• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Killarney for Race07?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Xavier de Carvalho, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Hi

I was wondering, can somebody please (legally) convert the Killarney track from rFactor to Race07? Zwartkops would be nice too. I don't have the tools to do so.

Thanks

2. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    Is anyone able to do this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. respawned

respawned

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been working on my own version of Killarney (no conversion). It's still not quite finished, in fact I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has driven the track.
    Here is the beta version if you would like to try it. Up till now I have used Google Earth and video footage as reference, if you know the track and can suggest improvements that would be really great :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iqta2vpz86igk00

• Like Like x 1
  4. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Hi respawned, only saw your reply now. I will be happy to do testing, I would like to ask for your permission to share the file with a friend as he races on the track more regularly and will be able to give much better feedback than I. Will download and do a bit of testing myself this week.

5. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    Nice first attempt. I like it.

6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    I agree,nice work!

7. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    This track looks more real than the Rfactor one, much more attention to detail. Nice job:).

8. Kieron Swart

Kieron Swart

Ratings:
    +143
    Ok so Myself and National Polo Cup Driver Jano vd Westhuizen who races nationals on that circuit tested the circuit,

10 out of 10 from both of us... :)

Just If you could make changes could you do the following:
    - add Brake Points "150m , 100m , 50 m"

Once again thanks so much for making this circuit, tested a WTCC 08 BMW and managed to get a 1.17.535 without much play on setup.. ;) What times you guys getting?

9. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Yeah, braking points would make it damn near perfect. Got a 1:15.9 in a scirocco. Got a 1:30.4 in an E3 GTI, both times done with the default set up. in a f3000 or formula raceroom car you can get around in under 1:00.00

10. Kieron Swart

Kieron Swart

Ratings:
    +143
    Ja F1 Car i got easy under 1min after 2 laps HAHA but struggling to find braking points :O_o:

11. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Once you hit the bus stops count to 2, it should be last minute braking and then throw the car into the corner lol. flat through turn 4 while going a bit side ways. 1st corner is 3rd gear and turn with your right foot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Craig Hume

Craig Hume

Ratings:
    +53
    This is super close. Got a massive smile on my face when i went out on track. Racing here tomorrow actually, so was good refresher (even though i am only racing part of the track) :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    1:22.272 in a Clio Cup Car:thumbsup: come Kieron i'm waiting for you to beat it:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1