Kart Racing

sounds like it was indoor, like i thought. with a track so tight.
well done, Adam, it does sound like thr was heaps of "Rubbing" out there.
Did you beat your friend?

Yeh was indoor and alot of people getting hit as others held them up or jst others cant drive. Yeh I beat my friend but another friend who came won the whole thing. Really enjoyed it though. Last time i went i only went for like 20 mins but we did a tournament and it was fantastic.

I went indoor karting before. Ofcourse, I was bigger than my friend, so I had to use a heavier adult kart which was slower. Then my friend kept ramming me. I hate indoor...

Actually yes,

this is where I cut my teeth in motor racing, in these ridiculously fast machines.
I raced in Australia in the 125cc class from '94 - '96, then raced 250cc FE from '98 through to 2001.

Haven't raced since '01 but looking at buying another 250 next year.
I was just about to buy a 125cc shifter kart; glad I decided to wait t get the bigger brother instead.

It's great to see someone else into these - Great stuff Toby!!!

Same with Werner, even going for an Amateur go-kart track for having fun with your friends is expensive while buying a go-kart is nearly imposibble :D

But someday, someday everything will get cheaper...Hopes :)

And loved those "Flying" Go-karts. Driving must be extremely thrilling.

Actually yes,

this is where I cut my teeth in motor racing, in these ridiculously fast machines.
I raced in Australia in the 125cc class from '94 - '96, then raced 250cc FE from '98 through to 2001.

Haven't raced since '01 but looking at buying another 250 next year.
I was just about to buy a 125cc shifter kart; glad I decided to wait t get the bigger brother instead.

It's great to see someone else into these - Great stuff Toby!!!
:)
Then you know what it's like to have a crash like the one I had at Cadwell Park in that video? :p
It's great stuff though, and the other good thing about them is that you can walk up and down the paddock and look at all the cars that cost £50k (whereas your kart is about £2k) and smile at them because YOU ARE SETTING QUICKER LAPTIMES! :p

Nope, we think that it's better to be thrown clear. There is no evidence that agrees with this! :)
Basically, in that crash, I bent the steering column (which is a 4cm thick piece of stainless steel) with my helmet. :)

Really want to get into any level of karting, just the cost thats stopping me :(. Do you mind me asking how you finance your racing?

Have been karting a few times at a local (ish) track, but would love to join a series with me own kart.

That first vid is some amazing footage.

If you don't mind me asking Toby/Steve, how do you shift gears in those things? I know there's a stick because I can see you taking one hand off the wheel, but what actions do you actually go through to shift up and down?

Really want to get into any level of karting, just the cost thats stopping me :(. Do you mind me asking how you finance your racing?

Have been karting a few times at a local (ish) track, but would love to join a series with me own kart.
Bit of sponsorship here and there, some lifestyle changes, some saving, and lots of working! That's about it really :) Costs for a year are about £6000, maybe a bit less, without any of the setup costs. If you smoked 40 fags a day, that's £4000... just to put it into perspective :)

That first vid is some amazing footage.

If you don't mind me asking Toby/Steve, how do you shift gears in those things? I know there's a stick because I can see you taking one hand off the wheel, but what actions do you actually go through to shift up and down?
It's really simple. To shift up, I whack the gear lever forwards while lifting off the throttle (I don't disengage the clutch for any purpose other than to start the thing or at low speed). To shift down I pull the lever sharply towards myself and, again, lift off the throttle (if you are braking then you don't need to reapply the throttle at any point, seen as I right foot brake, thanks to there being a clutch pedal on the left). That's all there is to it.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back