• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Keyboard in menus?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by theravenousbeast, Jun 17, 2015.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +96
    Before this latest patch, at the start when prompted to either press start (wheel) or enter (keyboard) if I pressed ENTER I would be able to navigate through the menus with the keyboard, for ex. changing liveries/track condition etc. It was like this in earlier Codemasters games as well. Now, however, even if I do that I can only do these things with wheel commands.

I guess this isn't a big issue for most, but it is with a fairly old, failing DFP that's lost function on a few buttons.
    Any solutions?

2. Kronzky

Kronzky

Ratings:
    +11
    I have a wheel (G27) attached, and have no problems using either the wheel/shifter buttons, or the keyboard, so it doesn't seem to be a general issue.
    You might want to try to reset all those devices (unplug and plug back in).

3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +96
    Actually, I figured out I can use the keyboard, but the icons are still the wheel buttons, and I end up spamming the keyboard.