1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured KartKraft Closed Beta Announced

Discussion in 'KartKraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

KartKraft Beta.jpg
    Australian development studio Black Delta have announced highly anticipated kart racing simulator KartKraft is moving into a limited participation closed Beta program prior to a delayed public launch on June 4th.

Originally intended for a Q1 2016 release, Black Delta today announced the forthcoming title will run a closed Beta available to a limited number of the community who can provide a "focused, hands-on gameplay feedback" approach.

Interest in becoming a beta tester for the title can be registered at the Black Delta members website.

Those who fail to make the initial beta schedule will get another opportunity in the coming weeks and months as Black Delta propose sending invites out to to additional players at a later date.

Initial invitations to members who express an interest are due to be sent as early as next week. It is advised to act fast if you want to be one of the first people to try out this exciting new title.

"Scheduled for a June release on Steam’s Early Access, Unreal Engine 4 powered KartKraft, is an intense, hyper realistic kart racing game with real kart physics, laser scanned circuits, and a never-before-seen racing sandbox mode. Players can customize their avatar, kart and team with products from partners including FREEM, Alpinestars, CRG, IAME, MIR, Sparco, Arai, Arrow, Monaco, Praga, Sodikart and many more."

Check out the recent exclusive interview with Black Delta at our KartKraft forum here on RaceDepartment and keep abreast of all the latest news and info.

Will you be registering interest in becoming a beta tester? Disappointed by yet another delay? Leave your comments below!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Yey! Applied... :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Registered for Beta Testing. Kinda hard to know what to set though. Kart Racer, Gamer, Streamer and Media/Community fitted.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Signed up but almost gave up half way the process as this is more of a survey than a sign up form.

Too much focus on social media connections e.a... Happy to help and test, but doesn't feel good that social media connections are a factor to get on board the hype test train.

Also an important bug: fix the terms of service as users can't read and agree to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

I will register soon! Highly excited for that sim (I hope:))

6. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

As a Kart enthusiast in West Oz Ive signed up for the beta, and to support this Aussie Dev team.
    @Bram I think the social media component is more for guys like myself who follow Karting on a serious level, but I can see your point also :)

7. Applied ... I got quite hyped up about KartKraft after reading their interview here on RD. Then, seeing support for Oculus also :cool:

8. Count me in! :D

It's good to see they will do some testing before making it alive :D

9. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

applied also , if not granted a beta then atleast my RL kart is ready to start a new season again :)

10. This is bs... why not simply open an early access on steam ?! instead of doing an exclusive thing with minimal number of people... not to mention they ask to much questions that have nothing to do with wanting to simply try out and help out the development of the game !

Dirt rally was able to achieve a tremendous amount of work from the feedback thru EA, so there's absolutely no valid reason they can't do it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doing a public early access phase implies at least
    • user support for a unknown number of buyers that don't understand what early access means at all
    • has to follow certain (unknown to me) rules within Steam
    • may produce other expenses like UE4 fees that don't fit in their calculations
    • produces a lot of "twitter" you have to filter to get the useful feedback - not to mention information leaks all over the place
    • etc.
    Such a closed beta with a kind of pre-survey to check that the right persons in the developers point of view take part makes much more sense to a small "newcomer" studio to gain some useful feedback - you really couldn't compare Codemasters with them, could you?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. brooptss

brooptss
    Premium Member

Signed up, hope I get an invite! That teaser video looked damn good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Registered... had to put it down as a streamer/youtuber... They should have allowed multiple choices there I think. Let's see what happens; it definitely looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

You already got a good answer.

But from a developement kind of view (not bug and stress testing). A closed Beta with carefully picked persons are the right way to go.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. There's lots of good reasons actually. For SK we're running a closed beta so we can balance the game before putting it in to the wild. It's almost impossible to predict issues or areas of concern without stress testing first. The kind of questions you need to answer are:

1. Do we have enough tracks?
    2. Do the kart physics behave like they should for the best players but are also possible to use for the newbie before they develop their skills?
    3. Player progress? is the flow right? are the tutorials/learning events correct?
    4. What communication issues do we have? Are features in the game working correctly and if so, are players using them? Perhaps we're not explaining why this feature is important?
    5. Where can we simplify the core game loop to make it faster and easier for the player
    6. Game economy - in multiplayer mode, especially where players take points or currency off each other, what do you do in edge cases where players keep losing and run out of money, or keep winning and earn too much?
    7. Do we have enough depth in the game for the very best players? Do they run out of content too quickly? If so, when do they run out and how long does it take them?

These aren't things that can be done in the wild because they ruin the game experience and create bad reviews. From our perspective with Street Kart, these are all the kind of questions we need answers to before then trying with a serious amount of players. I suspect KartKraft's team feel the same.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Hot damn sir,

very well brought up your questions, if that's the mindset for you and your Dev team, then this game has plenty of potential :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Queequeg

Queequeg
    Premium Member

Finally more and more people are beginning to understand that open ended public betas are neither good for the consumer nor for the product. Never have I been so excited about a beta programme that I am not going to enter.

Just think about the possibilities: A new racing sim that we will be able to buy on release day and it might just be properly tested, feature and content complete. Outside of (admittedly great) Reiza releases, when was the last time somebody has even attempted this? Is this real life or is this just fantasy?

I wish the developers and beta testers all the success in the world and am looking forward to playing this game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  18. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Done. I hope to get approved!

19. Duke55

Duke55
    Premium Member

I'm quite happy to wait for the public release of this one.

Though I can answer this one without being a tester if I've done my research correctly. From viewing the website I noticed four tracks were named (Sarno in Italy, Atlanta Motorsports Park in the USA, Paul Fletcher International in the UK and Geelong Karting Club in Australia). As a consumer/customer I'd want at least 6 tracks as bare minimum to tempt me, possibly with a option to purchase another 4 to 6 via DLC at a reasonable price. I'd even go as far to nominate Ipswich Kart Club (Qld, Australia) as a track I'd like to see in game. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I sent the request.

I'm a occassional kart driver in the real life, and kart mechanic.