rF2 Karting Night - Wednesday 19th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waitin for my rF DVD to appear ... darn post from Blighty to here can either be great or chuffin useless ... when you need it to be great, you know its gonna be useless eh :rolleyes:

Based on recent delivery times we have had, there is a high likelihood that I shall not be attending the ever so fun looking karting this week ... lets see tho eh? :fingers-crossed:

• Andrew Evans

well then, i was about to test it out - so i'll let ya know....

• Andrew Evans

on that note ^^^

please make sure you read the top post before tonight, that way you'll know where the tracks go and won't get dropped as we move the last race :D

• Matt Crouch

might as well sign me up. Need to give the new G25 a test (thanks garry :D)

• Matt Crouch

sigh... three races and every one finished on the first lap for me

first race - false start and I couldn't do my drive thru for some reason.
second race - unfortunately hit in the first lap and lost my wheel
third race - went into the tyre barrier on the first lap and lost a wheel.. even after not hitting that one all through prac and quali

Thanks for organising anyway :)

That was great fun, first race I dnfed after being offline and whacking into a recovering Ryan (my fault) and lost the left front.
2nd race I came 5th with no battles.
3rd race I also again came 5th with no battles. Sorry to whoever I hit on the grid as my start was much faster than the person ahead.

Thanks for arranging. :becky:

Awesome racing, a 3rd and 2 6th position :D Lots of good fun, lots of accidents loved it.

Nice one Andrew

That was great fun, first race I dnfed after being offline and whacking into a recovering Ryan (my fault) and lost the left front.

Lol - I don't remember that at all. :D

First karting event for me - was great fun.

La Conca - this was a very difficult track with the kerbs. I managed 4th in quali but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with Nigel and Ben in the race. Fortunately Ben cooked his engine on the start and I got a good start, second behind Lee. I think there was some hoo-ha due to Ben's mishap at the start, as I spun on the 3rd corner without losing a place. Nigel caught up to me and Lee went off somehwere, I didn't see what happened, only that I was in first lol. Had a very short battle with Nigel before spinning it and he got miles ahead. I rolled it and span it once more along my way to 2nd, miles behind Nige who set some blistering laps.

Pittsburgh - quali was good, got 3rd but I couldn't find those few hundreths needed to displace Nige from 2nd. Ben was miles ahead. I got a great start again, to lead but I span (again!) on the first corner of the second lap and dropped to 4th behind Nige, Peter and Ben. Ben got away before he made amsitake and allowed Nige to close up on him. While Nige was trying to get past him, Peter sneaked past Nigel into 2nd. A couple of laps later, Nigel went up the inside and Peter obviously hadn't seen him and turned in only to get truned off the track lol. I passed Nigel after a short battle and came home 2nd, 11 seconds behind Ben.

Lauro De Freitas - qualified 2nd this time but couldn't match Ben. Got a good start again into first. Ben had dropped behind Nige off the line but was quickly past and came after me. He passed me at the hairpin and a lap later I repassed him through the twistys. He got a run at me into the second corner, I didn't even know he was there till the last second and he ran in deep and was all over the place. Thinking he was gonna spin, I jumped over the inside of the corner and was ahead again., The very next corner Ben span/rolled it, and I think Nigel did the same soon after gifting me an 8 second lead back to Paul. Ben came charging through late on with some great laps but I was just making sure I didn't spin and had a comfortable enough cushion to win by 4 seconds.

Great event Andrew and thanks to RD too! :good:

Great event, really hope we can do the karts again soon..

First race was OK, quali middle of the field. Went out on lap 1 after being nurfed up the backside into turn 3/4 - my fault, I was probably over cautious after the number of spins I'd had in practice! Beached on the curb and couldn't get off!

Second race I quali 4th or 5th I think (it was a bit of a blur). Out on lap one after doing a head spin into the forest section - well done everyone for missing my break dancing efforts.. :dance2:

Third race and I finally completed my first race at RD! Not for want of trying mind. A fourth place that I was satisfied with after all the problems of the previous races - If I'd finished last I would have been happy to get that particular monkey off my back... :laugh2:

Thanks for organising, it was great fun - can't wait for the next one - even if the third track does seem to have gremlins..

• Andrew Evans

cheers fellas... excellent karting joy!

la conca - ran 6th for a long time before deciding in the closing laps i hadn't done enough work developing my head/track interface... and promptly dropped to 8th...

pittsburgh - apologies to wee croucher - i think i mullered you halfway around the first lap whilst trying to avoid somebody in the middle of the track on their head :D.... bent my steering and ran the rest of the race pulling to one side and with a super super heated front left... battled with tim, he'd pass me... make a mistake, i'd re-take... until i was, as usual, way too generous to karts lapping me - and lost ground to him in the last lap.. finished 7th...

lauro - over very quickly.... was having a genuine lol at croucher eating tyres behind me when i found myself eating tyres at the next corner cause i was too busy looking back... karmic revenge... dead kart....

apologies for the few probs with lauro - seemed to settle down after we initially loaded.. had tested it obv... but just one of those things i guess....

karts will return, am sure :thumb:

Some good some bad moments for me :) First race was smooth even was
2nd for a while then a curb flipped me on my head and was 5th in the end .
Second race my pc decided to crash at the start :( Rejoined for the last race and got disconnected at th 5th lap. A bit weird but it was fun to drive the karts again :)
Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back