Kerbs pulling off track

Shovas

Premium
Are kerbs supposed to pull you off track? It seems like some of them do and some of them don't for me. Maybe it's FFB related but it also feels physics related.

Anyone else experienced this? I've actually noticed this in RaceRoom, as well. I'm wondering if it's a symptom of ISI engine games? I don't experience this in iRacing, AMS, or RF2 (I think).

Could be this in your *.plr file, notice how it has a "-" in front of it:

FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.

Thanks, I have been playing with that positive and negative, it doesn't seem to be the cause of being pulled off track.

I'm beginning to suspect that it's actually a realistic response: Front left or right tire rides up kerb and the same-side rear tire lifts off the ground and without that extra grip on the backend the rear tends to slide out.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Does seem like all kerbs are 3D but some kerbs you'd expect jolting on don't have it unless you have that config set.

Nonetheless, I disabled it. Probably better not to have a fake effect in there anyway.

I'm still getting the easy spin outs on kerbs, though :/

I was trying the Project Cars 2 demo tonight and began to notice the same behaviour. I don't notice this in any other sim.

It's pretty weird that a company that came from the company that produced GTR2 still have that behaviour. Makes me wonder if they've somehow still got source code from back then.

Funny thing is I swear I don't experience easy spin outs on kerbs in R3E and I don't really recall them on Race, etc. titles from SimBin, either, although I haven't played those in forever.

Which kerbs ? ... at the curve exit or at the apex ? ....

If surely mostly at the apex ... that should be for an obvious reason when some kerbs are rather high compared with the one of the curve exit... where most ( if not all ) kerbs are rather flat.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back