• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Kart Racing Pro Updated - Build Release3 Now Live

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,893
    Kart Racing Pro Update.jpg
    Impressive karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been updated recently, bringing a few new fixes and improvements to the independently developed simulation.

Built and released by one man modding team PiBoSo, Kart Racing Pro is a PC exclusive kart racing simulation that aims to offer a realistic and challenging karting experience, to be used as both a commercial training tool and public race sim. As such the game does indeed offer a very realistic feeling experience and simulates some of the biggest names in karting, both in the form of tracks and kart manufacturers.

Having been around for a while now, KRP only recently released to Steam in the last few months and has had a steady trickle of updates come its way. Now on build 'release3', the latest update isn't massive in size but does address some of the existing issues within the game, as well as adding some useful improvements such as the welcome inclusion of animated flags.

Build release3 update notes:
    • fix: jump start detection
    • fix: add trainer
    • fix: kart stand in loaded replays
    • fix: Genk corridors
    • fix: Genk Small pit area
    • fix: Zuera Short
    • new: save and restore of the dynamic track surface between testing sessions
    • new: track category support
    • new: added the automatically saved trainers to the "Add Trainer" dialog
    • new: animated flags

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
    The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
    As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
    • automotive industry-standard tyre model
    • chassis flex simulation
    • dynamic track surface groove buildup
    • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
    • dynamic marbles generation
    • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
    • user-selectable driver gestures
    • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
    • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
    • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
    • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
    • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
    • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
    • FreeTrack support
    • TrackIR support
    • EDTracker support
    Kart Racing Pro Update 2.jpg

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Facundo Estevez

Facundo Estevez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    Anyone has any opinions on this game in VR? Looks like a nice addition to my library.

3. Facundo Estevez

Facundo Estevez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    I've been waiting for KartKraft to release for forever now, and I really like Karts.

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +187
    I find the karts in Automobilista really well done. After years of karting i am very picky about kart sims. Personally i think Reiza did a better job in vehicle behavior than KRP pro. I was not really impressed with KRP pro till now. It has some nice specific karting features, like the gestures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,415
    This is just not considered as the sim. I have tried some earlier versions, and my guess is, they still didn't fix that strange turning movement, which in lots of cases cannot be controled.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,668
    Having no issues at all with the turning, :)
    do not assign smoothing to the wheel input device :) and the snap effect mid corner goes away..

7. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    Does anyone know what's going on with KartKraft?

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,668
    Last contact i had with him was a long time ago as it went to private Beta testing, before release. then a few more screen shots and silence. Fingers crossed it eventually see the light of day on pc.
    Kart race pro in my opinion is the best we have right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    But Kart Race Pro doesn't have AI though? Or am i wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rage9one

Rage9one

Ratings:
    +11
    Awesome game :thumbsup:

11. Brice.S.

Brice.S.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Same here, they said (about 3 months ago) that they are waiting for EA approval before releasing it ...
    ...It seems that they didn't approuve it.... so, no "real" news, even the community manager is nowhere now...I don't expect a release before mid-2018 ..if they will ever be...

Concerning KRP, I totally abandoned the game since one year and a half...not a bad game (and honestly for now the best kart game), but boring...:( ...in fact it's the best just because there is nothing else...
    @++

• Sad Sad x 1
  12. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +1
    Haven't purchased KRP yet but i do Love Piboso Sim's. MX Bikes is really Good & I think it should really Begin to Rival MXS In terms of Motocross Simulation in the future. I've drove The WRS Beta and i had a lot of fun with it. They do a pretty good job with dynamic track and Wet weather/Drying Line.

• Love Love x 1