1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured KartKraft New Beta Screenshots

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

KartKraft Closed Beta 2.jpg
    Australian development team Black Delta have shown off some new in game images of hotly anticipated kart racing title KartKraft as the current limited participation closed beta continues into its second week.

Complimenting the already impressive images and short teaser video released by the studio this latest batch of screenshots goes some way to pacifying those of us who were not fortunate enough to be accepted in the first rounds of beta invitations.

Due for release on Windows PC in June 2016 and console at a later, as yet unannounced date, KartKraft is shaping up to become the premier title for racers who prefer their weapons of choice without suspension or seat belts.

KartKraft Closed Beta 5.jpg

With the current beta program only available to a limited number of invited participants from those who registered recently no details are available regarding progress on the title, however visually the game very much looks the part and should offer plenty of entertainment when it finally hits our digital shelves later in the year.

Black Delta have confirmed that each week additional members of the public will be invited to partake in the beta testing program so don't despair if you are still awaiting your opportunity to play the game, you still have a chance!

It has been a difficult few weeks for the Australian studio after announcing closed beta registration the team were targeted by a malicious bot attack with approximately 15,000 fake applications submitted to the team. Work has been undertaken to ensure this false applications are removed and security measures put in place to prevent similar issues in the future.

Despite this unfortunate setback the team behind KartKraft are back in full swing as development races ahead prior to the title's full release in June.

KartKraft Closed Beta.jpg

If you are interested in learning more about KartKraft and the team behind the game have a look at our recent interview with CEO Zach Griffin and head over to our KartKraft forum right here on RaceDepartment.

KartKraft Closed Beta 3.jpg KartKraft Closed Beta 4.jpg KartKraft Closed Beta.jpg

Excited by the title? Looking forward to release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Although I am not really into Karting...I will keep my eye on this as the graphics look amazing and if they get the audio and physics up to the same calibre...it may be a purchase

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Casper

Casper
    Premium Member

Yes. For sure

4. I've been running go-karts in a local track for the last few weekends now, I'm sure I'll get it sometime.
    (though probably not on release since I've been left with a bitter taste with game releases)

5. Looks good. If its on par or better than AMS karts then i will prolly buy it. I hope its sim style though where you can run any kart on any track, and not have restricitions like typical games where only certain karts can drive on certain tracks. Or even worse - having to earn points before being able to drive bigger classes. Not talking about careers etc, but having to earn points before even being able to practise/test drive/hotlap with higher classes. Biggest thing though is the physics and feeling. Having only driven karts a couple times and long time ago i dont know how close AMS is, but for what i remember it feels pretty good and they are fun to race. Oh, and hope the FFB is gooooood. :)

6. Kills AMS karts, and even beats RF2 karts

7. Its me or its not plan to saw Rotax Max and Shifter one, look to be only 4 stroke ?

8. Are we looking at the same pictures? The pictures above are all 2 strokes.

9. I would like to see some unfiltered racing action instead of more pretty pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My mistake i mean we dont saw any 125cc :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

There hasn't been enough in-game videos to sell me yet. As time goes on, I feel like this is a high-end go kart mod for pCars due to the focus on graphics and "pretty pictures".

12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

There was a video a long time ago that showed the chassis flex, and how that impacted the kart.

That's something at least.

13. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

Its something, but one video in the past few months is pathetic in my opinion. Its the same thing the developers of Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo did and look how that game turned out. When companies don't share a lot of in-game footage prior to release, its typically a bad sign.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I remain positive as this is a new dev. :) If it had been a company with poor track record (Milestone) I would've agreed :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

I'm keeping positive because I need this to be a good game.

I'm totally desperate for a proper, dedicate next gen karting game to get my kicks now the old wallet doesn't allow karting in real life...

Jokes aside, the communication from BD is pretty poor but underneath the rocky communication strategy the game does look pretty damn good.

Saying that, a side by side with the game vs real life on board at somewhere like PFI wouldn' t hurt their chances of a big hit in the sale..

Are you listening devs? :D

• Like Like x 4
  16. Don't need to be a side by side video, just a gameplay of a few laps round the track would be awesome hahaha

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

To sell your game you need to have those "pretty pictures".
    "Best FFB", "Accurate physics", "Fully customizable weekends in MP" - those phrases only get the simmers excited, but the masses request shiny graphics. Guess why AC and pCars have 10 times higher playercounts than AMS or rF2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

I agree with you 100%. For me (and most of the people around here I assume), we see past the glitz and glamour.