1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KartSim: Development Update and Previews

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. I have found that disturbing picture of the game: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4874/loljgb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Zach, speaking for myself (but I suspect many others will do the same) I cannot wait to plunk down some money for your Sim. Whatever the price is going to be, I'll be ready the day it comes out. Keep going.

4. Apart from the blur (that seems to be the latest thing in simracing) it looks extremely good.

Can´t wait to try this out :)

5. It's not blur, it's called DOF (Depth Of Field), a standard effect in almost all real life lens for cameras. So, it's REALISTIC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

7. Still doesn't belong to sims. DOF decides where your focus is and in sims you need to see everything in focus. Looks good on stills thou.

8. It´s largely the same thing.
    And it´s pointless both of them because your own eye already possess these things.

So basically what you are doing is adding extra DoF on your already natural DoF/Blur.

9. yep. just what i thought :D

But on pro photos its not just to add "extra" DoF. photografers uses it to add your focus, not your eyes focus. FX if i took a picture of an f1 racer at monza, I would like you to see and have focus on the car, not the trees in the background. But sure its not needed in gameplay, as your eyes do it themselfs. so totally agree :D

10. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Excited as well. :)