1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Keep losing connection during multiplayer races

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by bartolaf, Jul 5, 2016.

1. bartolaf

bartolaf
    Premium Member

I'm coping with some connection problems. I lose my connection after 1 or 2 laps in the race. I do not see the starting lights and i'm in place 1 for a couple of seconds on the leaderboard. After a minute or two i lose the connection. No graphical issue i guess. Have the graphics options on the lowest possible but problem keeps frustrating me. Anyone?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Didn't someone mention on Teamspeak the other day it's most likely a router problem you are having?

Guess it was @Frank mentioning it.

3. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

As far as I am concerned, having listened to your previous comments on TS as well, this is a router / ISP issue. What ISP do you have and what kind of router / modem (or combination of both) do you use?

4. bartolaf

bartolaf
    Premium Member

I'm using a KPN Experia Box v10 (ZXHN H369AKPN). I bought a new router (asus rt-ac68u) but my provider refuses to put the experia box in to bidge mode. Some sugestions?

5. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

As good alternative you could switch to a new modem like the DrayTek 2132. This is a proper modem router that won't have any issues, if it is indeed router related.

You can still place a router behind the Experiabox and use it as a DMZ host, this should already work fine. KPN had a good guide on their website on how to do that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016