1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured KartKraft Nears Open Beta Stage - Plenty of Previews

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

kartkraft 4.jpg
    Black Delta have been steadily releasing preview images and details of upcoming Kart Racing simulator KartKraft, rumored to be released in the first quarter of 2016 via the Steam platform.

Having gone through a rough early development, Black Delta CEO Zak Griffin and his team made a decision to re-brand the sim from its previous title of KartSim and completely re work the game moving to the Unreal Engine 4.

Featuring laser-scanned circuits from around the world, including Sarno in Italy, Atlanta Motorsports Park in the USA, Paul Fletcher International in the UK and Geelong Karting Club in Australia, the sim allows players an impressive range of customisable features from official branded driver wear right the way to building your own team using a range of officially licensed, accurately reproduced Karts from several top manufacturers.

kartkraft 7.jpg

The first preview video of this sim is due to hit Steam in the coming days and offers sim racers an early opportunity to see this promising title in action for the first time. The preview images released already give the impression that this title is coming together nicely and I for one will be interested to see how racing a virtual kart compares to real life experience.

kartkraft 1.jpg kartkraft 2.jpg kartkraft 3.jpg kartkraft 5.jpg kartkraft 6.jpg kartkraft 8.jpg kartkraft 9.jpg

Are you looking forward to trying out this sim? Will you be purchasing the Early Access version when it becomes available? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Probably the most anticipated game for me in 2015.

I'm definitely buying this.

Lets see how good the open (thank god) beta is..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. UE4 engine is freaking wonderful and amazing.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. xnorb

Premium Member

Reaching for a niche market in a niche market genre :)
    Karting isn't very popular in simracing and eye candy can just do so much.

If they don't beat rF2's physics / FFB / AI then there's no point for sim-karters to buy this game.
    If they don't beat Project Cars graphics wise then the eye candy bunch has no reason to buy it.

Of course, if they manage to deliver outstanding physics, great FFB and perfect AI combined with the most realistic looking (not overdone cinematic style) and best sounding kart sim with flawless netcode, then there might be a game at hand to start a karting revolution on the internet :)
  5. Really looking forward to this. Hopefully they nail it.
  6. budlix

Wheel Rotator Premium Member

Are you playing SCE karts? Will be interesting to compare them I think (looking forward to it).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm a little (or much indeed) tired with Kart racing pro.. so this would be great to try...
    Since years I hope one day there will be a realistic kartsim, but it seems to be harder than cars racing :(
    So, wait and see
  8. budlix

Wheel Rotator Premium Member

So you didn't try SCE's Kart?
  9. Unreal Engine 4 engine? :p
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. My son has started karting so this one is on the shopping list for sure
  11. Tume

The unlucky Finn

Soo...next year you don't want it? :p
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

What worries me most is that the rain kart picture looks like he is driving on slicks...
    Could also be caused by the tyres moving, I am aware, but still they look exactly like the slicks.
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

May put some money towards this if the price is good :thumbsup:

This is a niche sim so will be interesting to see how popular it is.

Most sims don't have the facility to simulate karts as far as I understand it, because the physics in most of them revolve around suspension movement, and of course karts don't have luxuries like this. It's all done through the tyre and chassis flex.

Would be great to see all types of karts in this including the mighty Superkarts as well but we'll see.

No mention of multiplayer but I assume this is integrated?

Good ideas though and looking forward to the final product, even if we get to try an early access version :)
  14. i suppose kart sim is especially difficult because many more of us players will have had the chance to actually take one out on a track in real life, at least i have on a few occassions while never having set in anything close to a race car on a closed circuit. makes it that much more difficult to simulate reality if more eye-witnesses are around.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Torcano

#21 MPB Clan Premium Member

UE4 means atleast this sim will run at a bazillion fps even on fried potatoes and still look great if that Vanishing of Ethan Carter game is anything to go by as a reference. :p

OT aside, the hype is real!!!!1! Of course they will be getting my monies for their early access program. And I'm fairly certaiin it won't be that expensive anyway.:D
  16. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

If my computer works by then, yes, I will be trying this!
  17. Lot of sense .
    I did : great fun, but not more realistic, especially on tyre movement...
  18. Well in the small classes like 60cc you only have Slicks, and adapt to rain by changing tire pressure and camper angles etc. So in my eyes it looks super realistic.judging by the engine size and no radiator it looks like a 60cc engine entry race kart class. :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

I really do hope this is not going to be hype over substance.
  20. From the video I first saw of this a few years ago, it looked like it would be the best karting sim. I think this will easily topple rFactor 2 in terms of driving behavior and maybe any racing game, period, in-terms of graphics. Seriously, I almost can't believe those graphics. Will they seriously be that good?