Karts - can't get my steering setup right

I have a G25 as per the FAQ instructions, I've set the rotation in the Logitech profiler to 180° and also set this in a custom profile in the .ini file. But no matter what profile I load in GSC2013, when I'm on the controller screen and I turn the wheel, it's always a 360° rotation to either left or right to fill the bar (so 720° lock to lock).

In the kart I'm getting the same as the controller screen, no matter if I tweak the degrees from 10° to 21° it's never enough to match up 1/1 with the wheel, I have to turn the G25 90° to get 45° in game.

I'm stuck, I want to race in the karts before even trying the bigger cars but I can't turn quickly enough. :(

kart wheel range is from 240 to 320 deg, or something small like that, but i use 450
once you have a feel for the wheel rotation you can alter the .ini
To get the wheel to rotate at the same deg as you own wheel by
changing this line in the controller .ini
found in
H:\GSC2013\USERDATA\user name/controller config settings

Steering Wheel Range="450" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

i made a special profile in game just for the karts to make it easier to use.

kart wheel range is from 240 to 320 deg, or something small like that, but i use 450
once you have a feel for the wheel rotation you can alter the .ini
To get the wheel to rotate at the same deg as you own wheel by
changing this line in the controller .ini
found in
H:\GSC2013\USERDATA\user name/controller config settings

Steering Wheel Range="450" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

i made a special profile in game just for the karts to make it easier to use.
Yeah, I tried entering the matching figure in the .ini file but it still didn't work. I'll try it again with your 450° settings but I did try 180/270/540 already.
Edit: Having just had another look, I'm unsure if I changed the figures in the C:\GSC2013\UserData\Controller path (where the controller configs are stored) or in the path you gave as it's been a few days... I'll have another play.

The controller.ini profile currently in use is in you userdata\user name folder as Rupe suggested. The ones in userdata\Controller folder are saved profiles, you can change "Steering Wheel Range=" setting in those too and load them in-game, but the steering wheel range will only be adjusted after you exit and load the game again, which can be a source of confusion.

The good news is that the next update will feature the option to adjust the graphical steering wheel range in-game from the controller menu, without needing to exit the game or fiddle with files.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, unfortunately even the controller.ini under my user folder doesn't seem to have any influence. Let me run though the checklist to make sure I've not missed anything;
1. I set Steering Wheel Range=180 in the controller.ini
2. I set the Logitech game profiler to 180
3. I have a custom profile for my wheel that I load in game (although this seems to make no difference) but note that when I turn the wheel on controller1 screen, it does the 900° rotation to fill the arrow bar side to side.
4. I start/resume a championship in karts but as soon as I'm in the practice session I try my wheel and turning my G25 90° has the kart wheel only turning 45°.
5. I adjust the degrees in the garage from 10 through to 21 and this also appears not to have any effect.

I'm stuck! The game is unplayable for me like this, I must have spent 6-8 hours just trying to get started. The game seems to just completely ignore any tweaks I make and just resorts to the 900° range the wheel has by default. It's probably just a tick in a box or a number in a file, but I can't find it. :(

So the only problem then is the wheel in game is not matching how you are turning your G25
but you kart does turn form left to right and the G25 wheel input do steer the kart.

you are altering any files in the game folder whilst the sim in not running.

if you set your logitech profiler to 180 your wheel should only rotate to 180 when your game is running or you should feel a stiffer resistance after 180 deg..

sound like your profiler is not working correctly.
are you using a global profile or a specific on just for the sim

The kart does turn yes, but very feebly - I can't steer quick enough to get round corners.
The profiler may well not be working with the game, but I don't know how to fix it - I've tried the default profile to 180 and I've tried a game specific profile and then both at the same time, the profiles work in any other game, but seemingly not in GSC2013, it's as though it ignores them and does it's own thing instead.
I even closed the profiling software, didn't make a difference and I've ticked and unticked allowing the game to make adjustments (or however it was phrased).

I also tried wiping and re-installing from scratch.

I'm a network engineer now but I've spent years in PC/server support and never found a problem I couldn't resolve with a bit of thought and perseverance. I'm struggling now though as I can't think of anything else to try.
Whatever the problem is though, it's specific to this title alone.

Zantium,i use a G27 and dont use the logitec profiler at all,i never use it,set the ini file to what steering you want,im not sure if the g25 is the same as the g27 but you can alter the steering with the buttons on the g27 gear shifter then in game,on the gear shifter you have 4 red buttons at the bottom,you only use the middle 2 for this call these 1 and 2,at the top you have 4 buttons,top button is t,middle right button is o,bottom button is x,middle left is s,
if you press 1/2 and t you get 240 steering,if you press 1/2 and x you get 900 steering,if you press1/2 and s you get 450 steering,if you press 1/2 and 0 you get 670 steering

try this see if it helps,like i say i dont use the logitec profiler at all in either GSC or rfactor and works fine for me

I'm working away at the moment but I'll try the shifter setting when I get back, I don't normally use the shifter as it doesn't fit my desk but I'll dig it our.

Sorry, I didn't mention above that I've tried closing the Logitech Profiler as well and it didn't make any difference. The above sounds like it might work though as I'm guessing it's hardware/firmware based.

Pictures so much better than words :),try it with out the profiler on,i have nothing but problems with it on

@Lyndon Hughes , can this be done in-game, at any screen of the game? Will these update the "Steering Wheel Range" in controller.ini, or it doesn't matter?

Also, what does Steering Lock do? Thanks.

Hey @Zantium, FYI, though my wheel's a G27, setting rotation in Profiler works fine (=300). Hope you get yours fixed.

The controller.ini profile currently in use is in you userdata\user name folder as Rupe suggested. The ones in userdata\Controller folder are saved profiles, you can change "Steering Wheel Range=" setting in those too and load them in-game, but the steering wheel range will only be adjusted after you exit and load the game again, which can be a source of confusion.

The good news is that the next update will feature the option to adjust the graphical steering wheel range in-game from the controller menu, without needing to exit the game or fiddle with files.

Despite this graphical in-game rotation adjuster, I can no longer match my rotations. This occurs even if I set all .ini files, Logitech profiler and the new in-game setting to the same degrees. Strangely, I didn't have a problem with GSC 2013, only with Extreme. Any ideas?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back