Kart Racing

those things are really cool. see them at daytona kart week in december going around the daytona road course. whats the next step after those like what's next after you leave those?

It's Formula Ford or Formula BMW or Formula Renault 1.6 if you live in Sweden.

Next year I might get a Rotax Max (not the Juniour one). I have driven it during the winter and it's a beast compare to what I drive wich is a Formula Yamaha. Then comparing it with a Superkart it would be an alien car.

Toby do you know eny good Events during summer for Karting were Rotax Max can participate because me and dad have been thinking of going to England to race against the better drivers compare to the swedish drivers.

Next year I might get a Rotax Max (not the Juniour one). I have driven it during the winter and it's a beast compare to what I drive wich is a Formula Yamaha. Then comparing it with a Superkart it would be an alien car.

Toby do you know eny good Events during summer for Karting were Rotax Max can participate because me and dad have been thinking of going to England to race against the better drivers compare to the swedish drivers.
look to see when the european championship is. it takes you too the world finals depending their rules. for me i have to run reigional stuff and get points then run the grand nationals here in the u.s. and get in the top 3 in points after the event. if i do then i go italy where the grand finals are this year. look into rotax max challenge here: http://www.maxchallenge-rotax.com/

WoW you most take the longer road ever. I dont think of doing the Rotax Max challange next year since school is so importent but I just thought of doing a few big races in Europe and see how I do it against the other drivers, if I am good I am good and if I am avrage I am avrage.

school over racing!?!?!?!?! i miss school all the time to go zoom zoom. look around and there may be a greece championship for roatx. don't look like it. though there should be one in romania or hungary. if you can go over seas then italy will defenitly have one being one the grand finals has been there 2 times (2008, went to egypt in 2009, and back in 2010).

Problem is that the italians race with a different budget (which is very high).
There is the Rotax Max Euro challenge but it does cost alot so best thing is the national championship and try to get good there.
I myself don't race in the Max Challenge in my country due to the transportation costs to and from races.

Well there is a Rotax Max championship in Greece but it doesn't have that good drivers, and well there are a good Rotax Max events in sweden (were I live) but during summer are all go-kart races takng a big break and there for am I forced to go some where in Europe to race. Italy, Spain or England seems to be the only targets for the moment.

Well if you live in Sweden and only look for fun races there are 4 other series that runs Rotax Max as well.
Those 4 series are split up in the north, south, west and east part of Sweden and they have pretty good competition.

Realy, I live in the middle of sweden and I dont think the competition is that good because I rimember that I lost tons of races because people were not driving right. I had a race at Lingköping and at the start of the race it's a LONG straight and then you have to brake hard for a hair pin or what it is called. Well I did as I had to, I was very close ot the driver infront and then out of no were come someone behind me and tabet be so hard that I flyed of the track. I was lanched up on air and hit a girl on the shoulder (she did not get injurd :D ) but I feared of landing with my head. And this have not happend once but I have been tabbed this hard several times but I have never got lanched up on air.

Then there was one other time when some idiot who thought he was my rival tryed to pass me by hitting me and made me go off track and lose the race, I was in 6th and it had been a very long time since I got my gokart to function that good since out front wheels were having to much camber since the chasse was old.

How ever, I think I will probobly do the Swedish Cup next year if I can get a clue on how much you pay for the tyres and fuel that you buy from the organisers since it's a Parc Ferme rule and a race at Göteborg were it said to be bigger then the Swedish Cup. (less about me and more about the other kart drivers)

Now I recognzied your name.
You drive Yamaha #24 right?
Then I've seen you racing and you might have seen me racing, I drive the #39 (now #32, someone stole my number grr) CRG Rotax Max Senior in MKR.
And yes there are many crashes in Swedish karting, I remember my first year in 2008 I spent more time off track than on track due to people finding a room that only fits half a kart.
Yamaha is a good class though and the engine has really sweet sound from it :)

Hehe I remember your number because I used #24 in Yamaha in 2008.
Nice to hear that you like our track, it is a bit bumpy at the moment though.
It needs a resurfacement but I'm not sure it will happen this year.
As for karters there are some but I only know of you, me and Erik Brodin (Senior #47 Intrepid) of being active in the simracing community so far.
Not sure why we have so few represented, could be that reale racing is enough and online racing isn't :p

I sow Eric Brodin on GP-O but he have not logged in for Day's how ever I rimember we had a great battle on last years MKR race in Järnfälla with him even though it did not last that long. For a Rookie in Järnfälla I was driving like the pro's :D. That was great times.

I suggest you do a few club events over here at tracks like Rye House, Little Rissington, Shenington, Kimbolton and so on, before you do a national champs (they called the Super 4s or something?).

No not at all, it's just faster to shift without a clutch :) There isn't enough power to rip the gearbox apart - you see bikers doing this as well. :)
Ah... that's very interesting. I'd love to get into professional karting, but I'm to poor and too heavy to be anywhere near competitive. Thanks for the info though, as it's put my mind at ease about whether I'd be able to do it with my hand injury. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back