Kerbal Space Program

my space station lifting rocket keeps blowing up right as I get out of the atmosphere ~45km, it gets really unstable and starts breaking all the radial decouplers and then boom.

As soon as I get that sorted I'll provide some lovely screen shots ha.

my space station lifting rocket keeps blowing up right as I get out of the atmosphere ~45km, it gets really unstable and starts breaking all the radial decouplers and then boom.

As soon as I get that sorted I'll provide some lovely screen shots ha.

Yeah you have to try to get rid of the unstablility that is the main cause of failures, try using Strut connectors to sure it up (if you haven't already)

Yes, strut connectors are a must, especially if you're using Rockomax Brand fuel tanks. There's also been a bug I've seen where parts will randomly detach from one another while you're in Map mode and your ship is under acceleration... not sure of the status of that yet.

decided to get my docked Kerbnauts back down home, but was a bit lasy to do one at a time, so decided to land but ships at the same time.

screenshot1hew.png

landing02.png

land04.png

land05.png

Also currently doing an apallo style mun landing will get some nice pics when I've finished.

I just made a new folder on my desktop and named it KSP .18.1 and put the patcher in there by itself, downloaded everything at 2mb/s

I just run the game from that desktop folder now, not having problems yet.

It seems their "patcher" is more of a download new version tool as of right now. I'm sure they'll put more work into it as it approaches beta/releases.

Brilliant game. I made some disastrous attempts for a space plane, but just getting the ones people build into orbit is difficult enough, so I went into rocketry.

Turns out you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be a rocket scientist.

I've so far put a satellite in orbit. I wanted to check if the same launcher could put another satellite around Mun... well, I accidentally slingshotted at mun, then minmus and ended up in solar orbit! With the spare fuel I have been able to set an orbit with the inside in Eve and the outside in Dres. So, is it possible to make interplanetary missions when you just have one (thin) liquid deposit in Kerb orbit? Yes it is. Can I repeat the feat? No way.

With just this:
screenshot1.png

to the moon, and much further!

screenshot0.png

Yeah spaceplanes are difficuly even if you know what your doing, most people think its a plane it should be easier than a rocket but it is not. It's actually the other way round.
If you are having difficulties check youtube for tutorials I know there are a few.

Managed my fist docking. Freaking hard. To make things 'easier' one of the halves had no fuel/mono-propellant at all, so I could not orient it in any comfortable way.

One part was meant to be a fuel depot, fortunately, so I could restock.

I have put my first ever space station core into orbit...

Dt1NKl.jpg

...But there's a piece of debris in the same orbital path, as a result of badly-planned staging...

7Epq5l.jpg

...So my solution is to build an unmanned (un-Kerbaled?) rocket to blast the damn thing out of the sky!

edY9Ml.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back