Kimi Raikkonen

Oh yes I hope this is true.

I'm a big fan of Kimi and I'd like to see at a team that will let him thrive in his own way. I was worried when he went to Ferrari because of it being a very tight family. Kimi is an individual which is why Mclaren suited him and hopefully if he goes to Merc then this will be the case again and we'll get to see the true Kimi back again:)

Raikkonen would consider Mercedes

Kimi Raikkonen would be willing to consider a race seat at Mercedes Grand Prix next season - but only if the team could convince him it will be good enough to fight for race wins and the world championship.

Raikkonen is currently facing the prospect of taking a sabbatical from Formula 1 next year after he could not reach an agreement with his preferred option McLaren for a drive alongside Lewis Hamilton. With his talks there stalled, McLaren instead completed a deal with Jenson Button.

Although Raikkonen said recently that it was McLaren or nothing for him in F1 next year, Button's shock exit from the former Brawn GP team may have changed the situation.

Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson said on Thursday that although a sabbatical remained the most likely outcome, the 2007 world champion would listen to any offer that Mercedes made if it was interested.

"This is Formula 1. If they can offer, or convince us, that they can provide Kimi an opportunity that Kimi is happy with, and that we are happy with, and he feels he can win races and the championship, then never say never," Robertson told AUTOSPORT about the situation with Mercedes GP. "There is always a possibility."

He added: "There are not that many teams that would appeal to Kimi because he is honest when he says he has got to have a car to win. He is not interested in the money.

"Of course, money is a part of it but he doesn't need the money. He wants a car where he can show his talent. He was very frustrated this year by the fact that he could not win more races and challenge for the championship.

"When you have been in F1 for nine years and been a world champion then you need challenges – and for Kimi the challenge is to win championships and races."

Robertson said that Raikkonen had the desire to compete at the top level in F1 and that even if he went off and did rallying for a year, he would definitely work hard to find a seat with a front-running F1 team for 2011.

When asked if Raikkonen had the hunger to get back into F1, Robertson said: "Yes. As far as Kimi is concerned he has unfinished business - if the opportunity is there to win races and another championship. That is his main goal.

"Now it looks like he is not doing F1 we will look at other options. Rallying, or something else – but there is nothing firmed up in that area yet because F1 has only just finished for us in the last few days. Now it is the time to discuss other things."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80215

• Wido Rossen

A dutch news site is reporting that Raikkonen will " NOT " race next year.
Instead he will concentrate on his rallying career.

Raikkonen to Negotiate with Mercedes GP

Norbert Haug has confirmed that Kimi's managers have called to Mercedes GP's Nick Fry to open negotiations.

"This is normal behaviour as long as there's a seat to be filled. Other drivers and their representatives have done the same. No decisions has been made yet" says Haug.

Source in Finnish:
http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/formula1/a...elä+Mercedes+Grand+Prixn+kanssa/1135250885855

It looks like Kimi racing 2010 won't happen doesn't it? I really hoped for Kimi to stay, now I'm not sure if I feel like watching much next season although I do hope Massa will come back strongly. However, one must wonder, is it winning F1 or building an even bigger fortune that matters the most? It sure seems Kimi is mostly motivated by the money. Like he would need much more of it...

The new rumors are that he is a few "small details" away from a contract with Citroen for next year. Apparently, he will contest all 13 rounds of the WRC next season.

Awesome.

Title.

I am a huge fan of him and I was always wondering why he left. I heard many stories and saw his interview at Suzuka but I still don't know why he left. Maybe some of you do know? Feel free to help me. lol

From what i gather his heart really wasn't in F1 anymore and as such he wanted to explore other things. Farrari wanted Alonso at the same time so it was a payout to go which he accepted with no problems. Do not really think there was much else to it to be honest

I dont want to start an argument but i really dont see what people like in him, his interviews are boring and he shows no emotion or happiness or anything. hes like a robot that gets in the car, drives, then gets out and thats it. Im not saying i dislike him, im just saying that i cant understand how people are "huge fans" of him.

I've heard quotes from people in Ferrari management saying that they were never sure if Kimi was going to show up because he seemed so dis-interested at times.

I can't remember what race it was but there was a red flag or stoppage in qualifying or something and instead of Kimi staying in the car in the pits, he was seen wandering down the pit lane with an ice cream.

I think it's a mixture of him being bored and Ferrari wanting to make way for Alonso.

@Tom: I'm a fan of his driving. He is a really great and talented driver who should be atleast a 2 time World Champion. And in a really $hitty Ferrari in 2009. he managed 2nd place in Hungary, 3rd in Monza, 3rd somewhere else and actually won in Spa. That's why I like him.

@Chris: Haha, yeah I remember that. That was funny as hell. I read somewhere that Ferrari's well main sponsor Santander paid big money for Alonso to be in Ferrari.

I dont want to start an argument but i really dont see what people like in him, his interviews are boring and he shows no emotion or happiness or anything. hes like a robot that gets in the car, drives, then gets out and thats it. Im not saying i dislike him, im just saying that i cant understand how people are "huge fans" of him.

Glad you said it :) I feel the same way. His racing style wasn't really spectacular in his F1 days either. He was pretty fast for sure, and I think people would like to be fan of the champion.

I prefer a Kubica or Kobayashi over drivers like Kimmi

@chris also. yeah that was pretty funny.

i liked kimi. thought he was a pretty effortless driver. away from the track though he liked to smash down vodkas and party like a drunken viking. i miss kimi.

I liked Kimi during his Rookie year in 2001 in the Sauber, he really did perform well despite the lack of racing experience before. However, when he moved to McLaren, his personality was more exposed and I just didn't like his personality. Over the years, I disliked him more and more, to the point I was glad he left F1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 286 13.5%