1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Featured KartKraft is the new KartSim and available this year

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Alex Franchini, Aug 7, 2015.

1. KartKraft.jpg
    The Australian studio Black Delta has issued an information update about KartSim.

After a pretty lengthy radio silence, the game is now known as KartKraft and is going to come out with new funding, a larger dev team composed of 9 people and new features.

KartKraft will have laser-scanned circuits, customizable karts and avatars and the involvement of brands like FREEM, Alpinestars, CRG, IAME, MIR, Sparco, Arai, Arrow, Monaco and more.

KartKraft is playable at Gamescom (up until 9th August) on a 6-DOF motion simulator airlifted all the way from the land down under.

The estimated release date for the Steam Early Access version is Q4 2015.

Have you been waiting for KartSimKraft?

• Like Like x 12
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Sounds like it could be fun.

3. Unfortunately due to technical issues it wasn't working when I visited the stand on Wednesday. The kart rig looked awesome and had a big fat OSW wheel mounted to it as well. It looked like serious stuff for sure.

Cheers AussieStig

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

Making a good kartsim is very difficult.
    ISI's rF2 karts are quite good, actually one of the best i played till now.
    But i did not drive one Sim where is say yes.. this is fully believable physics for a kart.
    Kart and racecars are still 2 different breeds.
    So hopefully they pull it off with this release.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. From nowhere comes this. First time i heard of it.

Looked into it and it looks awesome. And it brings a fresh take with the kart focus. I am all for this.

Sounds like a dedicated outfit, and i hope they get it together... Laser scanning for such a small outfit is real dedication!

6. Let's no forget about Kart Racing Pro.

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Excited... assumed it died a while ago after no news, so this is brilliant to hear! Hopefully this has multiplayer written all over it..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Thanks for the article Alex. :thumbsup:
    For someone like myself who's into karting on a social level, I'd be keen to add this to my list of sims.
    Also great to see an Aussie dev team tackle the grass roots of the sport, and with all those kart manufacturers on-board I can see them producing an awesome Kartsim.

9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

... and its got PFI Laser Scanned!!! Wicked!

10. this part of the official website
    ''BUILD THE ULTIMATE RACE TEAM.''
    Buy a kart, create a team and invite your friends to race alongside you. Win races to unlock bigger headquarters, team skins, drones, rc cars and more.

gets me extremely excited for this game

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hmmm no mention of Zach Griffin. I guess he sold it off to Black Delta

12. It's not nowhere. I remember talking to Zach waaayyy back in the day and already in 2009 he was trying to develop this. Unfortunately we felt out of touch but he was always a top notch fellow, back from our GP4/grandprixgames.org days. Since then he greatly improved his skills and went on to obtain a degree in the field.

13. I became excited when I found the page of this game on Steam Greenlight and could see that there are plans to release it for Linux.

14. What engine does it use? Is it a custom made one?

15. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I think Kart Racing Pro looks pretty nice but if KartKraft has AI drivers and handle just as good I might give it a second thought !

16. It recently moved to Unreal 4

17. Ok. I think for something as specific as a simulation you should not choose a general engine, but write a custom one. But i understand why it is not possible with a small outfit like this.

As long as they dont use UEs built in physics however it should be OK. UEs physics are not exaxtly "simulation grade". They work fine for mesh on mesh collisions and joints, as well as simple gravity.

For the complexity of a specialized simulation in a specific field (in this case Karts) with many specialized properties (tyre deflection, rubber heat characteristics, semi-rigidity and body flexing, weight distribution and corner loads, power train flex and cut as well as more custom simulation vectors), i would go with writing my own engines.

18. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If I recall correctly I have been following this game since 2008. That's 8 years now and counting. :)

19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Brammion that's nothing! Ever heard of F1 Racing Manager Grand Prix Racing Manager?
    I remember getting on the waitlist for the beta for that, and getting screenshots of it. Back in 2008. It had already been delayed again, and again back then. It was supposed to start in the 2003 season... 12 years later, the site and everything is still up and running, but no news :p

Doom doesn't count, it's not racing related! :x3: