1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Kart Racing Pro: New Beta Update

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

KR Pro Screenshot.jpg
    Talented game designed PiBoSo has updated karting simulation Kart Racing Pro to version 15b, adding a host of fixes and improvements including improved support for Oculus Rift users.

Alongside the new Rift enhancements and usual game fixes, version 15b also brings to the simulation a new circuit in the form of the 2016 layout for Lonato. Kart Racing Pro currently has 26 different karts and four tracks as part of the standard content offering. However with the game engine able to support community modding, plenty of additional tracks and vehicles are available to download via the Kart Racing Pro forum.

PiBoSo has confirmed work on new and updated karts and on improved netcode is in progress ready for a full version 1 release soon.

Changelog:
    • fix: chassis simulation
    • fix: aerodynamic simulation
    • fix: tyres' physics data
    • fix: race gap calculation
    • fix: track animations timer
    • fix: kart selection page optimization
    • fix: allow for a separate track layout image
    • fix: screen resolution setting
    • fix: plugins sprites color
    • fix: plugins calls when loading a replay
    • fix: input plugins POV support
    • fix: updated to Oculus SDK 1.3.x
    • fix: user interface background
    • new: karts default setups support
    • new: garage wheels load and ride height readouts
    • new: compare setups option
    • new: fixed setup option
    • new: default controller profiles support
    • new: intake paint support
    • new: dash paint support
    • new: option to force the rolling start
    • new: wing support
    • new: moving wing support
    • new: shared skies support
    • new: random skies support
    • new: support for dash flashing led
    • new: driver and camera set selection from plugin
    • new: vsync setting
    • new: MyChron5 dash
    • new: Lonato 2016
    Changelog 15b:
    • fix: joystick calibration bug

Steam Greenlight Trailer:

Kart Racing Pro is currently at Steam Greenlight status, and will be available on the Steam store in the coming weeks. Check out the Kart Racing Pro steam page here.

Those of you who want to get in on the action earlier can download the game demo directly from the Kart Racing Pro website. Upgrades to a full game licence can be purchased from the site.

Kart Racing Pro 2.jpg Kart Racing Pro 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro 5.jpg Kart Racing Pro 6.jpg Kart Racing Pro 7.jpg Kart Racing Pro 8.jpg Kart Racing Pro.jpg

Do you own Kart Racing Pro? What do you think of the game? Does the increased VR support make this title appeal more to those of you who don't already own it? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

I'm impressed. This is mostly one guy providing features that not even the big sims all have...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yeah I'd give this shot if the price is about right.

I like the premise that this is based as much on simulation as possible, so allowing real kart racers to maybe learn tracks or play around with settings before they race at circuits for the first time.

I know it's never going to be 100% real life but it's an interesting approach as it broadens it's market from just those who want a simcade style sim.

4. Hopefully it will drive like a real kart throughout the entire envelope.
    That's something no other game developer has done to date.
    As someone who started in basic karts and progressed all the way to 250cc shifters, I've yet to drive a virtual model which feels anything like the real kart while cornering.
    Most of the one already represented feel okay on the straights but the corner feel is severely lacking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. one man show.. wonder where all the 'simulation value' preachers are. oh, probably graphics arent good enough

• Wow Wow x 1
  6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I'm not usually into karting games just because they tend not to make for great simracing experiences, but this actually looks pretty cool :)

7. Mate, dont you know that the 'simulation value' experts are only truly experts in GT3 and F1 cars... Due to their vast real world experience being in the real car while being top drivers in major series? Oh, and you cannot discount all of their engineering work while simultaneously driving those cars!

They cannot possibly be simulation value experts on karts, those are for children! :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

That's why even F1 drivers take out their karts off season. Because it's friggin awesome.

• Wow Wow x 1
  9. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

From what I know (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) the physics/game engine AMS uses is still based around a suspension based model. Whereas of course a kart doesn't have suspension it's chassis flexes instead. That's what sims like this one and KartKraft are hoping to re-produce in their physics model.

Of course a lot of us are probably not too bothered as long as the driving experience is good (like you mention in AMS).

From a physics and accuracy point of view though Kart Racing Pro and KartKraft will be better.

....and yes this sim has dynamic weather in it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I tested the beta several times throughout the years and it always feelt fantastic. AMS is great but Piboso's karting felt even better. Sounds were great as well. And i havent tested it in quite a while now so i imagine its even better now. I remember the speed feeling was awesome which made you grip the wheel hard. :) Leaning forward is not auto, you have a button for it. Most things are adjustable/activated through the driver. Bunch of settings on the engine as well (idle etc). Cant wait to check it out when it goes live.

12. A friend of mine worked at a karting center in England and the training school runs KRP.