1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

KIA coming to iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Conny Naslund, Jan 10, 2013.

1. 270 BHP, frontwheel Kia Optima.
    Used in World Challenge Racing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Next car after that will be Dacia Sandero which runs in a small russian motorsport series called Russian Roulette Racing Championship.

most likely this car has jumped the queue as well so we have to wait even longer for RUF, BMW´s, Honda BTCC, Lotus 49, Honda HSV GT500 etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very interesting. I'm really looking forward to FWD cars as I'm faster (I know, I'm a noob!) with them ;)

Hopefully these will bring iRacing value to myself.

4. What are iRacing upto? :confused:

Who wants this car? Just get the cars we want done iRacing!!!! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Why not Kev? We might be ending having nice FWD races like we had last Tuesday with the Clio ;)

6. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind if KIA is added to iRacing but I've been waiting for the Lotus 49 for ages now and would prefer that before the KIA. If they prioritize the KIA before that I won't be happy. :(

7. I see Kev. I understand what you mean.

8. I, for one, welcome our Korean overlords.

I hope the car is fun to drive, and that iRacing doesn't have to lock it in a fixed setup series for a whole year like the Cadillac.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Lotus49 is almost done. But the KIA is not.

Don't worry :)

10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Awesome if this is a free car.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That is what I thought as well. This might very well be a free car. And that is good! :)

12. Why would it be free? Having said that, one thing that I do not like about iRacing is that one cannot try the car before buying it :( So one relies on feedback from others or risk it or not buying it at all...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Couldn't care less about a car..

14. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Because the Cadillac was, this kind of cars are made because the manufacturers want to advertise them, and this is a good way.

Not always the most cool or fancy cars are the most fun :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. finally front wheel comes to iRacing :) wonder how wtcc style racing plays out with the SR system, though. Hope they rewrite the code for these cars especially.

16. Jetta is FWD.

17. Jetta doesn't count, lol. was the first car I owned in real life (an older version, though), which just proves my point :)

18. That is true... my mistake ;)

19. Actually, the street version is 270HP but the race version has over 400HP :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1