F1 2011 KERS not available

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just picked up the game the other day when Steam was offering it at a weekend special discount of 50%. So far I have only been doing some "Grand Prix" testing at Catalunya in a number of different cars to bring myself up to speed on the handling of these cars, to tweak some controller settings, tweak some car setups (I have noticed that the gearing setups will need to be different between the car manufactures) and of course to bring myself up to speed on when to use KERS and DRS on each lap (watching how the real world drivers use KERS and DRS in their qualifying runs helps a lot).

Anyway I have noticed in my "Grand Prix" testing that Lotus and Hispania did NOT have KERS accessible to myself in my test runs at Catalunya while Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Williams did have it. Then it got me wondering, was this because the real world Lotus, Hispania and Virgin cars not have KERS at all in their cars this year? Or is this some sort of CodeMasters omission?

Glad to see your in the new game.
BTW setups are very different. Rear wing counts for a lot!
Recommend as a starting point at Catalunya:
aero 6/8 usually rear 2 more than front.
Brakes whatever you want
ARBs 1/9
Springs height 1/1
Stiffness 9/9
Camber -3.2/.11
Toe in .11/.38
(only slot car drivers use 11/11 on springs and ARBs)
Remember to use a low fuel options run with DRS open to test your 7th gears ratio.
not saying its perfect but to bring you in from the wilderness!

Glad to see your in the new game.
BTW setups are very different. Rear wing counts for a lot!
Recommend as a starting point at Catalunya:
aero 6/8 usually rear 2 more than front.
Brakes whatever you want
ARBs 1/9
Springs height 1/1
Stiffness 9/9
Camber -3.2/.11
Toe in .11/.38
(only slot car drivers use 11/11 on springs and ARBs)
Remember to use a low fuel options run with DRS open to test your 7th gears ratio.
not saying its perfect but to bring you in from the wilderness!

Thanks for the info. By the way when I started up the game for the first time on Sunday, Steam applied a patch to the original download. But I am assuming this patch was for some other issues CM fixed. The infamous 11/11 springs bug I have heard of is still in the game?

Oh and yeah I noticed the wings actually make more of a difference in F1 2011 versus it's predecessor.
I tried the old 3/1 wing settings I might use in F1 2010 and it did not work very well.

Yes, 11/11 is still here. 1st patch was just little tweak to graphics, overall performance etc...

Wings is really important now, and I like it. No more higer front than rear. I used 8/11 wings in Spa, lol (not that stupid like 3/1 on Hungaroring last year...).

The lowest 3 teams do not have KERS, that right IRL and in game. Notice that, if in online race cars performance is set to equal, they do have KERS.

I'm waiting for the next patch... I have next race in wet conditions in career, and I want AI to be fixed before I get it done...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%