Kickstarting 'Elite: Dangerous'

Hello everyone!

I'd like to take a moment to describe exactly what the Elite series of space simulators is about, but honestly, I'll let your memories (should you be a fellow who enjoyed games from '84 and thereafter, especially those of the space-sim sort) and their kickstarter page speak for themselves.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

If you are at all into space simulators, this is what you'll want to support. They started out slow with a less than mediocre way of showing the product in development, but with the latest updates, in terms of videos and screenshots aswell as concept art, this has turned over massively. I myself pledged 45£ for the cause, and wish for nothing but this game to become a reality. So many memories from my childhood during the '90's are from playing Frontier: Elite 2.

Elite: Dangerous is to become the 4th game in the series, and also the most independent one too, with no suits under the guise of being 'nice publishers' taking the role of deciding what the target audience should be.

Be free. Fly your space ship to distant galaxies - do it by your lone self, or fly with your friends. Discover planets far and wide, and have them named after you. Get rich by working the stock market, or by being a pirate, knocking down any convoy potentially carrying valuable goods you can sell, or even weapons to mount on your ship.

All in all: Be the space explorer you always wanted to be!

I hope to see some pledges from you guys, if you wish for it to happen as well.

If you pledge, please do say so in the topic so we can count the gains! :) I will not hold it against you if you don't though; some people really don't want such info to be public, and thats just fine. Either way, I bid you all a good day :)

Think you messed up the link mate, it goes to QLRanks instead of http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

I would love to see this game return, it could be pretty awesome with todays kit, it HAS to keep Blue Danube when docking though. I still have my original boxed C64 game on 5 1/4" disk in the loft. I will have a read of the kickstarter page, if I have any spare cash after Xmas and splashing out on a T500 I may look at donating.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back