• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Kerbs pulling off track

Discussion in 'GTR 2' started by Shovas, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Are kerbs supposed to pull you off track? It seems like some of them do and some of them don't for me. Maybe it's FFB related but it also feels physics related.

Anyone else experienced this? I've actually noticed this in RaceRoom, as well. I'm wondering if it's a symptom of ISI engine games? I don't experience this in iRacing, AMS, or RF2 (I think).

2. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    Could be this in your *.plr file, notice how it has a "-" in front of it:

FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.

3. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks, I have been playing with that positive and negative, it doesn't seem to be the cause of being pulled off track.

I'm beginning to suspect that it's actually a realistic response: Front left or right tire rides up kerb and the same-side rear tire lifts off the ground and without that extra grip on the backend the rear tends to slide out.

Has anyone else noticed that?