1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Karts @ Interlagos Kart 2 - Sat 28 March 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Giveaway! Whoever sets the fastest lap in the first race session wins a free month of RD premium to gift to a friend! The perfect way to get more people racing in the club.
    Competition only valid if grid size is 10 or greater. Must be given as a gift to a non-premium member.

Please update to GSC v1.30!

Schedule
    4-stroke GX390
    Practice:
    19:00 GMT
    Quali 1: 19:10 GMT - 5 minutes, super-pole (one out lap, one hot lap, one in lap).
    Warmup: 19:15 GMT - 3 minutes
    Race 1: 19:20 GMT - 10 minutes
    Followed immediately by Race 2, reverse grid, 10 minutes.

Karts of Choice (Vote will be taken in the server!)
    Practice:
    19:45 GMT
    Quali 1: 19:55 GMT - 5 minutes, super-pole (one out lap, one hot lap, one in lap).
    Warmup: 20:10 GMT - 3 minutes
    Race 1: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes
    Followed immediately by Race 2, reverse grid, 10 minutes.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Note: If an admin is not present during this event, you can start a vote to progress to the next session. Stick to the published schedule! Do not restart a race! Take these instructions seriously; failure to follow them will result in racing suspensions.

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs,see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
    1. Andrew James
    2. Steve Mitchell
    3. Ryan Seltzer
    4. Rudi Sleegers
    5. Bram
    6. Allan Groth
    7. Jörn Horbelt
    8. Enzo Fazzi
    9. Srinath (maybe)
    10. Craig Patteson
    11. Chark
    12. Yuri (maybe)
    13. Davy Vandevenne
    14. Anestis
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  2. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder

in
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

Sign me up please!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sleeker

Sleeker
    Rudolph the Rednosed Racer Premium Member

Could you please sign me up?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slalom823

Slalom823

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yep lets do so. Sign me up :)

7. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium Member

8. sign me up

9. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Sign me up as well!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Slalom823

Slalom823

I am not big into setups and not particularly great with small details but here is what I have for this kart and track.

270 wheel rotation 18 degrees lock
    92% brakes
    50 fov
    shortest gearing
    16 laps fuel
    15.7 psi front tires
    rear stock psi

I normally just do the fuel and gearing, but I did feel like I got a little more front end grip with lowering the front tire pressure. I only tried 15.7 though, and did not try anything else besides that and stock (16.0 I believe). Based on the rear right tire not getting as much heat or pressure and the rear left I think you could possible increase that tire pressure a little and that may work well, but I wasn't sure and didn't touch it. The temperatures were fairly even across the inside, middle, and outside of that tire though, so maybe its best not to touch it? Anyone here pretty good with reading pressure, heat, and camber for the tires?

11. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

To be honest, when it comes to Karts I sort of just adjust the lock and jump in without bothering with the setups. Especially with rental karts. Perhaps I should start (indeed, I've been thinking of learning how to do setups a long time now). I usually run karts with 180 rotation and 16 lock as suggested by Reiza. Would be interested in seeing what people say about your questions, Ryan.

12. Slalom823

Slalom823

I have always liked the idea of knowing more about setups and I'm guessing what could be learned with karts could pass on to cars. I am curious to see what others will say as well.

That and I'm confident the gearing and fuel are at the best settings for this track so I wanted to share those with others.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder

180/16 :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bram

Bram

Looking forward to this gents. Lets get those karts rolling tomorrow night :)

15. Thanks for the tag @Slalom823 but I have permanently retired from racing karts ever since I unceremoniously got lapped ten times in a ten minute race. In the event of a dearth in sign ups I would consider driving around in them to provide a cheap laugh to all but being as how there are quite a few drivers my presence would be a public nuisance. So in the interest of the community at large I have to humbly refuse your kind invitation to partake in today's event.
    Yours truly,
    Sri Sri

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Bram

Bram

Ah come on m8, we'll speed you up. Connect the mic and have fun. It's not about winning ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jokes aside I got some work to finish today, I hope to do it in time for the race, I would love to join in :thumbsup:

18. Bram

Bram

Cool :thumbsup:

19. Slalom823

Slalom823

Hey whether your racing for first place or twentieth if there is just one other person around the same place it gets fun! Hope you are able to join.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Slalom823

Slalom823

Looks like version 1.30 just came out! @Nox should we all update or hold off until after? I assume update but wanted to ask.