• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

KartSim: Development Update and Previews

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram Hengeveld, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,606
    View the Post on the Blog

2. David Garcia

David Garcia

Ratings:
    +122
    I have found that disturbing picture of the game: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4874/loljgb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    Zach, speaking for myself (but I suspect many others will do the same) I cannot wait to plunk down some money for your Sim. Whatever the price is going to be, I'll be ready the day it comes out. Keep going.

4. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,780
    Apart from the blur (that seems to be the latest thing in simracing) it looks extremely good.

Can´t wait to try this out :)

5. Predrag Drobac

Predrag Drobac

Ratings:
    +41
    It's not blur, it's called DOF (Depth Of Field), a standard effect in almost all real life lens for cameras. So, it's REALISTIC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,606
  7. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Still doesn't belong to sims. DOF decides where your focus is and in sims you need to see everything in focus. Looks good on stills thou.

8. David Garcia

David Garcia

Ratings:
    +122
  9. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,780
    It´s largely the same thing.
    And it´s pointless both of them because your own eye already possess these things.

So basically what you are doing is adding extra DoF on your already natural DoF/Blur.

10. HEYFANYA

HEYFANYA

Ratings:
    +5
    yep. just what i thought :D

But on pro photos its not just to add "extra" DoF. photografers uses it to add your focus, not your eyes focus. FX if i took a picture of an f1 racer at monza, I would like you to see and have focus on the car, not the trees in the background. But sure its not needed in gameplay, as your eyes do it themselfs. so totally agree :D

11. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin

Ratings:
    +43
    Excited as well. :)