Keyboard setup

Hello guys ! so a friend of mine will order for me this bundle. So i downloaded the demo to make an idea of race 07 ! but i really need a good setup for keyboard ! Also i need to tell you that i haven't played this type of racing games much so i am kinda of beginer:). So if you could give me a good setup for a keyboard user would be really great. thanks in advance !:rolleyes:

Well, it's not ideal to use keyboard but it's possible. I used to play with keyboard, even race 07 demo like you. These setting I was using (not for that arcade mode):

In control settings:

speed sensitivity steering 50%
steering sensitivity 20%
throttle sensitivity 50%
brake sensitivity 50-100% (depends on abs setup)
clutch sensitivity 20%

Clutch is just for starts. Hold clutch, press gear up and hold throttle while still holding clutch. Then wait for lights and just release clutch button and go.

In realism settings:

abs: low-high
traction control: low-high
automatic clutch: on

It's impossible to use lower settings than "low".

And this is my key setup I use for every racing game I play which isn't meant to be played with wheel or isn't necessary:

accelerate E
brake D
left K
right L
shift up W
shift down S
clutch Q

wipers R
pit request I
pit speed limiter O
pause P

look left V
look wight N or B
look behind B or space

Hope this will help to you.

Hello guys ! so a friend of mine will order for me this bundle. So i downloaded the demo to make an idea of race 07 ! but i really need a good setup for keyboard ! Also i need to tell you that i haven't played this type of racing games much so i am kinda of beginer:). So if you could give me a good setup for a keyboard user would be really great. thanks in advance !:rolleyes:

Would you concider maybe using a controller or investing in a wheel? If i may, I recommend the Logitech Driving force GT or a used Driving Force Pro. Those wheels are reasonably priced, although you may not be able to find a DFPRO new anymore, you might be able to find one used. I also recommend the Thrustmaster Run and Play Ferrari controller. it has a wheel around the direction pad so you can steer.

No really, when I played with keyboard I could easily do it without any assists! But I admit I got really tired after a race:)

same

i have only just switched to a wheel myself and it it a whole lot easyer - and unlike most people who spend lots of money on their equipment [race seat, dualscreen, wheel, etc etc] i make do with my laptop and a fairly decent wheel which i baught for £35 so not too expensive either

I used a mouse and keyboard for two years and here's the setup I used.

Steering: Mouse, all relating settings i.e. steerling sensitivity were default
Accelerate: W
Brake: D
Gear Up: Q
Gear Down: Space
Look Left: E
Look Right: F
Pit Limiter: L
Request Pit: 9 (default)
Pit-Menu: R (I think)
Headlights: H
Wipers: V

That's about it. Didn't use any driving aids except auto-clutch and I could quite happily drive everything except the F3000 reasonably fast. Of course that came with a lot of experience. I would try I get a wheel as quickly as possible as there is only so far you can go with the keyboard before you can go no faster, which is why I bought a wheel :tongue:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%