1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured KartKraft Update: Teaser Video Released

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Following on from our
    previous article showing off previews of the yet to be released KartKraft kart racing sim, developers Black Delta have released a short preview video of the game in action.

Black Delta CEO Zach Griffin promised fans a first glimpse of the game in action using the Unreal 4 game engine, and although admittedly rather short in length, and somewhat lacking in content, the video has arrived!

Expected to be released as a Steam Early Access title sometime in Q1 2016, KartKraft followers perhaps expected a little bit more gameplay footage than has been released in the above video, however what can be taken from these "live in game shots" is further confirmation of the impressive graphical capabilities of this new title, and a very small insight into the way these karts have been simulated on track when being overly aggressive with your apex.

kartkraft 9.jpg

Interestingly it seems that attention has been paid to the driver as well as the kart, as can be seen briefly in the video as the driver wobbles his head and legs when landing back onto the tarmac... a promising attention to detail that is hopefully captured in greater scale when replicating the various nuance's of racing a high powered low weight racing kart.

RaceDepartment.com will continue to monitor this interesting title and bring you all the latest news as it is released.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Wow! :thumbsup:

3. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

"All footage was captured live in Kartkraft"
    Now we have to be very careful here.
    "In engine footage" or similar phrases are used by marketing departments since ages and never meant "This is how it will look like for you when playing the game".

As long as there's no "Actual gameplay footage" seen in the video i personally keep sceptical.
    For all others: Enjoy the hype rush :D

4. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

And here is a teaser where we can actually see nothing

OHHHHHH

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im interested in the quality of physics and ffb, gfx are secondary....at least to my sim brain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Physics and FFB don't sell games. Graphics do.

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

I too am interested in only physics, graphics literally mean nothing to me (although nice to have if possible).

Sadly the video is so short, the only bits of information we can get from it are how it looks :)

I still think it looks more than promising.. only time will tell...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. More of a GIF than a video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. This isn't a AAA budget title, so you may have to forego motion blur, lol...

10. Especially if it's a small dev, which in this case, it certainly is.
    Hopefully, they do get the ffb and physics right/good, and we'll have a worthy sim title, as there's plenty of pretty looking throwaway rubbish available these days, not so many true sims.

Me, I vote sim and ask casuals to learn to drive a race car.

11. Why they are hiding their own game? That's not a good thing.

Or maybe just stupid marketing. They need a Don Draper to run their ads not a drunk Roger Sterling.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounded to me like the kart bounced up and down at least 4 times after landing. That's a little bizarre.

13. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Hence why everybody, including myself, went mad over pCARS.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Here is the next video:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Wow! Looking great!