• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Kilimanjaro February 2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scott Malcolm, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
    nearly time to go!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ATM I've raised £1428 and there's still money coming in.

Fly from Edinburgh at 2pm on Thurs expected to arrive at Kilimanjaro Int Airport 12pm Friday (3 flights) , spend Friday night in the hotel then head off on Saturday morning to do a "once in a lifetime" experiance. We should......I mean will be on the summit Thursday morning.

Photos will appear in this thread when I come back , so watch this space.

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +198
    Wow, I'd love to do something like that,! Would feel so rewarding, good luck to you!!

My friends and I were talking about going to India with this group in 2011, fundraise the money through and make a difference to people out there... would be an awesome experience.

3. Terri Buenaflor

Terri Buenaflor

Ratings:
    +5
    Good luck and God bless!!

4. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,716
    That's a great mission mate! I wish you good luck and keep us updated please :)

5. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
    all packed now ....I think...well I hope....to late now to get anything else......the butterlies are starting now!!!!!

6. Nick Deeley

Nick Deeley

Ratings:
    +42
    Good luck, and have fun :)

dont look down ;)

7. Scott Malcolm

Scott Malcolm

Ratings:
    +21
  8. tattooduck

tattooduck

Ratings:
    +0
    You will have an awesome time, I did it in Feb of 2007 at the start of a month long vacation. On a clear day you can see the mountain from the airport.I did 2 weeks in Kenya and 2 weeks in Tanzania. If you are there for a while and do any safaris I highly suggest the hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti, to be able to see 100,000+ wildabeast and zebras making their annual migration was something I will never forget. Visiting a massi tribal village was a real eye opener as well. If your In Nairobi for a day check out the Carnivore resturant and the elephant orphanage, you won't be disappointed.