1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured KartKraft new Previews and developer update

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

KartKraft Early Access Preview - June 16  2.jpg
    Black Delta have announced new karting Sim KartKraft has been delayed a further 8 weeks while the studio continue closed beta testing of the new title.

Due for Early Access release June 3rd following a period of closed beta testing the team over in Australia have announced a delayed Early Access public launch in order to further develop the sim. Starting out life many years ago as KartSim the game has undergone a number of rewrites and development changes before gaining Steam Greenlight status and moving over to the Unreal 4 game engine.

KartKraft Early Access Preview - June 16  3.jpg

As with many new titles the game has received plenty of development focus in these last few months. With a recent move to invite only closed beta in an effort to test progress on a number of different hardware configurations the studio have made the difficult decision to further extend the closed testing period in an effort to ensure a stronger product once launched into public open access.

In the official announcement that can be read in full below Black Delta CEO Zach Griffin acknowledges the studio have more work to do in communication with the community as well as providing some interesting information regarding the volume of testing undertaken up to this point. With a mega 28,665 laps of Australian Geelong kart track completed so far it appears beta testing is well underway in game.

KartKraft Early Access Preview - June 16.jpg

Zach Griffin:

"There's only one way to start this post, and that's to apologise for the way we handled the delay of ‪#‎KartKraft‬ Early Access. Our lack of communication was simply not good enough, and we need to make sure it doesn't occur again.

During the ongoing Closed Beta Test, we've been working with our dedicated community testers to improve every aspect of KartKraft. In just the past 48 hours, the most recent wave of the CBT group have completed 28,665 laps of Geelong onboard the IAME ‪#‎KA100‬ powered karts with testers from 37 different countries.

With an incredible response to the game during the entire CBT period, we've received highly detailed feedback and suggestions that we've been able to include in the weekly CBT releases. From the Force Feedback, Physics, Lighting, UX and UI, Wheel support, Triple screen support and overall level of performance, there's not one component of the game we haven't worked on and improved; with over 1600 fixes/features/improvements made during the past 10 weeks.

The CBT has also highlighted some key features and performance issues on lower end hardware that must be fixed before we release #KartKraft. Thus we have decided to extend the CBT period and release date by approximately 8 weeks to ensure KartKraft meets and exceeds your expectations on Day 1, even as an Early Access game. We will make a further announcement to confirm the exact release date in the coming weeks.

We will also be increasing the number of testers in the CBT and sending out additional waves beyond the initial allocation to make sure more of you are able to participate in the testing. (Those who were part of Thursday's Beta wave who are still having issues redeeming your Steam Key, please expect an email with an updated key on Tuesday next week. We are currently working with Valve to resolve the issue.)

Finally, to those who are still awaiting a response to their recent emails and messages, please expect a slight delay in receiving a reply. We are currently working through a backlog of 3000+ messages from the past two days.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I leave you with new unedited in-game screenshots from the CBT showing off the ‪#‎IAME‬ ‪#‎X30‬ powered ‪#‎CRG‬, ‪#‎SODI‬ and ‪#‎DEADLY‬ karts with more videos and screenshots to come."

Check out our KartKraft forum here on RaceDepartment for news and discussions around this highly anticipated karting simulator. Read up on our exclusive interview with Black Delta's Zach Griffin and check out the latest previews.

Looking forward to KartKraft? Think it can compete with the ISI rFactor 2 and Reiza Automobilista karts? Let us know below!
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Good stuff. I received a duplicate key, so I am awaiting Tuesday. Also it's a good sign to see that they are willing to learn and improve their communication and more.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. this sim looks absolutely amazing
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Visually the screen shots look amazing, photo-like...and although I am not much into karts, I will keep a watchful eye on this sim in the view to purchasing it
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It really does look spectacular. I've loved racing in GoKarts for years, and playing a sim based on this is a dream come true. Definitely going to be purchasing this, great stuff guys!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TeSL9

Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium Member

The physics feel more like the rfactor2 karts than Automobilista karts. Both are fine but RF2 karts are little bit more immersive. The FFB needs the most tweaking and work IMO.

If the price is reasonable, im going to get it for sure :)
  7. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Received my key and gave it a good few laps. Jury is out at the moment but it definitely has the right feeling on the roll up laps just like I used to enjoy in my years racing Club 100 direct drive karts. Think this will be fun especially if we get some of the iconic British karting tracks that all of the British F1 drivers first honed their skills on.
  8. I'm a beta tester, and the sim promises: good FFB (the most realistic that I tested in a kart simulator, but needs some improvements), good graphics, etc.
  9. Its a shame that the Beta has closed, I would have loved to have given this a shot whilst it was in the development stage. :thumbsdown::p
  10. Lasse Ougaard

Lasse Ougaard
    Premium Member

Beta is not closed. In fact it's expanding. A lot of new members was let in last week, myself included. Many have gotten bad keys though (myself included....), and haven't gained access yet :)
  11. So far only given it about 45 minutes of work, checking the menus - if they are streamlined enough for PC or if it's too much console-friendly - and game setup before taking to the track and seeing how that performs and drives. Only posted twice on the forum so far, I want to wait for more playtime and others' words, and possibly a new build, before I delve in a bit more.
  12. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

There's not that much to delve into to be honest. You only have 1 type of kart and one track. I'm not even sure you have multiple game modes and I've not seen anything about an online aspect available to test... I thought they'd want to get that up and running asap to make sure the collision detection and net code were up to the task but maybe I've just missed that option.
  13. Sniper

Premium Member

I tried it but I am assuming it currently does not have triple screen support?? It looked terrible with triples and I was feeling sick within 5 mins as everything seems to bounce around soo much, hard to explain. Thought the FFB on my V2 was poor, but very early days I guess, in the controller options Fanatec is not even listed as an option? Really?
  14. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

I wish I had the problem of triple screens!! Lol
    But yeah, the ffb on my V1 wasn't great either... early days and guess we just advise on the forums
  15. xnorb

Premium Member

If i were to develop a racing sim i'd ensure to get Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels working well first and then reach out to the higher priced models.
    Guess KartKraft is doing the same.