race dressed in a gorilla suit is awesome in my book, especially if you get plastered and fall off it after the race. i may be merging 2 things into 1 but even separate, that's worthy of praise

Kimi appears to be one of those guys who's naturally gifted behind the wheel....but has little tolerance for the other things behind the scenes. He does not appear to be the kind of guy who's interested in PR stuff. That's a big part of the money to manufacturers and sponsors. I'm guessing Ferrari wanted more of that and he was having none of it.

I've never heard that story before, but he wasn't good enough to warrant having that much of an attitude problem. What a blank.

What you have to remember is he grew up in a very different environment to me and you. After winning the WDC what else is there? Win it again? and again? What's the point when the sport is in such a horrid state. Especially when he can get paid lots of money to leave and go do something he enjoys. Seems like he made the right choice to me. For me he was one of the more down to earth drivers that saw F1 for what it was.

Williams could be a good car for Kimi if they improve to Renault's start of the season level, was enough to do something special under certain conditions, and without all the stuff surounding the team that Kimi hates.

it could be i agree, but il reserve judgement for a while as they have lost a couple of important heads in terms of design and development in my eyes. but i would like to see them back at the front, regardless of who is driving their cars. More cars battling for race wins the better for us as viewers/fans i guess :D

Kimi appears to be one of those guys who's naturally gifted behind the wheel....but has little tolerance for the other things behind the scenes. He does not appear to be the kind of guy who's interested in PR stuff. That's a big part of the money to manufacturers and sponsors. I'm guessing Ferrari wanted more of that and he was having none of it.

That's totally understandable and a statement I agree with. Its's something often associated more with creatives such as designers/painters/writers who are incredibly gifted and talented but find it incredibly difficult to work for others do to the external constraints it places on their art. There are cases of it in all sports, there are at least 2 examples of premiership footballers who have consistently throughout their careers commented openly on how they don't really like the game. There are 100s of people just like them in all walks of life who work in jobs/companies they don't like but they happen to be incredibly good in them/there. Maybe Kimmi's story is little more complicated than that.

well we might all be seing him again next year, judging by whats coming out of the rumour mill these days! although quite why he wants to go to williams is beyond me!

I think that's a less difficult question to answer if he was to come back. The challenge a team like Williams can offer is something unlike anything the likes of Ferrari/McLaren could offer. Although I think their wage budget would be better spent on Nick Heidfeld but if I got my way, Nick would get Schumi's seat in the all German team.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%